Worlds fastest Viper

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worlds fastest Viper?

If you look on page 103 of the February 28th issue of National Dragster you see the world's FASTEST and QUICKEST Viper (according to the ad) for sale for $119,000.00!

Rice-Eater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Worlds fastest Viper?

maybe im wrong....but when I looked at rsi vid of there "fastest" pass.....I saw the light go red...that means they redlined....correct me if im wrong but if u look closely ull see the light turn red....

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Red light has nothing to do with ET. Only matters in a competition. You lose. But you'll still get a time.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh yea, I've got the fastest blue and white 96 GTS with 1997 wheels, a 1/2" scratch on the bottom of the right side sill and a 1TONY1 Georgia tag on the back :)

Rice-Eater

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I tought they started the time when light turned green.....u probably right..im not a drag guy...driving a straight line gets boring over time....a race track is the best place to rate a car...anyone know whats the best track viper known???

Reaction score

RSI has the worlds fastest viper. It has a stroker motor. Mine is heads cam with stock bottom end.It is the fastest RT 10. RSI now has gone 9.45

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry 1TONY1, my blue and white stripped 97GTS has covered a calculated 1/4 mile in 6.08 seconds. It's pretty much stock.

... but it's a Burago special, and the time was calculated as follows:

The 1/18th scale model covered my dining room 6ft table in just under 0.5 seconds. EXtrapolating that out, it would have covered 73.333 feet in 6.08 seconds, which by 1/18th scaled up = 1320 feet - viola! Worlds fastest Viper! The launch speed was estimated to have exceeded a scaled up 300mph.

who's your daddy?
:D

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry 1TONY1, my blue and white stripped 97GTS has covered a calculated 1/4 mile in 6.08 seconds. It's pretty much stock.

... but it's a Burago special, and the time was calculated as follows:

The 1/18th scale model covered my dining room 6ft table in just under 0.5 seconds. EXtrapolating that out, it would have covered 73.333 feet in 6.08 seconds, which by 1/18th scaled up = 1320 feet - viola! Worlds fastest Viper! The launch speed was estimated to have exceeded a scaled up 300mph.

who's your daddy?
:D

But your car does not have: "1997 wheels, a 1/2" scratch on the bottom of the right side sill and a 1TONY1 Georgia tag on the back" Sooooo mine is still the fastest in the world as configured.....(hopefully Ga. has not issued two identical tags) :)

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You got me on that one 1TONY1 :)

By the way - 10.37 @ 136mph is hauling. That's excellent performance, must be a fun ride. I've only known of one genuine Cobra to reach that speed on the 1/4 (other than drag Cobras of course) and that was the famous 427 big block (it lives in Europe I believe) that runs quad 58IDA Weber carbs (like full GT40 Le Mans 427 engine) and it leaves black strips all the way down the 1/4 - with same trap speed as you, but 1000lbs less weight. That's testimony to the power you are making.