Working on the Viper

Konstantin82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, the weekeneds finally here, and I am about to install S&B air filters and smooth tubes from Roe Racing, but before I do that I wanted to see if theres any special intructions on stalling them both. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Step one, remove old setup.

Step 1.5, clean area exposed by removal of airbox. It is easier to remove the whole airbox and work from that point forward.

Step two, install new stuff.

Step three, start engine and admire work.

Whoops, forgot the real first step, open beer.

OP
OP
K

Konstantin82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All done it was simple and fun, it even sounds better. Ok it's official, Im addicted, next is corsa exhaust system.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ever install a crank case breather from roe racing, i dont get where to install it

You must have missed the instructions.......

The aluminum **** screws into the stock location of the oil cap and has integrated o-rings to seal it. The chrome breather then pushes into the ****, and the set screw tightens down, so the breather will not move. To add oil to your engine, simply remove the breather, leaving the **** in place. No modifications needed, quick and easy install. Perfect for stock and highly modified engines!

You will need to plug the opening in the air box where the crankcase breather was vented to. There is a recent thread about the "hot nasty and gooey" PCV fumes being ingested into the airbox, "contaminating" the intake air charge. Not a big fave of the EPA, as these fumes are now being vented into the air that we breathe......heavens!

FROM THE ROE CATALOG......."Oil pressure and ventilation is very important when it comes to the performance and life of your engine. Our breather assembly screws right into the oil cap location on the valve cover and provides superior ventilation over the factory setup, greatly reducing the possibility of oil seepage, gasket failure and leaks. Available for all Vipers"

OP
OP
K

Konstantin82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I still have to figure out how to post pics, but I will post many as soon as I do, and I did figure out the breather thing so now it looks great!

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry I still have to figure out how to post pics, but I will post many as soon as I do, and I did figure out the breather thing so now it looks great!

I had the same question... finally figured it out so here goes;

Click on the "Media" tab just below the OF AMERICA above, click on "My Gallery" it's on the very left side of the blue/gray header, click on "Upload Photos" on the right side of the same header, click on one of the "browse" tabs, search to the location of the pic on your computer, repeat for more pictures, click on Upload/Submit then follow the rest of the instructions if you want to name them or add comments.

Us Vancouver boys got to help each other.

Rick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery