WO-WHO!!! I found the INSANITY causing popping noise!!!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
well, it HAS been located and fixed. A friend of mine volunteered to sit in the trunk and locate the noise, and we got it. After removing the back trunk panel, side panels, and interior roof assembly, we located the noise maker. It turned out to be one of the brackets that attached between the interior "roll bar" frame, and the roof itself. The brackets were TIGHT, but one of them, was adjusted too close to the frame itself-(shaped like an L, and the long part of the L rides on the frame)-and it had worn away the paint as the chassis flexed. once it was metal to metal, it began "popping". I took both brackets out, and lined them with double-sided-tape to fit between the frame and bracket. VIOLA! no more popping!!!

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My brother is a Porsche fanatic. He was driving my car for the first time and made a comment about a rattle in the back of the car. I think he assumed it was yet another Dodge quality control problem. We checked. It was the front license plate. The repair required picking it up and putting it in the closet.

Its amazing how a little rattle can drive you nuts.

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew that trick would work...
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960