Who would never, ever track their Viper?

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be afraid of getting that first stone chip. I would never venture out on a track where you could possibly go faster than the 55 mph speedlimit.

AH HAH! so that's why you only drive on dirt tracks now!

OP
OP
Bad_Byte

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be afraid of getting that first stone chip. I would never venture out on a track where you could possibly go faster than the 55 mph speedlimit.

AH HAH! so that's why you only drive on dirt tracks now!

Drive on dirt tracks? or Drive on the dirt at the track?

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, to spend time on a track at speed and in an environment that is less likely to result in damage to myself and the car. That is why I will be participating in my second year of Viper Days (not the WTW/race group). I enjoy learning something about how the drive faster and under more control and enjoy a small amount of competition for the best time in my group. This is expensive with the cost of pads, rotors, tires, etc. Don't get me wrong, I in no way think I am "racing." Try Viper Days if you have not. You will be hooked.

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I would and have tracked my Viper, but I would not use it as my *regular* track car - there is just too much financial risk as the insurance companies are getting touchy about covering non-racing 'track' days even if they are advertised as driver's 'education'

I have a modified Z28 with a roll cage and harnesses that I use as a dedicated track car because I can afford to loose it if I crash it - and because the mods are dirt cheap by comparison.

For those of you who can afford to do the same with your Viper, more power (literally) too you!

Jim

Heysie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do track my car, but the downside is I do not like just driving around the streets anymore. Then I'd rather take my bike...much faster..