Wiring help needed!

Big Jimbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have installed a 2004 Viper engine and transmission in my 1959 Plymouth :D and am fixing a wiring harness to make the engine run stand-alone. Does anyone have the shop manual picture of the Speed Sensor Pin-out for the Tremec transmission speed sensor for a 2004 Viper? The sensor in the transmission is oval with the locking bump on top and has a 3 wire plug with black, black/white, black configuration. The harness side of the plug should be something like orange, black, white, but I can't figure out the orientationfor the harness side pin-out plug wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Jim

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Here's a pic from a recent thread on the reverse solenoid issue (I'm pretty sure this is from a Gen1/Gen2 tranny though.) Not sure, but I thought that the Gen 3's did not grab the speed sensor from the transmission, but rather from a wheel based sensor? Good luck!

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
B

Big Jimbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what my speed sensor looks like. Does anyone know what colors the wires are to the plug? I think in the wiring section of the manual in the Pin Out section it shows a picture of the plug and tells the color of the wires going to the plug.
Thanks!