WTB Paxton for my GTS!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carefull.
Paxton on a Gen II is not plug and play. Should have advice from experienced person prior to beginning project.
Do not know your personal expertise in superchargers, so if you have the capabilities and experience, enjoy the boOST!

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Carefull.
Paxton on a Gen II is not plug and play. Should have advice from experienced person prior to beginning project.
Do not know your personal expertise in superchargers, so if you have the capabilities and experience, enjoy the boOST!

I was under the impression if you bought a new kit, installed it yourself and followed the directions carefully you were good to go. I realize he is talking about used. But curiousity has set in.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was under the impression if you bought a new kit, installed it yourself and followed the directions carefully you were good to go. I realize he is talking about used. But curiousity has set in.

As with any SC, you really should get it properly tuned after the fact, and there are a few details that may help with install and longevity from someone with experience. IMO, the Gen-2 is far safer to "plug and play" than the Gen-3 kits with their OEM computer ticking time-bombs that need to be removed via re-flash which no one really mentions.

Last edited:
OP
OP

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carefull.

Don't think because I don't have a big flashy "VENOM" logo on my avatar or a member since 2000 that I don't know my way around the car. I probably know more (much more) about Vipers and their tuning characteristics than you do. No offense, but please don't come in here and hijack my thread by talking too me like I am an ignorant 3-year old. You now have everyone in here posting off topic!

Final GTS, could you please PM me some details on the one you know of? Thanks!

Last edited:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think because I don't have a big flashy "VENOM" logo on my avatar or a member since 2000 that I don't know my way around the car. I probably know more (much more) about Vipers and their tuning characteristics than you do. No offense, but please don't come in here and hijack my thread by talking too me like I am an ignorant 3-year old. You now have everyone in here posting off topic!

That was uncalled for. ***, Paul acknowledged he didn't know your experience level - I read it as just trying to help by illuminating in case you were a beginner. Sheesh.

OP
OP

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was uncalled for. ***, Paul acknowledged he didn't know your experience level - I read it as just trying to help by illuminating in case you were a beginner. Sheesh.

Again, another off topic post. If he wanted to enlighten me, he should have PM'd.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem.

My sig should really say member since 1996 : >)

I had a 96 GTS, and was Past President of the Southern California Region, National DAL and Zone Director too.

We saw lots of Gen II's with Paxton Superchargers, and some of them really made serious power, however this was just during the development stage, and some of them went Klabooie!

Paxton never really made a well developed kit for these cars, so most were either backyard deals, or from some of the more talented tuners.

No offense for original poster, but just wanted to put it out there, that these were not easy-peasy bolt on rigs.

I had a Gen III (03) Paxton kit, installed by DC Performance in LA that was pretty well sorted out, and gave me 40,000 miles of trouble free excitement. That unit was more of a plug & play, just needed some dyno time after bolt on to set the air/fuel balance. Came with air to water heat exchanger, plumbing into the engine oil supply for cooling and lubrication, extra fuel pumps and a controller to back out timing as the boost built.

One of our members, here in San Diego has a sweet Gen II with a Paxton, making almost 1,000. It has a water/**** injection system to keep things safe. It was put together by Todd at A&C Performance in Temecula.

It would be worth a call to Todd (site advertiser) to see if he can source you a proven setup, at a good price.

Best of succes in obtaining a Paxton for your Viper. They are out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery