Window Regulator -GEN 3/4 Archilles Heel

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
If it is in fact still the old regulator - be very, very, very careful installing. It's great that the price is less - but you will be throwing away your money if it is installed incorrectly. It is very easy to stress / crack the long plastic tube during the installation process which is why some break with few miles, some break down the road, and some may never break.

Reaction score
I just placed an order for a set of these. The price may change tomorrow or with my luck, when I do need them, they won't be available. At this price I'm not taking any chances. Everyone says it's just a matter of time. My VCA discount did not apply. Not sure why. Maybe VPA can correct my total amount.
We priced these as low as we can so there are no other discounts on them - gotta keep the lights on! That's why we ordered some to stock as well, as we don't know if they will change the price and want to get what we can to offer at that discounted rate. We should be shipping them brand new in the box early next week.

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to take someone else's advise and wrap the tube with duct tape and epoxy the ends. unless someone comes up with a better solution by the time I need them!

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I though I saw years ago where people were able to repair their broken ones. My pass. side took a dump right as I parked the car for the winter. So come spring I'll be ripping my car apart. My driver side one has been screwy since i bought the car in 08. Looks like I'll be using that Christmas money on a passenger side since the price is down right now.

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While the Mopar system shows these part numbers for 2003-2013, there are two newer part versions (same numbers) listed for the actual 2013 model year but neither with stock or any in process. We recommend purchasing from your servicing Dodge/SRT dealer such as Woodhouse or Tomball, especially when they are doing the work on your car. If you don't have such a dealer handy, we ship worldwide:

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...-viper-srt10-left-window-regulator-04865611af

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...viper-srt10-right-window-regulator-04865610af

Took your advice and already ordered from my SRT dealer at a really great price. Should be here in a the next few days. I'll keep everyone updated to how it is once it's installed and take pictures of both old and new so everyone can look at the pictures and see if there are any differences.

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks VPA! At $295.00 each I just ordered a left and right hand side for my 2006 and I am going to just store them for now. If (I should say when I guess) I have to replace the existing ones I am going to follow these procedures posted by RolandDV:

1) I wrapped the plastic tubing in ductape so when it cracks it stays together.
2) the end of the plastic tubing that goes in the motor I glued completly with a strong POLYMAX kit so that the plastic tubing can't get out of the motor housing.

Not having any problems with either right now, but my drivers side broke about 4 years ago and had the dealer replace it while the car was still under warranty. That one is still working fine but I would have hated to have to pay for that bill......

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An interesting update: Mopar is now showing the newest Viper window regulators for 2003 - 2013 model years with a substantial price reduction. For example, the previous list price for one side was $1215.00 - now list priced at just $365.00 (we have either side for below $300). While that doesn't necessarily correct the previous issues, it makes the fix a bit more palatable.

We will check to be sure, but often such a price difference indicates a different supplier. We ordered some of these to stock at that lowered price just in case the new price is temporary...

That is great news and a step in the right direction! Kudos to Mopar, SRT or Dodge (whoever gave to ok to make this happen). :2tu:

Cheers,
George

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx VPA for stepping up to the Plate and taking the High Road ! . I hope the New Model is improved . :2tu: :)

V

Venomiss

Took your advice and already ordered from my SRT dealer at a really great price. Should be here in a the next few days. I'll keep everyone updated to how it is once it's installed and take pictures of both old and new so everyone can look at the pictures and see if there are any differences.

You just saved enough for VCA membership and then some :)
We hope you will consider joining the VCA for 2013.

For brand new members
https://www.viperclub.org/join/

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is great news and a step in the right direction! Kudos to Mopar, SRT or Dodge (whoever gave to ok to make this happen). :2tu:

Cheers,
George
I agree this is good news but until we find out in a few days whether this is the same old garbage that they are just trying to unload or if in fact this is a newer quality piece. Lets hope this is a new, improved piece but this is still something that should have been handled by SRT long ago. Even at this discounted price it is still too much money when this stuff should have been replaced under a recall program. They still have not really stepped up so don't be that appreciative.

Dutchman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just read this thread a few days ago. Next day picked up my 2008 ACR at the dealers as for the third time I had an oxygen sensor go out. Got into my car closed the door and heard a large clunk as window regulator had broken. Great car but we shouldn't have to be replacing these crappy parts

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read this thread a few days ago. Next day picked up my 2008 ACR at the dealers as for the third time I had an oxygen sensor go out. Got into my car closed the door and heard a large clunk as window regulator had broken. Great car but we shouldn't have to be replacing these crappy parts

Welcome aboard to the crap we have been dealing with for years. Reducing the price in my mind isn't the high road as this type of defect should never have happened on cars from 03-10. This has been a long term problem and by reducing the price which is still too high considering the PITA that this is to install. These guys have known about this for years so reducing the price for a ridiculously priced product changes things....not really the problem is still there and will continue to be until there is a real fix or recall.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I think that I read someplace that the window regulators on the 2010 cars were upgraded. Is this true? If so, maybe these new lower priced regulators are the upgraded design. Can someone much smarter that me find this out--maybe Viper Parts of America or the Grailkeeper?? I do feel better that SRT is at least lowering the price, if not outright fixing the problem. Many thanks to VCA and Viper Parts of America as I'm sure that you guys had a hand in this development. God this is a great club!!!---Dave

Reaction score
So can anyone confirm that this is a new/improved model?
We received the left regulators in and the rights are on the way. These are the "AF" builds (when the part is first produced it is AA and then moves on with each new version - AB, AC, etc.). More importantly, they show a build date of 12/07/2012 - the date when they were boxed up by the original manufacturer for Mopar. They don't get much newer than that!

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'd still like to know if the regulators were in fact upgraded on the 2010. That would then mean that these new regulators probably reflect this upgrade which I would assume means they are more reliable.---Dave

Reaction score
They are definitely the very latest release, so if the rumors of a new-and-improved version existed for the 2010 model year then it was either this one or an even earlier version. There is no newer version than this offered by Mopar.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would Chrysler go the extra mile for the last year of Viper? Sounds like urban myth. If Chrysler upgraded the regulator POS, this would be admission of guilt-ain't gonna happen in corporate world.
I'd still like to know if the regulators were in fact upgraded on the 2010. That would then mean that these new regulators probably reflect this upgrade which I would assume means they are more reliable.---Dave

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the number did not change, it is still the same part. On the bright side, the tubing gets brittle with time, fresher part should last a bit longer. Seems like Chrysler is dumping their spares on the market, not uncommon with new model coming out.
They are definitely the very latest release, so if the rumors of a new-and-improved version existed for the 2010 model year then it was either this one or an even earlier version. There is no newer version than this offered by Mopar.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bottom line - SRT still HAS NOT addressed this issue. I was really hoping that they would have the stones to at least ADMIT that there is a design flaw regarding this. I'm overjoyed that they are continuing the Viper. I just wish that they would pay attention to those of us that have shown their loyalty. This BS about lowering the price really doesn't do much for me. Hello SRT!!! Anybody home!!??

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Instead of those stupid SRT flags, Chrysler should offer free replacement of regulators to current viper owners, this would be considerably more enticing than leaving the current owners out in the cold.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Instead of those stupid SRT flags, Chrysler should offer free replacement of regulators to current viper owners, this would be considerably more enticing than leaving the current owners out in the cold.

Wouldn't that be nice, Peter. I would just appreciate ANY recognition regarding this from SRT. They just turn a blind eye to this.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be nice, Peter. I would just appreciate ANY recognition regarding this from SRT. They just turn a blind eye to this.
With Chrysler, you are only as good as your ability to buy a new Viper. Pretty hypocritical to see manufaturers demanding owner loyalty while not setting the example themselves.

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My new driver side regulator just arrived at my SRT dealer today! Hopefully they can fit me in real quick to change it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang