Yellow SRT 10???

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not heard a definite NO or YES. Every time this subject gets brought up it's the same mix of yes & no responses.

You must be registered for see images

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Save the sapphire for 2005, since Emerald came first. Always remember, Austin, one of the most important Dodge Viper laws is that red must be available all years. It's right after Vipers must never be outperformed by Corvettes.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about Mustard yellow, pale yellow, guldens yellow, and red? Also, I'm worried about the C6....estimates are at 425 for the base car and 500 for the Z06. If it weighs the same as a C5, we just may have a vette trounce our snake.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry, it's just Bob Lutz getting the performance out of the Viper that he wanted. He said before he left "Never let the Corvette beat a Viper".

BTW, where is Duncan, SC. I went to college in Myrtle Beach last semester. I'm going to N. MB next weekend (June 30th)

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am positive. RED,BLACK,WHITE. It is a very nice white,but its no yellow. There is a white car at the plant right now. If the white doesn't go well early,it will be a very limited run,and the replacement color is race yellow. This is very up to date info,as of 330est on june20.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
OFFICIAL 2004 COLORS:

RED
BLACK
SILVER
WHITE

PVO is determined to have a variety of colors available to the Viper Nation. These are the official colors initiating the 2004 model year. (...and of course, ONE RACE YELLOW RAFFLE VIPER)

There is no official determination as to whether more will be added.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperzilla, Duncan is near the mountains, a LONG way from the beach!

If PVO is determined to have a variety, four colors ain't it. It's the second year and not even the color (yellow) a lot of people have been asking (begging) for. It really doesn't take that much effort to change the paint color at the suppliers....flush the lines then hook the hose to the next drum. A variety offered to us might be 10 colors.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Joe,

Show us your clout as El Presidento Superiorio, as Silver was not supposed to be done again, it pops up, and we have legions of folks screaming for yellow. Our orders are yellow , followed by white, and of course yellow is not being done. PVO has a easy task with marketing here, as the throngs have spoken. Get Yellow for color numero quatro and you will be enshrined by Snakesters everywhere. This is your task El Head Honcho, so, heck...............just have them check our wonderful board and they will see how much pent up demand there is for yellow.

PS - Otherwise I fear Hans Christian Jensen and others will be picketing the plant dressed up as large egg yolks with legs.

Yellow is Mellow, unless not done, and then we have many an angry Fellow.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well put Bill! Do they NOT ask fellow Viper owners for color choices and what colors they would like to see? Arent former and current Viper owners the ones that buy up most of the Vipers anyway? I think DC should be asking this board for color choices, NOT leaving it upon themselves to pick the colors.

Austin

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe they changed last time from gray to black because of an outcry, and it turns out that black was a true winner. Them fine folks at DC should be able to listen again, I would hope.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ARGH @#$#@$@%#%#

I am so PIS.....ED RIGHT NOW - I/WE ARE SO MANY THAT WANT YELLOW !@$##@%%#$%

DAMMMM IT -

Joe, please; is this set in stone. I mean, we are so many that actually have had YELLOW PRE-orders with our 1st class dealers (bill P/Woodhouse in my case) for the longest time. I mean, how difficult can it be to add one more color. Does Dodge need a minimum of cars for this to make sense to them (I am sure our YELLOW demand would out number silver and/or white any day of the week).

ANYWAYS, I hope we haven't heard the last on this - JOE please use you pull here !!! give us yellow lovers some good news to work with.

Thanks

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want yellow. But I have to let you all know my opinion why yellow isn't on the "variety" list. Yellow is difficult. Color match from different suppliers (mirrors come from one source, bumper covers from another, SMC panels from one more, door handles, fuel lids...) I have much experience with this seeing 650+ cars come off the line every day, in 20+ colors, not including special orders. White is easy, yellow is a be ach. I wonder if there is a yellow SL55? Hey, even Chevy seems to be abled to do it on the Z06.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow is a PITA, but so is silver. My 98 was held up at the factory for MONTHS while they were trying to get fascias that would fit it correctly.

They have done yellow for 2 different models before (old RT and new GTS) so why not for the SRT? It's technically possible.

I think the marketing geeks got too much say in this one... the PVO guys ought to go back with the poll results and get this mistake changed.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will buy one if it is Yellow!

Comments like those have to cause alot of awareness,as this is just the kind of data Marketing is looking for - I assume.

This little old cornfed country boy in Kneebrasky just figures when Snakeaholics want something, it is probably prudent to do it quickly, as like all consumers they may change their minds in the future. Right now you guys/gals want Yellow, so I say...
"Please PVO, do yellow, as though I personally like Silver, I haven't seen clammering throngs beating their fists on the kitchen tables of America banging away for YELLOW!" These folks are all furious , so be fast and strike while the pocketbooks are out. Go for Yellow and make Hans a happy fellow, or this stubborn Dane , I am afraid will become a really big pain.

Poetry courtesy of my new Book .......Rhyming on the John Deere, drinking a Beer, getting ready to cut me some Steers.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no question that yellow afficianados are the most vociferous. But are they the most plentiful is another question. How did yellow sales compare in the years it was produced? And what was the average inventory time? Those would be questions that DC would review and impact a color choice.

For me it does not matter as the wife is absolutely against yellow (must be a female thing).

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no question that yellow afficianados are the most vociferous. But are they the most plentiful is another question. How did yellow sales compare in the years it was produced? And what was the average inventory time? Those would be questions that DC would review and impact a color choice.

Statistically, the cries of a forum are not true representations of what the population wants. They are, as you said, the ones with the loudest voice. They are only a small percentage of the total. Now if we had every Viper owner and Viper fan registered on this forum, and they all voted - that would be different. But that is hardly the case.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960