Wink, Wink, Nod, Nod......

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul, refund your massive zone director salary! Seize his Viper and give him a Vette! Strip his title for having a sense of humor! You got me for a minute. I was ready to order one. Well done!
At the Phoenix zone event 10 days ago the srt engineers were winking and nodding anytime the question of more power came up.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if you feel that you were under their spell, shouldnt that upset you now? Where is your outrage of their (DC/SRT) BS? I guess it's too much to expect the leadership to act like leaders. No one wants to be accountable to any of the BS. Do you still take exception to the statement after your fellow zone director pulls a stupid prank here?

It's a good thing I haven't sent in my club application and money.

Geez, where to start? Okay, in order:

Q: So if you feel that you were under their spell, shouldnt that upset you now?

A: What upsets me is that what tiny tidbit we were thrown turned out to be absolutely nothing. And what, exactly, should I do about it?

Q: Where is your outrage of their (DC/SRT) BS?

A: This would be a question of productivity. Should I spend my time typing away on the Net? Sending hundreds of nasty e-mails or letters? Picketing in front of DC headquarters in Germany or the SRT headquarters wherever they are these days? Perhaps I should go the route of my buddy Clark: I want to look them straight in the eye and I want to tell them what cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, ******, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sacks of monkey sh*t they are. Hallelujah. Holy sh*t. Where's the Tylenol?

Would that be sufficient outrage for your bloodlust?

S: I guess it's too much to expect the leadership to act like leaders. No one wants to be accountable to any of the BS.

A: What an admirable transference of BS indeed! So let me get this straight: You think the "leaders" of the VCA (those unpaid volunteers in a nonprofit group) are accountable? FOR WHAT?? Perhaps you haven't looked at the employee roster at SRT, but we aren't on it. Our say in the matter counts about as much as yours. What would you have the "leaders" do, O' Person Who Doesn't Even BELONG to the Friggin' Club? We don't have a key to the executive washroom. We have ZERO say in the design, execution, budget, or a single solitary thing in the Viper program: NOTHING. I would be delighted to show you how leaders act. And whining like a siren when all it does is hurt everybody's ears isn't it.

Q: Do you still take exception to the statement after your fellow zone director pulls a stupid prank here?

A: Absolutely. You called every single VCA officer in attendance at the meeting, including numerous regional presidents, a "joke." Yet when one of those officers attempts to make light of an obviously crappy situation by (ironically) joking, a few people get their ******* in a ***. Lighten up.

S: It's a good thing I haven't sent in my club application and money.

A: Sounds like money well saved, as you obviously don't understand what the VCA is about. If it was about being the mouthpiece for SRT (which you obviously think it is), then there would be no club: SRT doesn't tell us squat, and much as I hate to say it - they don't have to.

See, what you fail to realize is that DaimlerChrysler, Dodge, and SRT owes us absolutely NOTHING. Did anybody in the million-car Corvette community get a misguided "wink and a nod" with the new Z06? Nope, they were just as surprised as anybody else. By my guesstimates the total new car sales for the Viper is around $900M since 1992. The Corvette? Probably closer to $40 BILLION. Where in the hell is THEIR outrage? They have more current members in their club than we have for total Vipers ever produced! Yet for some reason we think that because we buy less than 2,000 cars a year that DODGE OWES US AN EXPLANATION. THEY OWE US MORE HORSEPOWER. THEY OWE US A BETTER DESIGN.

Guess what McFly - they don't owe us a damn thing. That is not to say we can't demand it, that we can't want it, and that we can't beg for it. Nor is that to say that we can't get our hopes up when one of them happens to give us that sly grin when the subject of horsepower comes up. But that is about it.

My advice to you is to go to one of your local VCA meetings and see what it is all about. Won't cost you a dime, but it will open your eyes. They don't sit there and whine about SRT - they usually don't even mention them. After all, there is nothing they can do to influence the program. What they will discuss are upcoming Viper events, racing, cruising, upgrades, and just enjoy some good friendships with like-minded car owners. Most who have a sense of humor. If you want the SRT planning and strategy meetings, look elsewhere and make sure you are on the DC payroll. None of us are.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Q: Where is your outrage of their (DC/SRT) BS?

A: This would be a question of productivity. Should I spend my time typing away on the Net? Sending hundreds of nasty e-mails or letters? Picketing in front of DC headquarters in Germany or the SRT headquarters wherever they are these days? Perhaps I should go the route of my buddy Clark: I want to look them straight in the eye and I want to tell them what cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, ******, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sacks of monkey sh*t they are. Hallelujah. Holy sh*t. Where's the Tylenol?

Would that be sufficient outrage for your bloodlust?

I hope all that writing on the net was productive for you. :p

I kid. So after a full day of driving my snake, I'm more calm. It has that kinda effect. The april fools joke in march is just stupid. I bet the guy tells his kids their mommy will die in April during August and tell them to "check the date".

People who wish to be leaders need to represent their members, not their own need to feel important around coporate clowns. Anyways... who cares? This is all out of our hands. We will vote with our wallets.

Heck, let's get back in our snakes and drive!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y2K55RT - VERY WELL STATED!!!!!!!!!! :2tu:

I AM LMAO AT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE UPSET ABOUT THE JOKE, IT WAS GREAT HE GOT A LOT
OF US ON IT.

AS CRAZY AS IT MIGHT BE I STILL THINK WE HAVE SOMETHING COMING FROM THE SRT GROUP.
IF NOT THERE IS ALWAYS JASON HEFFNER :2tu:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
VERY interesting posts!

I think the ONLY issue here is that Paul has been around for SOOOOOO long (sorry Paul), that his humor is only recognized by those that are IN the regional/national positions. We know, in fact, that it is absolutely forbidden to receive any future product information prior to its' official public announcement. (yes, we pride ourselves in making sure you see it here first, as we do, in fact, post it immediately!)

Any "hints" that may be offered at Regional/National meetings are ALWAYS incredibly vague, and can usually be interpreted in many, many ways.

Another note, IMHO, is that all must be reminded that our SRT guys are involved in MANY different projects, and when they mention exciting places to be (ie: NY Auto Show, etc), it does NOT necessarilly pertain to Vipers... but possibly to other SRT models. Once again, although we WISH our SRT engineers spent all day working on the Viper program.... they've still got to keep VOLUME cars around to hopefully help support OUR Viper habit!

Ironically, there's is much to be said about Paul's post. The Vette Forum has a few threads already, based on the speculation of Paul's joke...many posts of which actually analyze how good a deal the Z06 is "now that the new Viper is announced", so this was a very interesting marketing test (thanks Paul).

So, if SRT DOES officially announce a HP increase before the first C6 Z06 comes off the line, does this take most of the wind out of the sails (or should I say "sales") of the Chevy?

I say YES! as then... the Z06... well, is back to being .. just another lower HP vette.

Let's hope SRT is listening.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a joke, just a joke....So lets kill the poor guy.
What he did is exactly what was needed with this post...some humor. Even if, what he said was true, most of us would have found something to ***** about, color, style weight, price, ect....What kept the VETTE alive and well all the years it was at best in second place, was customer loyalty. The ZO6 might catch up with the Viper for the first time, big deal, I wont be buying one. Viper has been evolving for a short time only and yet it's come a long way, with plenty of power still on tap. Did DC lie to us ? No, most wanted a coupe and we got it. Why on earth do we assume that DC will stand still ? Vipers went from 400 to 500 HP when the Vette was 375 hp and the ZO6 was 405 hp. Are we dreaming to expect 550, 600 or even 650, based on the DC history, I say no.....You can't wait for 550HP ? Buy a car for over $150k, or simply do one of the many upgrades available for VIPERS... :2tu:

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...Perhaps I should go the route of my buddy Clark: I want to look them straight in the eye and I want to tell them what cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, ******, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sacks of monkey sh*t they are. Hallelujah. Holy sh*t. Where's the Tylenol?

This is too good to be true! My "fifteen-minutes-of-fame" clock just started up again. Grateful doesn't cover my emotional rainbow at this time, Chris.

Gracias, my friend.

Oh...and don't forget bottom-dwelling, kitten killing, midget ridiculing scumsuckers.

Now...maybe that'll get them off their collective a$$es and put a cupholder in the rear of that new Coupe. Even small victories are still victories.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, if SRT DOES officially announce a HP increase before the first C6 Z06 comes off the line, does this take most of the wind out of the sails (or should I say "sales") of the Chevy?

I say YES! as then... the Z06... well, is back to being .. just another lower HP vette.

Let's hope SRT is listening.

I AGREE :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is too good to be true! My "fifteen-minutes-of-fame" clock just started up again. Grateful doesn't cover my emotional rainbow at this time, Chris.

Gracias, my friend.

Oh...and don't forget bottom-dwelling, kitten killing, midget ridiculing scumsuckers.

Now...maybe that'll get them off their collective a$$es and put a cupholder in the rear of that new Coupe. Even small victories are still victories.

Clark, Clark, Clark - of COURSE I was thinking of you. Alas, I was under the impression that you had since passed on to that great Corvette in the sky, as your posts were so very few and far between these days. A small post as a tribute was the very least I could do. My only disappointment was that I couldn't (nor could you apparently) work "clowns" into your diatribe. Perhaps next time. Be sure to say hello to Rusty for me.

Warfang - It's all good and I agree that getting out in the Viper is the best way to blow off the steam for all involved. SRT may or may not have anything in store for our mighty Viper Nation, but they can't take away what we already have (but I will double check the locks on my garage door just in case). One comment you made that I agree with but on which I think you may have missed the mark ever so slightly: "People who wish to be leaders need to represent their members, not their own need to feel important around coporate clowns."

As I said, I agree with this 100%. What you might be missing is that most (but not all) of the VCA leaders are looking out for their members. Indeed, many of them work tirelessly to make their club more interesting and more active solely for the benefit of their membership. It is an unpaid, thankless volunteer job that generally has ZERO reward. No discount on dues, no glowing reviews - just a lot of work to make Viper ownership more enjoyable for all. Strangely enough, the regional presidents used to have a program where they would travel on the VCA nickel and rub elbows with the SRT/PVO brass. That ended in 2001 or so - before I became a regional president. Since that time, there has been only ONE (1) meeting that I know of that the regional presidents were invited to attend and meet with SRT, and that was this January in Detroit. And they did so on their nickle - not the VCA: Airfare, hotel, transporation, etc. was all paid by the presidents if they wanted to attend.

The excitement that was generated at that meeting was passed along to their membership and made its way here. And that was from those that could even afford to attend. Nobody was trying to snow their membership or anybody here. What they were trying to do was pass along that glimmer of hope (more horsepower, more exotic design) to their membership. It had nothing to do with rubbing elbows, and everything to do with trying to invigorate their membership and the Viper program as a whole. It's only too bad that it appears to have been for naught.

As far as other SRT products, Dodge should remember that the Viper Nation comes to the DC table because of the Viper. If you think that we will be as excited about buying a fleet of Dodge trucks for our businesses because our Cherokee has a Hemi, you need somebody else in marketing. That isn't to say that some of us aren't interested, as I myself think the 300 SRT-8 is great. But don't confuse that interest for lack of passion about the Viper. The Viper is why I am here, and I suspect is the reason 99.99% of us are. Should it fall by the wayside or show what appears to be lack of support/interest from DC, then expect us to reciprocate in kind. The four-door SRT Charger changes nothing.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a joke, just a joke....So lets kill the poor guy.
What he did is exactly what was needed with this post...some humor.

No... it would have been a joke if it came from anyone else not in a leadership position. The real joke is that some of you have no concept of leadership and responsibility. I pity your kids. I never fell for it. I figured it was BS, but thought the guy would have to be an idiot to abuse his position like that to pull a prank. Grow up.

Now Stu with the santa pic... THAT's funny! :2tu:

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
S: I guess it's too much to expect the leadership to act like leaders. No one wants to be accountable to any of the BS.

A: What an admirable transference of BS indeed! So let me get this straight: You think the "leaders" of the VCA (those unpaid volunteers in a nonprofit group) are accountable? FOR WHAT?? Perhaps you haven't looked at the employee roster at SRT, but we aren't on it. Our say in the matter counts about as much as yours. What would you have the "leaders" do, O' Person Who Doesn't Even BELONG to the Friggin' Club? We don't have a key to the executive washroom. We have ZERO say in the design, execution, budget, or a single solitary thing in the Viper program: NOTHING. I would be delighted to show you how leaders act. And whining like a siren when all it does is hurt everybody's ears isn't it.

CHRIS!!

YES YOU DO!! YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME SO!

...plus I did see you sneak outta the mens room with extra rolls of TP and soap!

:p

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Jay "The CAPS Abuser" K.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha!! No I'm not suggesting anything! errr. THIEF!! :eek: Just a laff!!

:headbang:

Jay K.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
---- not their own need to feel important around coporate clowns ---
God, I've been reading Chris's posts for nearly 50 years and he finally made a mistake --- "coporate". Must have meant copulate.

Of course you might want to reread that post and note that it was a QUOTE from another post. I let it slide and didn't even add the ol' "sic" to draw attention to this unintended typo...

And don't go saying "See! He did it again - twice!" :D

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on some of you need to lighten up...Believe me, as a rabid Viperholic, I too was disappointed when I realized it was an April fools joke and Paul was the most hated man next to Bin Laden for a brief moment lol...But the guy was just having fun albiet at some of our expense. Repeat after me.."Its just not that serious"..You should save your venom for the clowns at DC that are allowing an icon to die a Terri Shiavo like slow death....

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
"It's a good thing I haven't sent in my club application and money."

BYE BYE... :2tu: :2tu:

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Well it took a few years but the So Cal boys have done it again and Paul actually has one-upp'ed his co-hort---

March '99 had a post by one left unnamed about an awesome new product (the poster went all out with wild claims about a rubber cam he had developed that gave variable lift properties and yielded great power gains, mpg. etc., etc.) that gaffed a lot of people before the original post got pulled. One of the funnier responses from one of those hooked:,

SUBJECT>Rubber Camshaft - Seeing is Believing
POSTER>*** xxxxxxx (MI)
EMAIL>[email protected]

I have studied the various variable valve timing and lift methods available to the public currently and those invented inside and outside of DC that have potential application. I am not aware of any design which provides the benefits that are indicated. The OEMs have a significant interest in any product that can improve fleet fuel economy, emissions or performance (regardless of what you may hear through media pundits).
I have been associated with engine valvetrains since I was a journeyman engineer and have been directly involved in all VVT efforts inside of DC Auburn Hills since. I have not yet been afforded the benefit of seeing this new technology, but am very much open to it. Please forward my email to anyone you feel who could provide more information on this technology.
*** xxxxx

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Marv, well done at being the top autocrosser in the rain at the zone event!! You defended your home turf well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960