WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

FRANK RT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all. I just came back from a sunday morning drive in my bone stock 94 rt/10. All I have to say is wow I love this car! I am reading here all the time about all the mods that are avalible for my car and I cant even imagiane how the car would drive with 100, 200 or more hp. It seems like the car would be out of control with soo much power. however I still am thinking of at least doing k&n filters smooth tubes and maybe an exhaust upgrade. what do you guys think?
smile.gif

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> It seems like the car would be out of control with soo much power.
> however I still am thinking of at least doing k&n filters smooth tubes and maybe an exhaust upgrade.

I dunno... you don't want to go overboard on those mods
laugh.gif

Seriously though, tubes & filters are a no-downside mod which will pick up some HP. Think carefully before doing an exhaust mod, however -- the car'll be a lot louder, especially with side-exits, and you should consider whether that will make you more or less prone to driving it. There's no point in making the car pick up a few HP if you don't enjoy driving it!

HawkeyeViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I switched out the stock exhaust for a 3" Corsa .....personally I love the way it sounds, especially at high revs, and it is sure to turn heads as you down shift coming into a stop light, with a real throaty gurgle to the engine. At highway speeds I really don't think there is a big difference in engine/exhaust noise. You tend to really hear the difference when you accelerate or decelerate hard!!

I also installed high flow catalytic converters, which made a huge difference in how much heat the side sills give off and also helps keep the cockpit cooler I believe.

JonB at Partsrack is the man to talk to! Helped me out bigtime when I first got my new snake
smile.gif

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the other filters, SG?, from Roe, and the red tubes. I bought the fitler and tubes package because the car needed filters and the tubes look nice. I wouldn't expect any performance increase that you could feel. I have read reports that some people had fit problems with the K&N filters, might be fixed now, I don't know. I'd stay away from the cone style filters due to water spray contamination and the fact that they might be sucking air from a hot place under the hood. If I had to do it again I think I might like the looks of the chrome tubes with the red silicone hose connectors.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FRANKRT/10:
What do you guys think?
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speed and power are both relative and addictive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte