Winter Blues

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man i gotta say, walking into my garage every day seeing my Viper sitting there knowing i won't be able to drive it for another 3 months is depressing!!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% agreed. I'm frustrated with that currently as well.

Come on warm weather!

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1

I went to start the car today. Dead battery and a new CTS couldn't jump it. Have to wait to get my truck back and let it charge the car enough to get a jump.

Nick

OP
OP
O

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea my battery died too, with the doors locked, lol. I ordered a Battery Tender and i'm gonna get a fresh battery for it.

VIPERUSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was very lucky,, last week southern NY had 2 inches of rain and 55 degrees,, washed all the roads off,, so took the Viper out for a ride with my son,, went over to the "Wizards" to say hi to Chuck,,, was a GREAT day and I am hoping it can get me thru until the spring,, oh yea,, the next day it went back down to 20 degrees and snow showers 4"

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well played viperusa. I was hoping to have the same luck last Saturday b/c it had rained the previous 4 days. Unfortunately the roads were really wet Saturday, so despite the 55 degree weather I couldn't bring mine out.

VIPERUSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Strech,, I know what you mean about the wet roads,, my main concern,, but the highway was bone dry,, got up to 150 on a good section,, back roads a little ify so did the speed limit,, it was worth a million bucks

:usa::usa::usa:

SA HEAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man i gotta say, walking into my garage every day seeing my Viper sitting there knowing i won't be able to drive it for another 3 months is depressing!!

If it makes you feel any better, I drove mine today and might drive it again tomorrow if it isn't too warm out. ;) :tx:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is this winter you speak of? I've heard this before, so maybe there is something to it.

BUT, as I know since Stretch is on this thread and Stretch pours tequila on Cheerios and other breakfast menu items, I will need you to substantiate this claim that winter exists.

Please post:

-> Winter tech specs and ordering options
-> Pricing structure - members and non members
-> Any color pics of winter being used - Viper specific please!
-> Map of Stretch's house showing liquor distribution piping system and dispense locations

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what i'm hoping for. March was great last year here in N.E. Ohio. First time since i've had my cars that I was able to take the out and drive around. Come on nice weather in march!!!
omg I HOPE I won't have to wait 3 mos. to drive mine:(

maybe March...?

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I generally use the winter down time to fully clean and detail the car, frame, wheelwells, engine, paint, interior. Its almost as enjoyable as driving it, and helps the winter to pass a little quicker. Next year I may just do Greg Good heads and cam over the winter, in which case I will look forward to it cold, gray months.

marty

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALL it does is rain in GA. I can't remember the last weekend it was warm and/or not raining....4 months ago maybe? I drove my Viper less in 09' than any year since I bought it due to weather...and 2010 has started out the same way. This *****!

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish my BABY was already here to even look at.:( All I have right now are just pics (Vegas rental last Apr.) and vids from the net. :eater: I feel like an expecting parent looking at the just finished baby's room!!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time I drove my car was Boxing Day 12/26 :( Since then the weather has been rubbish! We have had snow on and off and salty roads.
So in the mean time have been doing some work on the braking system, car should be ready for the road again in March :( But that's a long wait!
Mark
:uk:

Wyoming_54

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't stand it any longer, so I got the GTS out yesterday and took it for a drive. My first drive. I bought the car in December. Most roads were dry but I still had to wash the car when I got back to the shop before I put the car cover on. My friend told me he saw the Yellow GTS running around yesterday too but I never saw it. I even stopped at a park and took a few pics.
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
O

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's mine sleeping in the garage. Didn't get a chance to put her away too well this winter since i just moved, next year i'm gonna get a cover and prep it a bit better.

You must be registered for see images

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is this winter you speak of? I've heard this before, so maybe there is something to it.

BUT, as I know since Stretch is on this thread and Stretch pours tequila on Cheerios and other breakfast menu items, I will need you to substantiate this claim that winter exists.

Please post:

-> Winter tech specs and ordering options
-> Pricing structure - members and non members
-> Any color pics of winter being used - Viper specific please!
-> Map of Stretch's house showing liquor distribution piping system and dispense locations

We're out of Cheerios here at casa de Margaritaville, so I had to put the Tequila on the Eggos today.

On to the picture proof of this winter thing....

As for the liquor distrubution & dispensing locations, there are 2 primary locations. One is directly from the frozen drink machine:

The other is straight out of the bottle, of which there are currently 4 to choose from.

**Disclaimer **
- Tequila & Vipers do not mix.
:nono:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
beautiful Viper! :2tu:

looks like it's lowered...?

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stop complaining. if the roads are fine, drive it.

What he says.:2tu:

BREADMAN and I brought Viper home from Davenport in Calgary on Friday after a dyno tune. Freeway was bare and dry. Just HAD to try out new tune.:drive: We each put on about 40 miles and got our FIX. I didn't ask BREADMAN at what speed he got his FIX but I know mine happened about 140 MPH.:headbang::headbang::headbang:
Oh, and Davenport did an awsome tune. 561 RWHP with Paxton.
We may have to trailer to good pavement once or twice more before spring.:D:D:D

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started her up yesterday and let her warm for a while. She seemed upset at me but then I grabed her throttle under that hood and rev'd her a few times.... she screamed with a very happy voice. She was feeling lonely out in the garage. All good now though:lmao:

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am finding myself while sitting out in the garage on the couch watching car stuff and whatnot on TV, staring at the cars as much as the show on!!:D

They are all resting quietly on tenders awaiting spring.

I absolutely hear you on the waiting part!! I added a 97 B&W last month and have yet to drive it except for the 100 feet or so from the transport to the garage.:crazy2:

Warmer weather will be here soon, until then I will just hang out in the man cave and keep the cars company......:headbang:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it's not b/c of winter that I am not driving mine. Bought it three weeks ago and drove it to TN from NC. Drove it about 3 other times and then found that the Paxton was leaking some oil. Took the paxton off and shipped it to them to get rebuilt. While it has been gone I installed new tires, brake pads, brake fluid, new air filter, and engine oil. Going to be another week till I get that paxton back. It kills me every time the sun comes out!!!