Wizard da man again!

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Been meaning to thank Chuck Tator for a few weeks on the boards here.

I have an aftermarket gas cap from Autozone with a lock/key mechanism ever since I saw some 10 year olds playing with my gas cap lid. That was over 2 years ago and I've never had a problem with it.

Well, a few weeks ago I started getting the Check Engine or Emissions Light (forget exactly now), so in a panic, I gave the Wizard a call.

He said that that emission code is very hard to diagnose but that 90% of the time it happens when you get gas and don't tighten gas cap. I told him that I had not gotten has, but I knew the gas cap was tight since I lock it everytime i fill up.

A light bulb went off in his head and he told me that he's seen a lot of problems with aftermarket gas caps causing problems with Vipers - they don't create enough of a vacuum. He told me that he could charge me the $75 to hook it up to a diagnosis machine, but recommended I save my money, try putting the original gas cap back on and see if the light goes away.

Sure enough, I changed the gas cap and as soon as I started the car, the light went away! Thanks Chuck! You saved me nights of sleeplessness worrying about how much the repair bill would be until I was able to have you check it out.

You could have thought with your wallet first, and charged me to come down, but instead you put your fellow Viper brethren first yet again! This is why owning a Viper is like no other car - the loyalty, love, and brotherhood trumps just about any other car out there.

p.s. got a haircut last week and a young (19 yr old) hair stylist (a guy) were talking cars and we got on the subject of the Viper. He said he was an import/RICE fan, but has a lot of respect for Vipers. He added that we was very upset when the Viper won the drifting contest over all the Japanese imports! :cool:

p.s.s. And sorry Chuck for the belated thank you! I'll be buying the "approved" aftermarket gas cap from you soon - it's the least I could do.

GA.VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck helped me out with changing a fuel pump. I called him several times during the process with questions. He was always willing help. I can't say enough good things about him.

Chuck! you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it seems whenever possible he does stuff like this...how can ya beat the guy?

chuck is da man! ! !

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperct2001 and Ga viper

I got you both beat I had BOTH of those things done by Chuck.

Except my emissions leak wasent the gas cap and Chuck spent so much time with me on the phone (must have been hours) until we got it resolved.

And as far as my fuel pump THANK GOD Chuck is as thuro as he is or I would have been driving around with a leaking pump (well I guess I was and dident notice it).

CHUCK IS # 1 IN MY BOOK

hes helped me so much in the year I have had my viper its not even funny.

THANKS FOR BEING THE WAY YOU ARE CHUCK NEVER CHANGE!!!!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperct2001 and Ga viper

I got you both beat I had BOTH of those things done by Chuck.

Except my emissions leak wasent the gas cap and Chuck spent so much time with me on the phone (must have been hours) until we got it resolved.

And as far as my fuel pump THANK GOD Chuck is as thuro as he is or I would have been driving around with a leaking pump (well I guess I was and dident notice it).

CHUCK IS # 1 IN MY BOOK

hes helped me so much in the year I have had my viper its not even funny.

THANKS FOR BEING THE WAY YOU ARE CHUCK NEVER CHANGE!!!!

STUGOTS,
thank your lucky stars you got a great Viper guru like Chuck nearby :2tu: :2tu: I wish I were so lucky :(

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck - interested in a European assignment ? :)
Markus and myself will keep you busy...

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the Wizard can fly, he ain't ****** to across the pond or international Vipers!

352wherewizard.jpg

After several days of being shut in my garage, the Wizard escaped for some sight seeing around the City.

352whereswizard.jpg

Then, look where I found him, drinking potions (in 'disguise')!

352chuckpub.jpg

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Using his supernatural powers and a crafty spell, ****, The Wizard is transported magically to the UK :2tu: Is that another castle you've inherited in with your wizardy ancestors immortalized in stone

I hope thats a pint of Strongbow Chuck, how are your retina's ?

Kidnapping's a bit much Baz, be careful he doesnt turn you into a frog, without a watertight sphincter :)

next time *** knick his passport :cool:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see he went there and spead some of the powers of the wizard but im glad hes home WHERE HE BELONGS you cant have him, He belongs 20 mins from me at all times. LOL

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even from the land of the kooks and nuts(cali) :cool: :usa: Chuck takes care of us too(and he's from NY !!!) Chuck is prizeless :2tu: :2tu: :usa: :cool: ( I'm from NJ), and if you bad mouth Chuck, the boy;s from Bayone will be on your door step :D (hint)!!!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the Wizard can fly, he ain't ****** to across the pond or international Vipers!

352wherewizard.jpg

After several days of being shut in my garage, the Wizard escaped for some sight seeing around the City.

352whereswizard.jpg

352chuckpub.jpg
LOL!!! I think the beard has grown (perhaps after the NY/CT elections he will metamorph from Tator the Gray to Tator the White?)! GREAT PHOTO'S Nadine!

As always, it's tough to find fault with Chuck's integrity. The man's literally talked me out of thousands of dollars in expensive but poor yield mods! Work that would have resulted in lots of labor and cash for HIM! It's truly like having a brother in the business. HERE, HERE!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
352chuckpub.jpg

Yes I did have a great time in the UK! :D Thank You all for the nice comments! Vipers are my passion, so kidnaping wont be necessary. If I can, I will go voluntarily! :2tu:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
352chuckpub.jpg

Yes I did have a great time in the UK! :D Thank You all for the nice comments! Vipers are my passion, so kidnaping wont be necessary. If I can, I will go voluntarily! :2tu:

but only for a short time right?? cant leave us local guys lol

its strange when you were there I could have sword I heard crying coming from the garage where the viper is hmmm maybe its just my imagination, also there were small drabs of water comming from the NACA duct hmmmm nah couldent be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960