Who is Going to the NASCAR Viper Parade Lap at MIS?

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I signed up and am going to this Viper parade lap at the Michigan International Speedway NASCAR race Sunday. Just hope it doesn't rain, but the parade lap is going to happen rain or shine I guess. There are supposed to be 90 Vipers there. Hope to see some of you there. It will be on FOX, the race starts at 1 PM Eastern, but the parade lap is at Noon. I don't know if they will televise the parade lap or not, but everyone stay tuned to the TV. Should be a lot of fun.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am headed to Gingerman shortly and then over to MIS early Sunday morning! Should be a great weekend!

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out of town so couldn't attend. I also missed the television coverage... does anyone know if the parade lap was televised? Sean, Ryan, Joe, any report from those of you that attended?

OP
OP
M

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richard K:
I was out of town so couldn't attend. I also missed the television coverage... does anyone know if the parade lap was televised? Sean, Ryan, Joe, any report from those of you that attended?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I taped the first 2 hours of the race and did not see the Viper parade lap televised. The guy from Sirius said that they videod it and it may be available through the VCA. Was a fun time though.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gang,

A buddy from the infield taped it, I'll try and email it over to those that are interested when I get it on the PC.

A fun time for all, as per usual Sean and I slip in two hours after everyone, therefore being the last 2 Vipers to make the lap!!
smile.gif

Of course we all stayed at 60 mph for the lap, haha, yes we did........for some strange reason some of the Vipers ended up swinging down the slope facing the grandstand, almost as if the tires were spinning, interesting....

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great weekend! Gingerman for Viper Days on Saturday, and Nascar Parade Slither on Sunday! Long day but lots of fun! Of course, Ryan's day wasn't as long as he came a couple hours later(smart move!!) I took pictures and hope to have them posted later today!

DC brought out the SRT-10 and Ram SRT-10! Pictures to come as soon as my son takes his nap!!