Will this NOS kit fit in my viper?

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like a lot of the stuff you would need is there but there's a lot missing too. You can pick up a new NX kit with exactly what you need for that price. Talk to Albert. Here's a clip from one of his posts. I don't know if the price is still correct. Call him.

I sell the basic system for 650.00. It is a factory sealed NX system. Retail is now over 780.00.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ueligger:
It looks like a lot of the stuff you would need is there but there's a lot missing too. You can pick up a new NX kit with exactly what you need for that price. Talk to Albert. Here's a clip from one of his posts. I don't know if the price is still correct. Call him.

I sell the basic system for 650.00. It is a factory sealed NX system. Retail is now over 780.00. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm wit him!

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would need a fuel enrichment module, WOT position switch, nitrous nozzles (2), bottle holder brackets (don't see any), re-calibrate the RPM switch to work on a Viper and some short nitrous lines for the plumbing to the throttle bodies. If your going to use a wet kit you will also need a fuel solenoid (don't see one in the pics). You will need to make a complete new wiring harness from scratch. You also want to check the type of fuel safety switch and fuel pressure gauge if you plan on using them. Are they high pressure type ~50psi or low pressure ~10psi? All of the solenoids should be rebuilt prior to use including the bottle opener (it's not hard to do) The kit looks to have two nitrous solenoids, which should be OK to use one for each of the two throttle bodies. However they will need to be reconfigured to be in parallel to the nitrous line, right now they are in series. The nitrous solenoids are small so one by itself will not be enough to flow a big shot, limit maybe 125HP per solenoid. To get a NOS kit for a Viper with all of the add on's that's included in this auction would run you around $1,500 or so.

A good idea would be to wait a couple of months when these DIY supercharger kits come out. There will be quite a few people trading in nitrous kits for a supercharger so look in the classifieds.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't buy Nitrous unless you discuss it with a tuner,there's always more to a simple concept.Don't buy used,solinoids have a life,no way to gauge when your used ones will be over and stick open/closed.TOOFAST NOS looks good and gos fast,parts and speed guaranteed.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
USAF, I have a nos 5180 system I bought from Dion Fisher (a fellow board member) that I am going to sell. I paid 550 or 600 for it and will let it go for what I have in it. I am an nos dealer and it was good enough of a deal for me to buy it....and I am not scared of a good used solenoid if I know the history...they rarely go bad. I guess everybody that has 2-3 year old kits should replace their solenoids for fear of
sticking...NOT. I have not installed it and Dion purchased it new. I have decided to build a direct port system. If you have to have a new nos 5180, I'm sure I can beat anyone elses price. Just send me pm. Tony

Reaction score
Buying new is always better, we clean up and change solenoids very often. So many people have bought other systems, and tried to piece together systems that don't work or have horse power problems. N20 is really enexpensive to start, I wouldn't try to cut any corners.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery