Why Doesn't MGW Make More Engine Dressup Parts?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The MGW billet products do so much to enhance the look of the Viper engine, why aren't there more pieces. Just had my RT in a show late this past summer and easily saw 3 or 4 pieces that would have looked great in billet aluminum:

- Power Steering cap
- Window washer tank cap
- Brake fluid resevoir cap
- Fuel injector hold down brackets

These are just a few.

Would others be interested, as there are many engine compartments that are very dressed up!

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/641440-engine-bay-pictures-post-up.html

Any chance?:dunno:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The liability and R&D costs would be insane. And would probably not make sense to produce any of those items. He does make velcro caps that go over the existing caps. Or, used to at least.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most viper owners have good taste and wouldn't buy those. That's why they don't get made.

Although the trend lately seems to be sliding towards those shiny parts with viper owners.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
George has made so many things for Vipers over the years, but at a certain point they realized that some things were just not selling. MGW has owned more Vipers than almost anyone in the US and they have taken pains to try to come up with the most unique and quality accessory pieces possible for the Snake. At present, the amount of items available is based on sales and requests. Some of the parts that were made over the years were super cool, but the sales could not justify they continue.

You might try contacting him at [email protected] just to see if he has any old pieces that were prototypes or discontinued that he might be willing to sell you.

Good luck.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about this from RSI...

1996-2002 Kit Includes:

Small brake master cylinder cap cover
Large brake master cylinder cap cover
Oil cap cover
Power steering cap cover
Windshield washer fluid cap cover
Clutch master cylinder cap cover
Coolant overflow cap cover

2003-2006 Kit Includes:

Brake master cylinder cap cover
Oil cap cover
Power steering cap cover
Windshield washer fluid cap cover
Clutch master cylinder cap cover
Coolant overflow cap cover

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Herb Helbig is rumored to have prohibited vendors from making products that added any weight.

>
.JUST KIDDING, HERB

ps: The first billet-alum oil cap that I grabbed as a Viper Nationals tech inspector in 1995 nearly seared my fingerprints off. Shop-Towel or gloves mandatory. JonB~~~~:<~

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most viper owners have good taste and wouldn't buy those. That's why they don't get made.

Although the trend lately seems to be sliding towards those shiny parts with viper owners.

For some reason I read this as "shiny pants" ... much funnier that way

1HOTV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The liability and R&D costs would be insane. And would probably not make sense to produce any of those items. He does make velcro caps that go over the existing caps. Or, used to at least.

MGW makes a great product and I have purchased plenty of their items. But the
velcro cap kit is terrible! I am embarrased to say I purchased a kit a few years ago.
Won't even give it away.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, okay I get the point. I wasn't looking to make the engine compartment loaded with shney stuff, just a few more" accent" pieces to replace the ugly plastic caps. Of similar parts were made in the past and failed to sell, then oh well I'll leave it as is. My interest is more towards performance anyway.

Thanks all!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not bling, for me at least, just tastefully dressing up an otherwise dull engine compartment. I did not add any chrome parts for exactly that reason. MGW billet looks very nice, but I honestly would like a few more pieces. I've seen all those "stick-on" chrome pieces (or polished) sold by The Viper Store...not my style.

I did pick up the billet hold-down screws for the airbox sold by Dave's Big Brakes. Thought it was a big improvement over the black plastic.

Plum, I understand your view, but I do think a few stainless/billet pieces do make the engine comparment look better, especially if the car is shown.

Anyway, to each his/her own!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX