Woohoo I bought a Viper!!!! Pics & Video inside...

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it's finally official. After years of dreaming I bought a yellow 95 on Friday. This couldn't have happened without my parents because they are awesome. And I wanted to say thanks to Kevan for going with me to the inspection, Ryan94rt10 for teaching me all about the gen 1's, and 2001 V10 Power Nut for answering all kinds of stupid questions I had the last few weeks. You guys rock.

Anywho, I am excited to have my very own Viper and join the VCA.
Stats:
95 RT/10
18k miles
high flow cats w/ borla exhaust
AP Engineering 3 piece top

Unfortunately I didn't get to clean her this weekend so she's dirty in the pics, but I will fix that this week.
On to the pics...

You must be registered for see images attach

And video of starting it up.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always liked the tan interior, but do something about that red hing :D

Might want to get with some of the local Viper guys and adjust the right headlight a bit up and forward. Enjoy it and drive safe always!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks eveyone!

I always liked the tan interior, but do something about that red hing :D

Might want to get with some of the local Viper guys and adjust the right headlight a bit up and forward. Enjoy it and drive safe always!

Are the hinges always red like that? I wasn't sure if that was oem or changed by one of the previous owners.

Good call on the headlight, I'll see if I can do that.

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad your first one had to be yellow but one has to start somewhere:). Congrats, be careful and have a ball. Beautiful car.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad your first one had to be yellow but one has to start somewhere:).

Not everyone feels comfortable starting out with V10s. He prob got yellow since they come with V8's :lmao:

Congrats Jason! If I could afford a 2nd Viper, it'd be a yellow Gen 1 as well (I love sidepipes!) Enjoy it in good health :)

Looks like the bolt that holds the LH side of the airbox is loose and the RH one is gone. I could be wrong, just looks that way from the pic. As Dave6666 will attest, those bolts can come out and chew up your serp belt! I'd go on and buy a p/s vent tube ($20) and upgrade to Big Brake Dave's billet aluminum power steering pulley and bracket if you still have the OEM pieces on there.

Congrats again and go throw some miles on that bad boy!! :headbang:

V

Venomiss

Congratulations on your Viper!
Drive carefully and join the VCA on October 1st to get this year and all of the next as a newbie!
What good choice in color.:)

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Stretch!!!
(You have a dock? I'm comin' over to your place for the Buckeye games. :D)

The car looks great and only needs a few little touch-ups to make it perfect again. If you need a hand with any of that, my garage and tools are available.

I did notice on Friday night that the pass. headlight was aimed *SLIGHTLY* higher than the driver's side. Nothing dramatic, but something that can be easily corrected.

Enjoy the new ride and let me know if you want to hook up and chase Corvette's around town. :)

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not everyone feels comfortable starting out with V10s. He prob got yellow since they come with V8's :lmao:

Congrats Jason! If I could afford a 2nd Viper, it'd be a yellow Gen 1 as wellupgrade to Big Brake Dave's billet aluminum power steering pulley and bracket if you still have the OEM pieces on there.
All you Gen1 lovers:omg: Gen1's have STEEL P/S pulleys:2tu: and only need the bracket changed. Just some needed info :D

Big Brake Dave:drive:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats dude! I know what you are feeling (parents are great too arent they!)! Best part is that feeling really does not go away!

Have fun, enjoy, do watch it though at this time of year on the cold pavement!:drive::omg: It can get hairy quick! Just giving you advice that I learnt the fist time I hammered it on cold pavement (I left some nice marks on the pavement though!:D).

P.S. Don't mind Chad. He is just jealous that his car is only half yellow!:poke::D

Robert

Last edited:

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. Nothing beats the feeling. Your feet WILL eventually come back to earth, but as said in a previous post the feeling stays forever. Be safe.

Ron

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GORGEOUS!!!! Like your signs in the garage too, lol~~! Man, TOTALLY ENJOY! Welcome officially now~~~~juli
**Hey, now I can put YOU and your VIPER on BEEFCAKE! You belong dude!**

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I am still super excited to have her and the last few days have been awesome.

I'm making a list of things to check for the winter so thank you for all the help on what to look for. If you have anything to add please let me know!

So far:
Air box bolts
P/S bracket
P/S vent tube (not sure what that is though)
Need to ensure several caps are tight under the hood

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will get responses such as: WHAT IS WINTER??? LOL...but not from me~! We know ALL too well about garaging the Viper during the winter months (DRAT!!!!)....tires inflated before storage, a good waxing, fluids filled up, battery tender (trickle charger)...if you HAVE any really GOOD days to DRIVE the Viper in the winter, DRIVE it for awhile, up to temperature and a bit more...let's HOPE for those good days...we get some. HAVE a BALL with it NOW while you can! ~juli

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WELCOME and Congratulations!
Very nice and clean looking GEN-I.

Not only the red hinge is not stock, but also the red screws in the steering wheel (and the red cross bar in front
of the engine)...one of the previous owners liked red on a yellow car a lot...

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, Nice looking car. I hope to have one sooner then later. From the sound of it, I'm not too far from you.

I also hope to have one sooner or later. I love threads like this because they are inspiring! by sooner or later i mean like 4 years but whatever

oh yea...Nice car!! I like the color.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The PS vent tube is the powersteering vent tube, which can be purchased through Roe Racing.

The cap to the powersteering reservoir has a tendency to shake loose and the very flammable fluid comes right out onto the exhaust manifold. The tube safely discards overflow away from the exhaust.