WHY NOT A TARGA TOP FOR GTS????

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ITS NEVER MADE SINCE TO ME THAT THEY WOULDNT MAKE A GTS WITH A TOP LIKE THE RT'S HAVE? I WOULD SELL MY RT AND IMEDIATELY BY A GTS. I THINK THEY WOULD LOOK AWESOME! I GOT HAVE A CONVERTIBLE SPORTS CAR.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
hmmm that sound suspiously like a ............ Supra!!!! Arrrrgggghhh ........... I'm off now to go do Liquid Plumber Shooters......

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear deck/hatch area and the lip spoiler!

I would also like to see one of these.. GTS looks meaner, but ain't nothing like having a convertible on sunny days.

F1 cars don't have roofs and they go alright
wink.gif

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Actually, the ULTIMATE coupe option would have been the sunroof option! ... and it was done! .... by DODGE! .... on the official Pace Cars used at Indy (when you visit Conner Ave, there's one in the visitors center).

It looked great, gave you the sun and some additional fresh air, and still kept enough roof to keep the rigidity of a coupe!

OP
OP
S

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RoyV101621:
Targa. What would you do with all the air rushing in though the open roof an pushing on the hatch? That would make the MGW eject button useful for more that a chuckle. Just leave the hatch on the street. How about driving around with the hatch open. How about driving around with a mattress half hanging over the tail end? Targa flamin good.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>ROY. IT WORKS FOR THE VETTE DOESNT IT!!

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yuck..

If you want open road, then stick w/ a roadster. Coupes are a different animal and should be treated as such.

if you go buy a GTS and hack it's roof up, let us know how it goes eh?

MadMaxx

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and a targa top would loose the double bubble. Isn't the coupe window frame thinner because of the roof supports? This would also weaken it. The vette has them.. true, but it was also designed with this in mind and has a stiffer chassis and winshield support to compensate.

MadMaxx

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DgeViper1:
What???????

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm wit him.

OP
OP
S

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MadMaxx:
Oh, and a targa top would loose the double bubble. Isn't the coupe window frame thinner because of the roof supports? This would also weaken it. The vette has them.. true, but it was also designed with this in mind and has a stiffer chassis and winshield support to compensate.

MadMaxx

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>OKAY! OKAY! NO TARGA TOP FOR THE GTS! I DONT NEED ANOTHER WIFE PLEASE!!!!! BY THE WAY IM SURE THEY WOULD ADDRESS THE THIN WINDOW THING.

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Targa. What would you do with all the air rushing in though the open roof an pushing on the hatch? That would make the MGW eject button useful for more that a chuckle. Just leave the hatch on the street. How about driving around with the hatch open. How about driving around with a mattress half hanging over the tail end? Targa flamin good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viperkim