Why does Dodge use 2 exhaust manifold gaskets per side ??

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why does Dodge use 2 exhaust manifold gaskets per side ??

Just wondering what the advantage is to doing it that way instead of one decent gasket.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
?.I only have one gasket per bank.The factory had 1 gasket per bank and when I put on headers i used new gaskets.One on each side of the motor.Threw the used ones away. Bruce

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your header/exhaust manifold gasket is a two piece per side metal gasket as is your head gasket on gen2s early 3, newer 5 piece gasket these are a very good and resiliant to heat gasket,we use to find that after time the (so called good) aftermarket header gaskets would fail(leak).now we install new oem gaskets with headers and have not had one leak yet,note that on some big tube race headers this would not be recomended,so rest assure Dodge was using there coconuts when they designed these

OP
OP
J

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just thought it was a little weird when I unbolted the headers from a 2000 R/T, and 2 gaskets came out on each side. Then I looked in the box of the new ones, and there was 2 for each side again !!

I figured there had to be a good reason for doing this, and I wasn't sure if it had anything to do with the aluminum head mating to a steel header tube, or not.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness