Windows

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good day!

Found some side windows for sale that look like a nice upgrade from the stock side curtains i have now, but trying to find out a little more info about them.

Heres a pic..

9653windows.jpg

Anyone know who makes these and have any experience with them?

Any input would be appreciated!

Jay

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In my opinion, the best aftermarket windows for the Gen I are the Northwind sliding windows. I used them for 6 years on my old Viper, and they even add a slightly higher level of security - you can actually lock your Gen 1 Viper with them, and they cost the same as the other lesser windows. They're also a site sponsor: http://northwind.viperclub.org/

OP
OP
S

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info but I've now bought a set same as the ones above on e-bay for $100, brand new, but they don't have the mounting hardware, that's why I am trying to find out who makes them.

Anyone seen these windows before?

OP
OP
S

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can You Identify These Windows?

150 Views and no one know where these windows come from?

Guess they weren't too popular...

Jay

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Can You Identify These Windows?

Yeah, sorry - they look somewhat similar to the Vipermania lexan sheets, except your photo makes it look like the top edge isn't straight, and, as mentioned, the Vipermania windows have a little lockable triangular cutout that flips shut to allow access to the door handle from outside. I seem to vaguely recall some windows that resembled those, also costing $1000/set back in the late 90's, but can't recall any details about who made them.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Vmania windows are tinted and those do not appear to be tinted. So I do not think they are Vmania. My guess is that they are home made and that is why you are not getting any responses.

OP
OP
S

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Looks like the seller found the mounting hardware! Would have been nice to track down the manufacturer (they are close to the Snake Oyl's but are different), but not as big of a deal now that the hardware is coming with. Another good deal on e-bay...$102.50+25 shipping to Canada. These will increase my driving season considerably (won't be seen in public with those stock curtains on...)!

Jay