WOW... I JUST DROVE MY SUPERCHARGED VIPER 4 THE FIRST TIME...

5THVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow is all I can say I have had a lot of fast cars this is my 6th viper.. I just bought this 03 paxton supercharged viper and got to drive it yesterday 4 the first time and I am so impressed with it.. it is scary fast I cant wait until it get warmer out.. I would like to take it to the track I think its making close to 700rwhp does that sound about right. How much boost can a stock motor hold. I think its making 5lbs right now would like to bump it up to around 8-10lbs it has exhaust,[*****] intake and throttle body. and bigger fuel system.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you have a custom package your boost should be around 8psi or so (that is the stock boost with the Paxton). 700rwhp seems reasonable with the Paxton at 7-8psi.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep that boost down, and enjoy what power you have! Dave says 8, I'd say 7 always, with a bump up for short term if wanted.

Congrats. Ain't boost a blast!! :headbang:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tons of power. I think you might want to ease into it for a while before turning it up. Last thing you want to do is get hurt. Enjoy your new purchase!!

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgot to ask you if you knew who installed the Paxton and did the tune. With 700 rwhp and stock internals your pushing the limits of the motor. If you dont know who did it or have any dyno charts with a/f numbers I personally would get it done. If you upgrade the pistons to forged you can get over 800 rwhp if the tune is good (per latest numbers from Joe at Performance by Joe).

OP
OP

5THVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a place in Texas did the install called volocity racing but I heard they changed there name does anybody know who they are and how I can get ahold of them. dont know how to post pictures its silver with all polished paxton and intake look awsome with 19 and 20 hre black and chrome wheels...

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I think its making close to 700rwhp"

The stock Paxton application maxes out at about 650 RWHP as tested on a Dynojet dynamometer. A safe A/F ratio is the key to happy boosted motoring. Have the car tested and see what it is actually producing. Make sure that they include A/F and boost measurements when it is dynoed. Then, after you get the results, post again. Until you have it tested, I would be careful. One more thing, let the tires heat up thoroughly before any spirited driving. Cold tires plus spirited driving can easily create a crashed vehicle. The rear of the car can kick out to the right and may even go into a spin. Be very careful.

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Woodhouse installed paxton just got finished and dynoed yesterday and they reported to me 592 rwhp on a mustang dyno. The car had like 10 miles on it prior to the install and said I could pick upto 20 more hp as the car breaks in. Also, they do a very conservitive tune and the mustang dyno's show lower numbers, I guess, then a Dynojet.

I can't wait to drive mine, but until it warms up and rains a few times to clean the roads, I'm affraid she'll be kept warm in the garage!

Jason

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21