Wrecked my Viper today

BlownViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after finally getting the stereo system finished and installing the polished intake and valve cover overlays,some ******* in a lifted F150 decided to make an illegal turn.
You must be registered for see images

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh man, I feel for ya. I hate to see that happen. Hope everything goes smoothly for you and you stick it to this person.

Dunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
his fault though, correct? At least it won't be money out of your wallet. Right?

Anyways, sorry it happened, happy you didnt get hurt.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DANG....I hope the truck was cited, and/or you have witnesses.
Sorry for your grief..........

ps
If you need help with OEM Blue/white parts, ringeee-dingee

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Viper. I'm glad that you're ok other than a serious case of anger/depression. It looks like most of the damage is superficial. How did the upper frame rails fare? They seem to be one of the weakest points on the frame. Did your airbag deploy?

Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be back on the road real soon.

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about the mishap. Hope that you are back on the road soon. Now is the time to go ahead and drop in the SC or Twin Turbo, heck give it to yourself as a Christmas present!

ViperCorp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh my god, I feel bad for you. What was the scene like after the accident? I'd be raging mad and would wanna pop the guy in the face.

OP
OP
B

BlownViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only damage to the car is the hood,both headlights,front bumper cover and support,foglights,radiator,air box,hood hinges and release lever,plus whatever else I cant see.Its a 97 w/30k and spotless(was spotless)Does anyone know what kind of $ amount roughly it will cost to fix it or will it be totalled?
Thanks

OP
OP
B

BlownViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was his fault and he admitted it.the only thing against me right now is that I almost beat the s@#t out of him when I got out of the car.The crowd out there was ridiculous.

Frank00Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That truely *****, at least u are all right. Make sure u have all your receipts, even if u have to get them made for more money.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry for the bad luck......Be sure to have the ins.co. componsate (sp) you for lost value beyond the cost of repairs...Good luck.

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be sure to request that the paying insurance company reimburse you for "diminished value". This term essentially means since the vehicle was damaged, it will not demand as high of a selling price as one that has not been in an accident. It is based on the cost of the vehicle and the amount of damage done.

I know of a person here in Arizona who's SUV had about $6,000 in damage and received an additional $1,500 for diminished value.

I don't know what the laws are in your state but it's worth looking into.

Good Luck,
Jim

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
glad your okay and not in jail!!!
make him pay dearly!
damage clearly and
loss of value, loss of use, loss of your PERFECT snake!!
pissed.gif

maybe someone with experience in dealing with insurance companies on this can chime in with pointers.
Luckily I have never gone through this.. but make the SOB pay!!!!
pissed.gif
pissed.gif

keep us posted on how you make out.
good luck

JIM

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss. I am sure it is on all of our minds when we are out driving.

I know what you mean about wanting to kill the guy. Last summer I was out for a romp in a 70 Coronet and a lady on a cell phone came inches from plowing into me. I have to say its the closest I ever came to hitting a women. Good Luck!

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, that's tough. I've been watching all the stuff you've been putting into that car (manifold, stereo) and it was looking good. Hope you get it back on the road soon.

--- Ken

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes,

Be sure to ask for diminished value!

Jon B from the Parts Rack can help you with this.

Good luck and I'm glad you are ok.

2Charmed

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blownviper,
I feel for you... I am really sorry to see that. I brings back very bad memories. Just looking at your pics, I would guess at least $20,000 if there is no frame damage. The hood is $14,000 alone and the fascia and supports are over $4,000.If there is anything I can do please let me know.... If I have any parts you need, consider them yours.
Later,
Joe

Leaf001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wrecked my '94 weeks after blowing 6K on stereo equipment and installation, so I know exactley how you feel. My damage was mostly front end, like yours, and unfortunatly was a total loss. These parts add up real quick: hood 13K, front facia 3K etc etc etc

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BlowenViper
Sorry to see that, Hopefully the truck has enough insurance. Sometimes min. insurance coverage will not come close to repairing a Viper. Good luck with the insurance companies, sometimes they can be as***le*

OP
OP
B

BlownViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I allready had my att. check into tthe coverage of the policy holder which is good news.They have a 2 million liability limit.They are a big reality company here and they guy admitted to the police that he was wrong

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blown,
As a member of the Blue&White club, I feel your pain.
crying.gif
Hope everything turns out ok. Don't accept anything less then a perfect restoration. Good luck.
cool.gif

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BlownViper, you must be devastated. Those pics hurt, but, it's repairable. I know how you must be feeling, I had similar happen to my beautiful blue and white Beloved this time last year. I did not get out immediately, I didn't trust myself not to kill the bloke, and couldn't face seeing the damage. At least the **** idiot has insurance and has admitted fault. (I had cops giving me a hard time because with an 8L engine must have been all the Vipers fault for speeding, never mind about the guy that pulled out). The best thing I found was keep yourself busy in sorting insurance, organizing repairs etc. I had to argue with the insurance company to get a better car value price out of them. If you're not happy with the first offer don't accept it, and find examples of for-sale, high priced similar condition Vipers to show to them. My every sympathy, and very best wishes for a speedy recovery with your snake.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh man, that's terrible!!!!! I hate seeing Vipers in that condition. I'm hoping to buy a blue and white soon!!! Good luck, and I feel for ya!!!

ewave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, this reminds me of my car when I bought it!

I have a left over hood, off a 99 silver GTS, the hood is perfect other than a slight paint scratch. Full-up, just unbolted. It's in my garage in Dallas Texas. $6000?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc