Yeah Baby, It's GTS Time!

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah Baby, It\'s GTS Time!

Yeah Baby, It's GTS Time!
Sold the 94, now it's time for a GTS Coupe!
bounce.gif

I've been waiting to post this and now that the deal is basicly complete, I figured it's time. I delivered the 94 to the transporter yesterday and now all that left to do is to ship a few extras and the paperwork to the buyer (in Minnesota).

I'm heading up to Chicago to check out a 98 GTS tommorrow (playing hooky from work).
If it checks out okay I'll be driving it home!
BURNOUT.gif

It'll be time to change the avatar soon.
smile.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Yeah Baby, It\'s GTS Time!

Looking forward to seeing some pics. How about some pics of the trip home. Let us know your opinions between Gen I and Gen II

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rich, I don't want to be a buttinski but what did you get for your RT/10? Ballpark numbers of course. I have a 94 RT/10 w/13K miles that I want to trade up for a GTS as well. I apologize if I'm being too nosey, but I just want to price my car accordingly. Thanks.

OP
OP
R

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks for reminding me to take a camera Chuck, I probably would have forgotten one otherwise.
BURNOUT.gif

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rich,

Congratulations. You going to drive that bad boy over so I can check it out? Going to drive it to the Mopar nats? We may caravan with you this year.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Rich,
Nice choice! Keep that GTS top speed down on your way home from Chicago.
laugh.gif
Post pics please.

OP
OP
R

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'll be posting pics ASAP when I get back tommorrow (providing everything has been honestly described about the car).

A Carfax search came up clean on the car and the service history I had run at the dealer looked good.
smile.gif

So more than likely it's a done deal!
BURNOUT.gif

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You will be astounded that a car that looks so similar will perform so drastically different.

OP
OP
R

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I had hoped to be posting pics of a freshly purchased 98 GTS Coupe, but I came back home irritated and empty handed after spending 15 hours on the road.
pissed.gif

I spent part of the drive sitting on the side of the road waiting out a heavy rain storm. It was bad enough that you couldn't see the road in front of us. We watched someone literally drive off the road into a ditch at about 20mph because they couldn't see where the were going.

When the seller asked what I thought of the car I said "I feel like I've been really let down".
I was told the the car had "New" Pilots Sport tires on it, the rears were basicly worn out (worn down to the wear bars in the tread).

I asked if it had ever been wrecked, I was told no.
It appeared to me that the front end has had some type of accident damage repair. The front fascia has been painted and has a poor fit to the hood on the right side.

I asked about any chips and scratches on the car (I expect a few on the front end on any 19K mile car), I was told that there really weren't any except on the underside of the front fascia.
But there were scratches all the way to the metal on the top of the side sills on both sides (more than likely from people dragging their shoes on them.

Both right side wheels were curbed.

The car also just had that "Run Hard and Put Away Wet" feel about it.

My gut instinct was to walk away from the deal, so that what I did.

Maybe I'm wrong about the car, but there are others for sale out there and I'm not willing to take that kind of a chance for something that costs that much money.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Smart move to walk away Rich. That could have been an "impulse" buy that could have cost you later. You have some strong restraint, especially after having driven so far. I'll keep my eyes open for a GTS down here in So Cal. What year/color are you looking for? I know of several Blue/white GTS's w/less than 4K miles on them.-Jonathan

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah to bad you werent ready to buy when mine was for sale. This was a perfect viper that went to West Virginia. Talked to the new owner via email and he is totally happy with it. He wired me the money with only seeing pictures ( he was lucky I am an honest man, cause I could never do that) and you are only about 20 minutes from me and I would have been able to see it from time to time. GOSH I MISS THAT CAR!!! I decided to wait till my babies are a tad older to get my next one (kids 21 months and 3 months)they just take up a lot of time when they need so much attention. When they can get in the passanger seat and ride my heartache of not owning a viper will be over!!

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rich,

Not that it helps now, but I would have been glad to go see the car and give it a once over before you came all the way out here. I'm sure a number of others here in the area would have been willing to also.

Which dealership had the car?

Good luck in your search...

OP
OP
R

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BWoodbury:
Rich,

Not that it helps now, but I would have been glad to go see the car and give it a once over before you came all the way out here. I'm sure a number of others here in the area would have been willing to also.

Which dealership had the car?

Good luck in your search...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was a privately owned car.

I may take you up on looking at a car for me, if there's another one in your area.

Thanks To Everyone, Rich

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte