Won't be able to sleep tonight....

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

After all these "teasers" and "leaks" that are really teasers, I can't wait. I am a Viper fanatic through and through. All though the Gen V will be my first Viper, I will be getting one. I'll just more than likely aim for the one that someone dumps after they put a 1000 miles on it.

I've been a huge fan of the Viper since the GTS and it has been my dream car since. Hence, my summary of what the Gen V is to me right now. The last few months I have debated with my self over which Viper to get. GTS? Gen III Coupe? Gen IV Coupe? To me, the GTS was it. I couldn't stray away from the looks. Sure, the interior needed refinement and there is a huge horsepower difference between a Gen II and IV, but all that was fixable. I just keep thinking I would buy a GTS and put my version of a refined interior into it. Almost the way some shops have done with some 60's muscle car classics. Now that the Gen V is here, I can have everything I want. SRT putting curves on a Gen IV = perfect.

I can say I am quite tired of the nay-sayers and the people complaining. In fact, the worse has been references and comparisons to a Mustang that has a gross vehicle weight rating that makes me want to ask what the towing capacity is. Another thing is that we need to face the fact that we probably wont be shocked with in your face design like we were with the GTS. Too many auto makers make an exotic looking vehicle. Also, stop saying it looks like a Ferrari. Do a little research, make a timeline on Ferrari front engine vehicles and compare it to the Viper that was already out. Then try to tell me a Viper copied Ferrari and not the other way around. SRT didn't re-invent the wheel here, they just refined it. The Gen V is a refined, updated, modernized GTS.

So lets sum this up. If you are a troll, or if you want to say a Mustang (ANY MUSTANG) is a better vehicle, or if you want to tell me that the Gen V Viper will be lame......please click the following link.

http://youknowhowiknowyouregay.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/your-header.jpg

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't understand how you can wait 2 or more years if you are that pumped. You could buy a previous generation and enjoy it for a few years and THEN buy your used low mileage Gen 5.

OP
OP
M

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't understand how you can wait 2 or more years if you are that pumped. You could buy a previous generation and enjoy it for a few years and THEN buy your used low mileage Gen 5.

The time isn't right for me yet. I would be waiting whether there was a Gen V or not. I have to accomplish a few things first. I won't buy any "toy" car until I have a few milsetones met. However, of the (3) required milestones, (1) has been met and the 2nd is almost here. It will be summer-fall 2013 if all goes to plan. I want to enjoy my Viper without it being a burden.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bravo for having a plan and sticking to it ... Far to many get in trouble in these days of instant gratification

F

FrgMstr

Don't be a fanboy. Don't lap up whatever your get.

Just as bad as being a hater.

Just going to be a GTS rehash with a Ferrari front end. Meh.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, tired of the nay-sayers
Yep, good to have a plan
Yep, probably won't sleep so well either... packing for the flight right now :2tu:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Don't be a fanboy. Don't lap up whatever your get.

Just as bad as being a hater.

Just going to be a GTS rehash with a Ferrari front end. Meh.

Exactly. I always laugh when some fanboi, who has never owned a Viper, logs on here, to tell us Viper owners how we should feel about the new Viper.

I hope it's everything that the hype has built it up to be. I'm looking forward to some decent pic's later today so I can be impressed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21