Who's GTS did I race this afternoon on 23 N in MI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who\'s GTS did I race this afternoon on 23 N in MI?

If JD finds out you two were racing on a public highway he is going hang foot in both your azzes. You have been warned.

:)

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FADI, this is now on other car boards and it's pretty obvious NO ONE is siding with you. You're own video killed your arguments.

....care to share any links to these other sites? Other than the Alley.

Steve

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have found that the power/weight does affect races from a roll, as well. I normally don't race from a dig (for multiple reasons, but it's hard to get setup anyway), but I have raced SEVERAL cars with a lot more horsepower, but much heavier, and beat them on the highway. I'm not sure how it would go in the quarter mile, though. Here are two examples:

I raced a turbo Trans AM with 650rwhp. I have about 500 - 510rwhp, but I weigh about 650lbs less than this guy. We went out on the highway, and were pretty much dead even going from 50 - 150mph. We never raced from a dig.

I raced a Kenne Bell supercharged Mustang Cobra that had 585rwhp, but he weighs 500lbs more than me. Our runs weren't that great on the highway for several reasons, but I pulled about a half a car to a full car on him. He went and got headers, then dyno'd 611rwhp. I raced him at the track a couple of weeks later, and beat him pretty badly. His friend then drove the car, and I beat him very badly as well (even though our trap speeds were similar in one race).

That same day, I raced a heads/cam + 100 shot C5 Z06 and an LPE TT C5 Z06. We were all pretty close on the track.

ALL of these cars (except the Cobra, it's questionable) should beat me very badly on the highway, they all have better power:weight ratios than me. However, on the track, there are a LOT more factors that come into play. Your suspension, tires, driver's ability, etc.

Given equal drivers, p:w might make MORE of a difference in a quarter mile, but it certainly makes a difference on the highway as well. I have seen it time and time again. One cool thing about racing from a roll, is you eliminate a lot of "driver error" and it basically comes down to which car is faster. It's not perfect, but I feel like it's a closer comparison between cars as opposed to drivers.

OP
OP
F

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FADI, this is now on other car boards and it's pretty obvious NO ONE is siding with you. You're own video killed your arguments.

You are acting like a spoiled child. The above posts easily explain what happened and why. You're own video backs these facts.

For you're own dignity, sit down and shut up. All you are doing is embarrassing yourself and other Z owners. Especially the wanna race BS. This in light of the fact you bailed on several offers from the Alley. Be a man and accept it and move on. It is not the last time you will run across a modded GTS. You'll have your day in the sun, eventually.

Here's a tissue...

You are just as stupid as twinturbo!! You Viper guys must share a string of stupidity that seems to not want to evaporate from your thick skulls.

How can you say I bailed on the alley when I was the one that kept on wanting to race the guy?? Let me remind you the exact sequence of messages and you tell me who bailed

Him:
"Im A Local And Would Be Willing To Lay Down $2000 Saying That You'll Get Your Ass Handed To You By My 98 Viper. Anytime Your Ready To Lay Down The Money Ill Pull It Out. The Z06 Is Bad Ass....................... But Not That Bad"

me:
"If you are in the neighborhood of 500-510 rwhp, lets race but for fun. I do not race for money. If you are in the above neighborhood of hp, you will get beat by my stock car. Take the challenge and lets race"

Him:
"Talk Is Cheap.....lol.... Who Are You To Say Talk Is Cheap. Lay Down 2 Grand And Lets Race. So Put Up Or Shut Up"

me:
"Ha, talk is cheap as in you can talk all the BS you want. I am offering to race you right now for fun, at this minute, if you are not pushing more than 510 rwhp. A call out doesn't get anymore clear than that. Act like a bad ass all you want over the internet. Take your car out, get a hold of Bob, and lets race TODAY with FAIR starts. I am waiting"

him:
"Look Here Little Boy, I Dont Talk Talk [*****] And Thats Why Im Willing To Drop 2g's On A Quick Race Little Boy. .........."

me (calling him out AGAIN):
".....just remember who called YOU and YOUR friend out in a stock car, and who is refusing to come out and race. This will show the Viperalley community how easy it is to talk macho over the internet and not really race when it comes down to it."

him:
"Well, Did Your Daddy Give You The Money So That We Can Race"

me:
"....

Like I said before, if you are in the 460-510 rwhp range, and when you want to race for fun, let me know. Until then, you are just another scared Viper owner who won't come out and race.."

Another Alley member then says:
"I think the fact that Fadi is willing to race again but the owner of the red Viper is not says a lot........ "

So now, *******, you tell me who bailed out on racing!!

Viper Mad, I see the frustrations screaming out of your posts. I know it is painful to see a stock Corvette reeling in a full bolt on Viper after it got a 1.5 car jump into the race. It will be ok.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who really cares????? I like Vettes but they are a dime a dozen. I don't care if a Mini Cooper could beat my Viper. My Viper is one bad ass neck snapper that gets my juices going....Vettes are nice but again too damn plentiful and bland for me. Plus even though they are having a terrible year, the Steelers rule!!!!!! Go Big Ben!!!!!!!!! :bonker:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fadi you just keep going and going. Are you the damn energizer bunny or what?

Now it is a FULL BOLT ON GTS. It is exhaust and air cleaner. That is not full bolt on in anyones mind except yours.

You bring up the jump aspect over an over as well. The video shows you at the same speed. No jump except the separation. And the separation did not change - thus the comment by us stupid idiots that the cars were equal.

As to the power to weight comment really what should be stated is the power to resistance ratio. From rest only the weight figures in. And up to 100 mph the drag aspect is fairly small, but getting more important. However as you increase the speed the drag becomes more important (note it goes up by the square of the velocity).

At 100 drag is consuming about 25 percent of the power. At 150 it is consuming about 55 percent, a greater factor than the weight.

The bottom line is that at 150 and above it is mostly drag and power. The GTS is stated to be nearly the same power and nearly the same drag. What the heck do you think the result should be if you started at 150? If most of the spirited runs were over 100 then drag is the bigger variable and reducing the weight affect accordingly.

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'll bet you can spank about anything you ever line up with, car or bike. I love the S/C, but my car is currently making 545RWHP because I have stock pistons and fuel system. I'm actually getting ready to change the pistons, full fuel system, and a few more goodies. I'd like to see 850RWHP next Spring.

OP
OP
F

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fadi you just keep going and going. Are you the damn energizer bunny or what?

Now it is a FULL BOLT ON GTS. It is exhaust and air cleaner. That is not full bolt on in anyones mind except yours.

You bring up the jump aspect over an over as well. The video shows you at the same speed. No jump except the separation. And the separation did not change - thus the comment by us stupid idiots that the cars were equal.

As to the power to weight comment really what should be stated is the power to resistance ratio. From rest only the weight figures in. And up to 100 mph the drag aspect is fairly small, but getting more important. However as you increase the speed the drag becomes more important (note it goes up by the square of the velocity).

At 100 drag is consuming about 25 percent of the power. At 150 it is consuming about 55 percent, a greater factor than the weight.

The bottom line is that at 150 and above it is mostly drag and power. The GTS is stated to be nearly the same power and nearly the same drag. What the heck do you think the result should be if you started at 150? If most of the spirited runs were over 100 then drag is the bigger variable and reducing the weight affect accordingly.

The car has headers, no cats, exhaust, airbox, tubes and probably a tune. That is full bolt on car.

As far as the video goes, I guve up because you guys are getting old and so is your eye sights. So, I forgive you.

And what would happen at 150? Let me tell you. Similar power? Yes. Similar aerodynamics? Yes. Simialr redline? Not even close. The Z06 would win because it would be able to carry out 4th and 5th gear for a longer interval of mph. A GTS isn't hitting 162 in 4th gear and it sure isn't going to hit near 200 in 5th gear.

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The driver is the biggest determining factor, always! Even in a roll, there are people that power shift, and some that don't. It makes a big difference. You also need to shift at the right time.
If you have a 3,000 pound car lining up on a roll with a car that weighs 4,400 pounds, and the heavier car had 50hp more, yes he will take a beating. In a roll with a 600 pound difference and the heavier car having 150RWHP more and losing or staying even, I'd say there may have been some driver error there. Either that, or some people really don't know how much power they are really making. Just my opinion from my experiences.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No are showing your ignorance. No stupidity in that you are flashing your ignorance in bold letters.

What the hell does rpm or redline mean? Absolutely nothing. It is POWER at a specific speed. Keep thye car near its peak power. I presume both cars have shifters that allow you to do that. Btw the speeds in gears are very close as well. Or did you not know that being an ex viper owner and all. You should have noticed that you and the GTS shifted at about the same points, right?

Numb nuts he also said he was running the stock cal. And headers are a part of the exhaust system. Don't try to make his car to be more modified than it is. It is a fairly mildly modded car.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score

me:"Ha, talk is cheap as in you can talk all the BS you want. I am offering to race you right now for fun, at this minute, if you are not pushing more than 510 rwhp. A call out doesn't get anymore clear than that. Act like a bad ass all you want over the internet. Take your car out, get a hold of Bob, and lets race TODAY with FAIR starts. I am waiting"

It's funny you are telling him that a call doesn't get any clear than that when he is the one to put the money down.

So now, *******, you tell me who bailed out on racing!!

Lee, I call ban on this. We've heard enough. Second?

OP
OP
F

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No are showing your ignorance. No stupidity in that you are flashing your ignorance in bold letters.

What the hell does rpm or redline mean? Absolutely nothing. It is POWER at a specific speed. Keep thye car near its peak power. I presume both cars have shifters that allow you to do that. Btw the speeds in gears are very close as well. Or did you not know that being an ex viper owner and all. You should have noticed that you and the GTS shifted at about the same points, right?

Numb nuts he also said he was running the stock cal. And headers are a part of the exhaust system. Don't try to make his car to be more modified than it is. It is a fairly mildly modded car.

LT's, no cats, cat-back exhaust, airbox, filters and I am assuming a tune is a FULL BOLT ON CAR. Quit kidding yourself. No, it is not heavily modded, but, it is a full bolt on cars. Full bolt on cars are not heavily modded, I know this.

If a Z06 and a GTS are both making 460 rwhp, The GTS will make its peak hp at ~5500 rpms while the Z06 will make it peak HP at ~6500 rpms. When the GTS has to shift at 6K rpms, the Z06 keeps on going to its peak HP and shift afterwards. The GTS might have a simialr shift point, but "similar" is not the same as "exact". The Z06 can go 162 mph is 4th, the GTS can't. The Z06 can go to near 200 mph in 5th, the GTS can't.

OP
OP
F

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Aww, did I make you cry?? I am sawwy, I really didn't mean to. :buttkick:

I see it is ok for the Viper guys to throw out personal attacks, but I can't. Duh, I should have figured I am on the most biased car organization on the face of this planet.. :D

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score

Aww, did I make you cry?? I am sawwy, I really didn't mean to. :buttkick:

I see it is ok for the Viper guys to throw out personal attacks, but I can't. Duh, I should have figured I am on the most biased car organization on the face of this planet.. :D

No dude, I'm just tired of seeing you cry.

Don't go away mad, just... actually go away mad. No one here cares.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The car has headers, no cats, exhaust, airbox, tubes and probably a tune. That is full bolt on car.

I hate to burst your bubble further, but Bob has never touched anything 'tune wise' on the car since he got it the winter of 1999, There are 25,000 miles on the venerable old thing. It still has the original plugs and wires. In fact, he told me the first time he took it out this summer, his clutch slipped a little, but has been OK since.

There are literally hundreds, if not a few thousand Vipers with the mods you list above. Pretty common stuff. As Ron said---a mildly modded 10 year old vehicle.

Steve

OP
OP
F

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hate to burst your bubble further, but Bob has never touched anything 'tune wise' on the car since he got it the winter of 1999, There are 25,000 miles on the venerable old thing. It still has the original plugs and wires. In fact, he told me the first time he took it out this summer, his clutch slipped a little, but has been OK since.

There are literally hundreds, if not a few thousand Vipers with the mods you list above. Pretty common stuff. As Ron said---a mildly modded 10 year old vehicle.

Steve

And I am not disagreeing that there are 1000's of cars like his on the road. That just means that there are 1000's of full bolt on Vipers on the road.
:D

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fadi said
"Aww, did I make you cry?? I am sawwy, I really didn't mean to.
I see it is ok for the Viper guys to throw out personal attacks, but I can't. Duh, I should have figured I am on the most biased car organization on the face of this planet.."

Actually you would be correct, we are a little biased here, it's called the Viper Club of America and you have not only posted the results and a video of a street race which is prohibited here but was overlooked for a bit but you now have let your comments get out of hand as to language so you can take a little vacation and think about that.

Reaction score

Just to clarify....no frustration here.....COMIC RELIEF is more like it.

Also...MY car is "FULL bolt on". Everything I have was bolted on, heads have never been off (well...except to replace #7 rod and piston with STOCK parts).

Again with the "reeling him in", "full bolt-on"???

I guess I can say (again):

10 Year old car, original wires and plugs, SOME bolt on goodies.....*** YOU could NOT pull away!! LOL!!

Fadi=laughing stock!! TOO much FUN! :)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So smart ass what is the top speed in each gear for the GTS? You make the claim the Z is so much higher so you must know the answer.

Btw I hope you realize the GTS fuel shut off is 6250 and it has 3.07 final drive. Now do the math.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang