K&N Air Filter - NO
3.55's - DONT THINK SO (?)
Random Tech High Flow Cats - NO
Corsa Track Exaust - NO

Just bought the car don't want the warrenty to be void lol

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installing aftermarket parts will likely void the warranty as it relates to that part.

If you put 3.55s on the car, and later have trouble with your dif, you may have troubles.

Likewise, don't even think about making a warranty complaint relating to emissions if you change cats and exhaust.

Ray R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you call and ask your local dealer that would likely be doing the warranty work as was suggested in the other thread you posted?

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you call and ask your local dealer that would likely be doing the warranty work as was suggested in the other thread you posted?

My local dealer is not very helpful he goes your going to have to bring the car down and we will check out the problem even though there is no problem since I haven't installed anything. :confused: So I said forget it and I'll ask on here instead

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Legally, the burden of proof is on the dealer/manufacture to prove your upgrade caused the issue. In the real world, it’s the opposite. For example, the warranty rep at the dealer can easily say the 3.55 gears you installed resulted in increased torque and caused your crank to spin a bearing. All of a sudden you’re responsible for an engine failure because of a gear-swap.

A person can always find a way to blame a benign upgrade on issues elsewhere. It’s quite easy to do.

If your engine grenades for no reason a dealer can easily say that the increased airflow from your K&N caused a lean condition and resulted in the engine’s destruction.

Basically, perform upgrades at your own peril – no matter what it is. “Everything” voids the warranty.

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on the relationship you have with your Viper tech. Mine is the BEST!!! :headbang:

Who do you go to? IM in Leesburg VA. Will be good to know if I ever need to take the car in.
Thanks.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on the relationship you have with your Viper tech. Mine is the BEST!!! :headbang:

Who do you go to? IM in Leesburg VA. Will be good to know if I ever need to take the car in.
Thanks.
Jeff Sherwin at Jerry's Dodge in Springfield, VA (703-866-1750), who Heffner introduced to me. Jason once told me that Jeff could open his own turner shop if he felt so inclined and from what I've seen, Jason is right. Jeff is an extremely capable and honest Viper tech, who sees lots of Vipers, understands us owners and would never just look for a reason to tell you your warranty was voided--he's a stand up guy. I've had lots of exchanges with Jeff and consider him one of two men (Jason being the other) that I would loan my Viper to over the weekend if he needed it for any reason.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K&N Air Filter NO WILL NOT VOID
3.55's YES WILL VOID
Random Tech High Flow Cats NO WILL NOT VOID
Corsa Track Exaust YES WILL VOID

you got 2 outta 4.

Since I know you already orderd the corsa lol screw it, besides if you ever have an issue you can always bring it back to stock just keep the stock parts.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K&N Air Filter NO WILL NOT VOID
3.55's YES WILL VOID
Random Tech High Flow Cats NO WILL NOT VOID
Corsa Track Exaust YES WILL VOID

you got 2 outta 4.

Since I know you already orderd the corsa lol screw it, besides if you ever have an issue you can always bring it back to stock just keep the stock parts.

3 out of 4 now...just missing the 3.55s....waiting for everything to arrive! Probably be a long time until the wallet will hold enough $ to get the 3.55's though lol.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Corsa catback is not going to void anything. Catback exhausts are available through MoPar, and regardless of make, this is just a custom exhaust unit, behind the converter.

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[/QUOTE] Jeff Sherwin at Jerry's Dodge in Springfield, VA (703-866-1750

[/QUOTE]

Vipera, thanks much!! I was looking as well.... hey is anyone keeping a list of the local owners in our area?

Ken Lally