will srt10 seats fit in a 2001 rt10

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen them in a 96 GTS. I see no reason why they will not work in an RT/10. You will have to modify the mounting brackets. They are not a direct bolt on.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UK guy Peter has them in his 97 GTS and I sat in his car a couple of weeks ago, they lift you up towards the roof so if your tall it may not be for you. Peter said changing gear can be awkward, you can catch your elbow on the side bolster on the seat. They do look good though, if not a bit big

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will fit in the GEN II with modifications. I installed them in my GTS and posted this a few months ago. One thing you may want to consider is that they are taller then the GEN II seats so they may be taller then the sport bar on the RT/10. If you need the measurement from the floor to the top on the GEN III seat I can get it later.

Here's my previous post.

When the Gen III came out, there were three things I really liked about them. The engine, brakes and seats. After reading a post by Shelby3 regarding installing SRT-10 seats in a GTS, I decided to do the same. There's no way I would have paid 4K(or what ever the dealers charged)for a set of Gen III seats. I found a pair of brand new Gen III seats for less then half the cost. With about 45 bucks in materials and some help from Shelby3, I modified the new seat rails and fabricated mounting brackets to work with my GTS.

I can tell you that the Gen III seats are far superior to the Gen II seats in comfort and construction. The construction is much more substantial, the side bolsters and the ultrasuede keep you glued in. As you can see from the pics, the seating portion is approximately 2" longer so there's more support under the thighs. A previous comparo of the two seats stated that if Gen III seats are a 10, then Gen II seats would be a 3.

The only downside I see is that its probably not the right thing for a really large person. For those who require a seat lowering kit, this is probably not for you. Because of the size and construction of the new seats, you'll probably sit slightly higher and slightly forward of the original seats. For a driver 6'2" or less and medium build or thinner, this is a great mod for a Gen II.

2827viperseat001-med.jpg

2827viperseat002-med.JPG

2827viperseat010a-med.jpg

2827viperseat011a-med.jpg

2827viperseat013-med.JPG

2827viperseat014-med.JPG

2827viperseat015-med.JPG

2827driversinterior-med.jpg

2827passengerinterior-med.jpg

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are some nice photos of the DIY! Damn near hurt my eyes they're so sharp.

Thanks!

Thanks City! :cool:

One more thing on the seats. Use your stock seatbelts, the one that's mounted on the GEN III seats will not work with the GEN II seatbelts.