Wrong Throwout Bearing??

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to slap in a new clutch when I fix my rear oil seal leak. Has anyone confirmed that the throwout bearing that comes in the LUK clutch kit #05-088 is the wrong bearing? In searching, I found some old postings where some claim that it is. I have a new LUK slave cylinder but it came without the bearing. I figured it didn't matter since the clutch kit is suppose to come with one.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the claim is in regards to the fact that the T/O bearing comes without the hydraulic slave component. You get part A but not part B of assembly C.

The manual claims them to be an inseparable pair, whereas I have seen it mentioned replacing just the bearing. In other words, they do come apart.

Where in the world did you find the hydraulic slave w/o the bearing on it?

OP
OP
C

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got the LUK slave cylinder through Autozone. $195. Without the bearing. I see them elsewhere now for less and includes the TO bearing. Oh well.:rolleyes:
I think the claim is in regards to the fact that the T/O bearing comes without the hydraulic slave component. You get part A but not part B of assembly C.

The manual claims them to be an inseparable pair, whereas I have seen it mentioned replacing just the bearing. In other words, they do come apart.

Where in the world did you find the hydraulic slave w/o the bearing on it?

mr viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got the LUK slave cylinder through Autozone. $195. Without the bearing. I see them elsewhere now for less and includes the TO bearing. Oh well.:rolleyes:

Don't feel bad, I paid the same price you did. $195 for the slave cyl. I also bought a T/O bearing at autozone. for Like 30 bucks or so.. Autozone saved the day! :2tu: