Why is everyone stuck on the VETT

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lately that is all i'm hearing.The ZO6 THE ZO6...Its a VETT guys..nothing more then the rest of the 35,000 they make yearly.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You should have seen the orange peel on the yellow one at the SEMA show. Worst I have seen on ANY American car.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And this is RT/10 GTS related in what way..........?

Can we go..........oh let's say 2 days WITHOUT one of these threads?

LOL!!!

gallaugher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point. Why is the Z06 gaining free press from Viper owners?

It seems to be for many that the criteria of discussion is limited to horsepower and quarter miles. If I had an Enzo and a Z06 whizzed by me, I would not care. I take the Enzo. If a Japanese hybrid with air conditioning on full blast and windows all the way down and big flappy mud flaps and five passengers inside screamed by me, who cares? I take the Enzo.

Same thing for the supercharged Viper that beat a Murcielago. I am happy for a fellow Viper owner. Reading about the entire experience is fun. But I am not shy to admit that I would still take a Murcielago over any Viper.

My race-bred Honda ricer with 225,000 miles could take my Viper in one area or two. Most likely on a road course. But I would certainly not choose it over the Viper.

I hope the Z06 is great. I hope it is fast. It is a great American car. But sit it next to a Viper tenths of a second slower and couple hundred pounds heavier -- I take the Viper. No question. I do not care if the Z06 has a McDonald Douglas jet turbine. It is not the car for me and what I look for in a car.

Any car can be made fast. Who cares? Ferrari does not. So why do we?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It seems to be for many that the criteria of discussion is limited to horsepower and quarter miles. If I had an Enzo and a Z06 whizzed by me, I would not care. I take the Enzo. If a Japanese hybrid with air conditioning on full blast and windows all the way down and big flappy mud flaps and five passengers inside screamed by me, who cares? I take the Enzo.

Same thing for the supercharged Viper that beat a Murcielago. I am happy for a fellow Viper owner. Reading about the entire experience is fun. But I am not shy to admit that I would still take a Murcielago over any Viper.

My race-bred Honda ricer with 225,000 miles could take my Viper in one area or two. Most likely on a road course. But I would certainly not choose it over the Viper.

I hope the Z06 is great. I hope it is fast. It is a great American car. But sit it next to a Viper tenths of a second slower and couple hundred pounds heavier -- I take the Viper. No question. I do not care if the Z06 has a McDonald Douglas jet turbine. It is not the car for me and what I look for in a car.

Excellent points.

The people here making the most noise are the ones insecure about themselves and need a car to boost their egos. They need to get over it. Hopefully the Viper will be back on top numbers-wise, but if not, no big deal. You can appreciate the z06 without thinking the Viper is dead. And if DC just don't care, then soon enough we will be spending our money on something else that floats our boat.

I've been calling for months now: "Can we get back to the FUN of owning Vipers?" Who cares about what the other guy drives?

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lately that is all i'm hearing.The ZO6 THE ZO6...Its a VETT guys..nothing more then the rest of the 35,000 they make yearly.

yeah, but thats 35,000 cars that are faster than a new viper, for 20k less $$$. actually the actual Z06 production is like a 6,000 a year. and so yeah it is a big deal to me because the only competition that the viper faces in the U.S comes from this and the ford GT.

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give me a break please.Where do you get you $$$ information from.The ZO6 is as much as the new Viper. WARFANG thats my point.All i'm seeing is the ZO6 crap all over this forum.I really don't care about the car at all but every freakin post is about the ZO6!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So then why start another thread?

If the Viper had a 6hp pull start Briggs and Stratton, I'd STILL have one, and yes, I have a new Z-06 on order..... to drive in the rain, but DEFINATELY NOT for the looks!

uh.........ther are a ton of cars that will tear a stock Viper a new one. This just happens to be one that most people can afford, and they will make anywhere from 3 to 7 THOUSAND of them a year.

It STILL looks like a C6 Corvette coupe and they make
25 to 35 THOUSAND of a year.

Hmmmmmmmm........let's see now....... what other car looks like a VIPER.......and how many Vipers do they make a year?

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give me a break please.Where do you get you $$$ information from.The ZO6 is as much as the new Viper. WARFANG thats my point.All i'm seeing is the ZO6 crap all over this forum.I really don't care about the car at all but every freakin post is about the ZO6!
Everybody on the forum is either pissed or doesn't car about the ZO6 because the magazines/corvette people are making a big deal about it right now. I glad I was able to shut my corvette friend up last night when I told him the 600hp Vipers are almost here. Let the Vette people enjoy their little parade now. The Viper parade is on its way here sooner than all these a-holes know it!

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could care less about the new Z06. And I hope I run into an arrogant new owner soon on the road.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think ON THE STREETS the vette WILL be slower, those rigged tests show nothing whatso ever the street is the test and watch the snake walk it on the streets.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Excellent points.

The people here making the most noise are the ones insecure about themselves and need a car to boost their egos. They need to get over it. Hopefully the Viper will be back on top numbers-wise, but if not, no big deal. You can appreciate the z06 without thinking the Viper is dead. And if DC just don't care, then soon enough we will be spending our money on something else that floats our boat.

I've been calling for months now: "Can we get back to the FUN of owning Vipers?" Who cares about what the other guy drives?
THANK YOU,Warfang!! and I say that in true sincerity! :2tu: Look,people,the reality here is that most of us will rarely if ever drive EITHER the Viper or the new Z06 to its full potential.So why,why, why all the fuss over some kind of "bragging rights".This whole thing has long ago made the transition from interesting debate to terminal immaturity-it is no longer amusing or entertaining.As one who owns and enjoys both cars,I am tired of the gloating, name-calling,and recriminations on this and other boards.The Viper is an icon,a truly great car,and the arrival of the new Vette does not change that one iota.All this "Oh my God ,the sky is falling,the apocalypse is at hand!" talk only shows that some of us are acting more like spoiled,immature,whining brats than the adults we are supposed to be.This is exactly the kind of thing that has been going on over on the Vette side until quite recently-I invite all of you to remember what you thought when THEY were doing this.The Viper Nation is better than that,are we not?I too hope DC steps up to the challenge,but somehow I doubt that hysterical whining,crying,and complaing about the Germans is going to get that done any better or any faster.

Rant over...flame suit on.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Come on guys, give the Z06 guys some credit. It's the first time since the Vipers conception that the Vette will even come close to a Snake. Those chevy guys haven't been able to get a ******* for almost 14 years. Now they have something to be excited about!
LMAO!!

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I glad I was able to shut my corvette friend up last night when I told him the 600hp Vipers are almost here. Let the Vette people enjoy their little parade now. The Viper parade is on its way here sooner than all these a-holes know it!

Any press released data or just the "hear say" from the other thread? I ask this because a Dodge dealer who sells a large number of Viper state the new Viper will have 700hp, Hemi Heads and will cost LESS than $80,000.

My point is while I want to believe, I'll believe when I see it?

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think ON THE STREETS the vette WILL be slower, those rigged tests show nothing whatso ever the street is the test and watch the snake walk it on the streets.

So the 6 out of 7 tests where the Z06 beat the Viper in 0-60, 1/4, and top speed of the Vette vs Viper vs GT were all rigged??

I mean after all it is IMPOSSIBLE for ANY car to beat a Viper, if it does it MUST be rigged. :2tu:

Come on man, do you really believe that???

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody I know that has one or even just driven one has been telling me it is THE BEST car they have ever driven in there life. Some were even Viper or Ex Viper owners and tell me it blows their Viper away. Please do not shoot the messenger, I am just repeating what I have heard. I have not driven one yet so I cannot say either way. You also have to remember that not everybody cares about low production numbers, especially if you are going to track the car. I realize that this is not the correct section to be talking about the new Z06 (I did not start this thread) but I think people have to give the chevy/vette bashing a rest and say it as it is. I don't care if they make 100,000 a year, it is an awesome car and as far as looks go, the same people that will be mistaking it for the standard vette will be mistaking the SRT for it or a S2k even. JMHO.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So the 6 out of 7 tests where the Z06 beat the Viper in 0-60, 1/4, and top speed of the Vette vs Viper vs GT were all rigged??

I mean after all it is IMPOSSIBLE for ANY car to beat a Viper, if it does it MUST be rigged. :2tu:

Come on man, do you really believe that???

yes RIGGED when the 0 - 60 and 1/4 mile times are SOO far apart front test to test YES rigged is a good word to use, im not saying rigged by the mags (NOT AT ALL) but by GM how hard is it to do a few small thing to the car before its sent for the tests??????

Like I said in another thread 4.3 is the worst 0 - 60 for the vette they have so far the best is 3.4 slight diffrence there???? like the diffrence beteween an evo and an saleen S7.

BTW its 4 out of 7 mags actually that have the vette ahead (and I explained why RIGGED) not 6, I know of 2 that have the snake winning and 1 that had them tied (in 0 - 60 and 1/4 anyway)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys, give the Z06 guys some credit. It's the first time since the Vipers conception that the Vette will even come close to a Snake. Those chevy guys haven't been able to get a ******* for almost 14 years. Now they have something to be excited about!
LMAO!!

GM deserves all the credit in the world. How could they NOT do well on the z06? They got Lutz now.

I just don't care to hear about how great the z06 is HERE. It's a great car, yeah yeah yeah. So are a handful of other cars out there. Anyone that denies that it's a great car isn't being objective. It's just not a great car for *me*. I come here to be among others who share that same opinion. I want to talk about the Viper and the fun that goes with it.

I occasionally hang out with a local group that's into classic ferarris and astons. Heck, there are Scions now that can run rings around their classics, but it doesn't seem to bother them. Be confident with your choice in the Viper, appreciate the z06 for the great car that it is, and hope DC raises the stakes in the future.

Until then, ENJOY YOUR VIPER! ...and quit your bitchin! :D

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you're in denial..... :)

125+ MPH traps..... a full 2 seconds quicker to 150MPH..... video of a run here:

http://www.dragtimes.com/2006-Chevrolet-Corvette-Videos-7055.html

similar power, less weight, what about all of the dyno sheets posted? are those cars rigged as well??? maybe they are all rigged.... then what?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

125+ MPH traps..... a full 2 seconds quicker to 150MPH..... video of a run here:

http://www.dragtimes.com/2006-Chevrolet-Corvette-Videos-7055.html

similar power, less weight, what about all of the dyno sheets posted? are those cars rigged as well??? maybe they are all rigged.... then what?

as far as dyno's the OWNERS dyno sheets show exactly what a 505hp car should have. I still believe the cars the mags recived to test were RIGGED.

Im NOT in denial, if I saw a race beteween equal drivers and the vette won I'd say "**** the vette won hopefully D.C will step it up" end of story but honestly until I see THAT race I do believe its all B.S. and if its not how do you explain the HUGE diffrence in 0 - 60 and 1/4 times??? 4.3 - 3.4 ?????? almost 1 second?????????? jesus

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

125+ MPH traps..... a full 2 seconds quicker to 150MPH.....

[/QUOTE]

7061whoop.JPG

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh.......ever heard of Road and Track????????????

Those bozos would get a 4 second 0-60 out of a Sidwinder missle

[quot]how do you explain the HUGE diffrence in 0 - 60 and 1/4 times??? 4.3 - 3.4 ?????? almost 1 second?????????? jesus

[/QUOTE]

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well one things for sure, I suddenly see a bunch of Vipers for sale. It's okay for some of you to admit that you really bought the Viper cause it was top dog. Now it's not even close. I think the fact that the last couple of years has produced cars that clearly whip the Vipers a@#, some of you insecure boys finally lost it when a vette put the Viper away. God forbid the thought that a Mustang Cobra next year may also put the Viper under it's belt.

I predict prices taking a serious nose down from all you sellers, of course I don't want to offend anyone. I know, I know your really selling them for some other lame excuse thats not related to the Vette or any of the other cars.

Ok, Ok!!!!! I just felt like being a smarta@#. Honestly though, I'd hate to see prices drop, but I would love to buy another ACR. Heck if I had the money I would buy the Ford GT, ZO6 and any other bad to the bones American car, I love'm all. I just love the Gen II the most, it's what started the whole speed revolution again!!!!!

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, the Gen II values have gone up in the past year. Most people (except internet battle warriors) don't care about a second or two. No new cars have the viseral appearance of the Gen II GTS (maybe the Ford GT), and that is the main reason for the car holding its value and becoming a serious collectable.

Rich01RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Be confident with your choice in the Viper, appreciate the z06 for the great car that it is, and hope DC raises the stakes in the future."

Well said Warfang. I recorded the Corvette Z06 bit on Speed Channel. My wife asked why - I told her "because I'm an enthusiast"it's good to see what's out there, what's changelling us. I love the Viper and always will, but I will not close my mind to automotive evolution. And that's what it is gang - automotive evolution. If you are on top, there will always be someone who is trying to beat you. Long live the REVolution. My game plan to keep up the competition is a Sean Roe SC, or if I win the lottery, a Doug Levin masterpiece...

Peace,

Rich

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well one things for sure, I suddenly see a bunch of Vipers for sale. It's okay for some of you to admit that you really bought the Viper cause it was top dog. Now it's not even close. I think the fact that the last couple of years has produced cars that clearly whip the Vipers <a href="mailto:a@#"&gt;a@#&lt;/a&gt;, some of you insecure boys finally lost it when a vette put the Viper away. God forbid the thought that a Mustang Cobra next year may also put the Viper under it's belt.

I predict prices taking a serious nose down from all you sellers, of course I don't want to offend anyone. I know, I know your really selling them for some other lame excuse thats not related to the Vette or any of the other cars.

Ok, Ok!!!!! I just felt like being a &lt;a href="mailto:smarta@#.">a@#"&gt;a@#&lt;/a&gt;, some of you insecure boys finally lost it when a vette put the Viper away. God forbid the thought that a Mustang Cobra next year may also put the Viper under it's belt.

Ok, Ok!!!!! I just felt like being a &lt;a href="mailto:smarta@#.</a> Honestly though, I'd hate to see prices drop, but I would love to buy another ACR. Heck if I had the money I would buy the Ford GT, ZO6 and any other bad to the bones American car, I love'm all. I just love the Gen II the most, it's what started the whole speed revolution again!!!!!
It's 10pm... time to take your lithium. :rolleyes:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the real question is:

When or if DC announces the next Viper with a gazillion HP's and impressive #'s all around... will all the trolls then come around and worship the new Viper like they do the new z06? Or will they just resort to the tired, "Blue Devil blah blah blah... my mods can blah blah blah."

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason the performance numbers in magazines are different than performance numbers from Chevy is that mag. such as Road and Track DO NOT run the car and do the test with results that duplicate a better than average driver and do not abuse the car. Chevy's performance test consist of full throttle powershift runs at optimal conditions. Thats the difference!

Now everyone relax and stay calm. It's only a vette. We shouldn't be on Orange Alert yet.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the enzo story, Way back in 87 I was driving my Ferrari around &amp; got in a tussle with an Iroc Z , We had a good time &amp; I couldnt lose him, When they met me at the gas station &amp; trashed me for wooping up on my 20 year old ferrari, I asked what car they would rather have;-)

Thums Up

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's really quite simple. The Z06 starts out with a 3.45 rear-end gear. The Viper os geared lower to start out with a 3.07., Thi is huge when your talking weight diference. if the SRT had a 3.54 gear, I'm sure this hole discussion would be a mute issue.

$500 and your back on top.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang