Will I have any issues during a track day??

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be heading up to Big Willow on the 29th with Speedventures. I remember a post (can't find it) about an issue with the oil pan and possibly blowing your motor? Should i not track my SRT for the day?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was with John Dearing driving the car and putting lots'o G'force on it. I would get it done and then track your car, but I have also seen a ton of stock SRT-10's run at the track with no issues.

-M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way Frank,

Why not shoot up on the 19th too for Open Track Racing? Same sort of event as Speed Ventures, but it's next week, less crowded, better lunch, etc. I'll be there and am heading back on the 23rd for Viper Day time trials. I won't be there on the 29th.

-Manny

OP
OP
F

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny,

I'm in the mortgage business here in San Diego so weekdays are very tough for me. Otherwise i'd be all over it!!

Maybe we can meet up one day so i can check out your DLM ride. I'm thinking about a Paxton for my SRT. I know theres one other SD guy that has his SRT with a paxton (is it hawker or something close to that name?)

Frank

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the comp coupe oil pan. Oil starvation at 5000 rpm is a bad thing.

Then write a nasty e-mail and send it to the SVT folks at Dodge, scolding them for building a car that doesn't have an effective oiling system.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Franko.
I'm the guy with the Paxton. If you want to take a ride give me a call or PM.
Will be in Detroit till Monday.
858 451-8791.
I'm in Rancho Bernardo.

OP
OP
F

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoa, thanks for the thread Vipera.

Paul, i'll definetly give you a call. I was just in 4sRanch/Santaluz area yesterday.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't rant like in the thread, but do get the pan if there are a lot of left turns.

Or get a new Z06, but then that will have to wait a little longer . . . .

OP
OP
F

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think i'll be ok running big willow Clockwise. 90% right turns. I'll let you know if i blow her up though :eek:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't track my SRT for the following reasons -

1. Decent rollover protection
2. Decent engine oiling under g load

I would suggest you do the above.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All it takes is one sustained corner to oil starve a motor without correct lubrication.You will regret it big time unless you have more money than brains and it doesn't matter.If money matters then spend a little now and get the fix.Also use the torque,not the rpms.No reason to run it any more than a little over 4000 rpm.Sure run it up for a fast lap once in a while but I wouldn't do it all day long. GTS Bruce

JohnNad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Franko, Superbar and Paul, Are you guys going to Viper days next weekend. Are you planning on driving up together. Anyone else. I will start a thread in events, I'm in OC and want to see who else is driving up.

OP
OP
F

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be driving up Friday night with my buddy with a yellow Gallardo. If you want to hook up let me know.

Frank

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been at 2 track days in which recently purchased SRT-10's have lost their engines. It does not matter if there are left or right turns as GTS Bruce points out any sustained high G corner/turn will cause oil starvation and drastically improve the odds at blowing the engine. Turns 3-5 and 8-9 are notorious for creating oil starvation situations in Viper engines. It is cheap insurance to purchase the pan and will not void any factory warranty. Contact John Horton at West Coast Vipers and he can help you out. He will also be at Viper Days.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any thoughts regarding use of a pressurized oiler to cover momentary pressure loss? That would be easier than the pan and pick-up and reduce start-up wear as well.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any thoughts regarding use of a pressurized oiler to cover momentary pressure loss? That would be easier than the pan and pick-up and reduce start-up wear as well.

I'm sure an Accusump could not hurt.