Who's RT Hardtop is this - Viper Magazine Ad

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who\'s RT Hardtop is this - Viper Magazine Ad

On page 43 of the Fall 04 issue of VIPER, the HRE wheels ad. The black RT in the picture, who's hardtop is on that car?

It's NOT that "new" folding hardtop jobby on page 61, because of the way that one extends way onto the sport bar.

Thanks

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who\'s RT Hardtop is this - Viper Magazine Ad

no is not the trunk top. The top in the add is made in such a way that the top requires that the pad on the front of the sports bar be removed to put this top on. I think this top has also been out of production if i am recalling numerous thread/discussions about this particular top, from this add picture, before

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's an old aluminum design no longer in production. Made by MetalCrafters, I think. I'm told it was very low, won't even work with OEM zipper windows. And I had dibs on it first.

OP
OP
V

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks.
Looks kind off cool, I kinda like it.
Too bad its OOP!

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ViperJoe,

Yea, I really liked the styling of that one also. A couple of years ago I tried hunting one down for my car. I since learned that, at one point, the manufacturer had about a bunch of them lying around collecting dust and they ended up melting them down for their material value (aluminum). The top was a really hard sell as there were no windows available for it so basically it was a top with no means of enclosure.

The APE "trunkable" one is styled after that low profile design but, as you stated, sits on top instead of flush with the sport bar for quicker, easier usage.

Jeff

Danny

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hi all,

I have an 01 RT-10 and I am searching for the perfect "Flat top" to replace the Mopar Helmet on the car currently. I have looked into the top that was featured in the HRE wheel ad and it's the TGF top. Since I have a Gen 2 car, I am almost sure that even if I found a used TGF flat top, it would not work. I am about to call TGF and see if they would be interested in building a few more of these tops for the Gen 2 cars. I am sure they will most likely not be interested, but it's worth a shot. I do like Jeff's APE top, but I am looking for a 1 piece top that's level w/ the sport bar.

Danny