Wow! Great deal on a 98 GTS!

yellow94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Wow! Great deal on a 98 GTS!...AMAZING!!!

Adam,
We're talking apples and oranges here....I'll stay with the Viper!!

Tim,
It's either a great deal or a dog....would make a great second car though, wouldn't it?

OP
OP
T

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Perfect daily driver for the winter! LOL

I wish I could afford both...

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Stupid question but...I am not too familiar with how Ebay works. How exactly could you confirm that a car isn't a POS? Can you have them inspected somehow? I know this add says something like "Call so and so for more info" I guess I would want to see a service history and to maybe have the car brought to a dealer in the area to get checked out.Is that the normal thing, to call the seller and set up an inspection like you might do buying from a distant dealer?

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes....plain and smple rule of thumb, if they ever disagree with, or say no to a in-person inspection, walk away. I would never buy a car online unless 1) certified, well known,professional inspection company took a look at it first and it was cleared. 2) Someone whom I trusted with TONS TONS of my heart and soul (people on this baord) checke dit out and cleared it or 3) RECORDS!!! If persona can't prove to you what was done when, it shows how well they took care of car....(number of other things to look for and consider but these are 3 of my most important.)

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

bought my viper from ebay without looking at it from a dealer in rochester. price was right so i jumped on it and bought it. if seller is trust worthy def worth the money. great deal!

JoeD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FYI - Auto check looks good. However, it does indicate use as a rental!

S

sachin

what would a 99 GTS w/ 50k miles, that had a repainted front and fender but clean title be worth? Looking at one, but no price has been discussed yet.

S

sachin

unfortunately no pics. Its at a leasing company for dealers only, my family has a pre-owned minivan dealership and I saw this, gonna try and convince him to look into it, but I doubt he will, he didnt enjoy the 01 Rt/10 we had last year that much.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BE VERY CAREFUL! Read the fine print at the bottom of the auction. If you bid over $15,000 you need to provide a credit card. If you did that through paypal you would lose all the usual credit card protections. You would likely not see your money back. Check out www.paypalsucks.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32