Would you sell the raffel car if you were the winner?

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After seeing this car at VOI. I wondered if anyone would sell it for profit? If you were the winner would you sell? What kind of price do you think this great car would get? It truly is one of a kind. I would not sell.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tough choice to make. i might be afraid to drive it and mess up the paint. the only raffle car i really really wanted was the ACR RT/10! i might want to sell it knowing it would be worth much more to someone else than myself, i much prefer i car i dont need to worry about driving. BUT i would have to park it in my garage for a while and contemplate the cars fate.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A KEEPER FOR SURE AS I HAVE ALL READY MOVED UP TO THE NEXT GENERATION, IF I DONT WIN IT I HOPE SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE THE GEN iii'S DOES - THAT WAY THEIR SURE TO SELL IT ( LOL ). GOOD LUCK ALL WHO HAVE PURCHASED A TICKET, I DID.

TOM

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen it in person, but I am SURE I would have a hard time with any Viper just sitting in my garage due to the fact that I wouldn't want to Mess Her Up!
I guess, I would keep her for a bit, and then sell it to someone who could enjoy her more.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pretty car, but, I would sell for every last dime it would bring and have the new coupe on order with delivery straight to Macedo's for pre delivery service.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No.

I wouldn't enter just to try to make money. It's a risk that may not pay off, plus more so I would rather someone who wants to keep it to drive it to have a chance to own it, without me watering down their odds.

I didn't enter the Blue and White VCA SRT-10 Truck, nor the Yellow VCA SRT-10. At the time I didn't want one and wanted those who REALLY wanted one to have one.

After seeing the Yellow SRT-10's, of which 4 or 5 ended up here in KC. I want one, I wish I would have entered. But I wouldn't pay a stupid price to own one.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No.

I wouldn't enter just to try to make money. It's a risk that may not pay off, plus more so I would rather someone who wants to keep it to drive it to have a chance to own it, without me watering down their odds.

Not much risk involved if you buy a ticket and win! I am sure it would sell for more than the price of a Ticket! :p

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm the slow kid in the class a lot of the times. I thought he was asking about the Yellow VCA cars......

The cherry red one with flames we saw at VOI must be what he was asking about. Yea, a single raffle ticket price is a LOT less than the car would bring. Unlike winning the raffle to win the "opportunity" to pay full sticker for one, then hopping you can sell it for more than sticker price.

I bought 10 tickets for that flamed FREE raffle car! The paint is AWESOME! I can't type that big and bold enough. It's incredible!

No I would not sell that car either! 1 of 1. Beautiful car and interior.

Sorry, I missed the point!

GTSJERRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be tough decision on weather to keep it or not. but if i decided to sell the proceeds would be used for the new coupe!

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand why this question is being asked to all of you.When i win the car :rolleyes: it will be parked in my garage beside my 04. :D And no i will not sell it.The question should of been,if you would of won.Just kidding GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT BOUGHT TICKETS! :2tu:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the latest raffle car a lot, and would do what I could to keep it, but if offered something reasonable, I might consider selling it to a collector because I would only drive it and mess up the cool flames paint job...

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ultimate raffle car to date was blue with silver stripes. I'd sell it and invest the funds in Real Estate. But I am a conservative person when it comes to paint, so take it for what its worth.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a great looking raffle car but I honestly would have to sell it because I would be afraid to damage the paint. I would take the profits and invest in real estate so that I could buy more cars in the long run.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see, the raffel car is <font color="red"> </font> RED with a flaming paint. My 94 RT is RED, and I could make room in my garage for the raffel car. Huummmmmm...I believe I would keep it! :D

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go easy on me for i am not a smart one. :D Explain to me the differance between winning this raffel car then selling it and selling a vca special addition.They both can only be obtained by VCA member.And i don"t see the diff. :confused: I have sent for 1 ticket and hope to win.Good luck to all others. :2tu:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go easy on me for i am not a smart one. :D Explain to me the differance between winning this raffel car then selling it and selling a vca special addition.They both can only be obtained by VCA member.And i don"t see the diff. :confused: I have sent for 1 ticket and hope to win.Good luck to all others. :2tu:

Winning the VCA raffle Candy Red SRT-10 Viper is done by buying one (or a couple) $100 tickets, for the chance of winning the car (no other cost than the ticket purchase and tax/shipping). The VCA Special Edition raffles were just entering the raffle (no ticket cost) and the winners get a chance to BUY a special limited edition Viper or SRT-RAM truck (at full price).

I'd have to choose to keep my Viper and sell the raffle car if I won, or or keep the raffle car and sell my Viper.
It would be a tough call and I'd have to see the raffle car first before deciding.
But if my wife wins (she bought one ticket this time) she will sell the raffle Viper for sure.

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car looks beautiful, and I would definitely keep it, but I would probably have to sell my '95 to pay the taxes on it. Winner is responsible for sales, luxury, gas guzzler, and income taxes - ouch! Not sure what the car is valued at - $100,000??? So sales tax at 6% is $6,000. Not sure about gas guzzler or luxury taxes. Assuming most people here are at least in the 25% federal tax bracket, plus 3.9% state, equals at least $30,000 in income taxes you must shell out on your tax returns! (I'm a CPA).

All the people that won those cars on Oprah last week got a rude awakening when the IRS told them they have to claim the retail value of those cars as income on their tax returns. Most said they would sell the cars now. Was in the news the other day.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car looks beautiful, and I would definitely keep it, but I would probably have to sell my '95 to pay the taxes on it. Winner is responsible for sales, luxury, gas guzzler, and income taxes - ouch! Not sure what the car is valued at - $100,000??? So sales tax at 6% is $6,000. Not sure about gas guzzler or luxury taxes. Assuming most people here are at least in the 25% federal tax bracket, plus 3.9% state, equals at least $30,000 in income taxes you must shell out on your tax returns! (I'm a CPA).

All the people that won those cars on Oprah last week got a rude awakening when the IRS told them they have to claim the retail value of those cars as income on their tax returns. Most said they would sell the cars now. Was in the news the other day.

As for the Oprah cars, I heard they would have to pay the taxes as if it was income (though GM would pick up the sales tax, etc.) - but what if GM was willing to pay the income tax for them, wouldn't that also count as more income for them and create a big friggin' neverending loop?

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Im sure most folks could get from their bank or CU a new car loan against the car for the tax amount to pay uncle sam and they have a very reasonable payment for a 100K car.

Me I would keep the car, write the check, and slide it in next to my bumble bee, that paint scheme is way cool, and I like the idea of one of a kind vs previous raffles.

OP
OP
B

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I win the car I will keep it. For fun I will entertain offers to see what the car is worth to those of you with long green. Who knows someone might not be able to live without this great car in there stable. They might make me an offer I can't refuse.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I spoke with the latest raffle winner over the weekend at a car show, and he showed me the window sticker for it- $115,000 And that was for a yellow car with dual black stripes. The interiors on the both cars will likely cost about the same, so I wouldn't be suprised if Dodge puts a $130,000 MSRP on the flamed car. So... at a more realistic 35% fed and 8% state tax(afterall most Viper owners make a "decent" living before the added $130k!) that would come out to almost $56,000 in income tax + another $10,000 in CA sales tax for a whopping $66k. So much for a "free" car :eek:

It would be nice if Dodge didn't screw over the raffle winners by reporting ridiculously high MSRP's on these unique but not "solid gold" automobiles :smirk:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be nice if Dodge didn't screw over the raffle winners by reporting ridiculously high MSRP's on these unique but not "solid gold" automobiles :smirk:

Well said.

Maybe I will sell my winning ticket....then someone can claim the car.