Yellowing on rocker panel from heat??

Reaction score
I started my GT2 up today and let it run for about 15 to 20 minutes in the garage with the door open. When I shut it off I noticed some yellowing on the rocker panel right in front of the door. Has anyone ever experienced this or is it only noticeable because it is white?

ceieio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not right in front of the door... I had some yellowing at the very front that was covered by the hood when closed. I remember a post in the past where someone had yellowing in the door area that occured relativly quickly. As I recall the cause was a plugged / defective cat causing heat buildup and rapid discoloration...

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heat, get hiflo cats. prior to hiflo cats (really shows on silver)i had my rockers painted twice; thankfully under warranty

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normal. My red side sills are beyond discoloring, the paint is flaking off. But I have 66K miles on it.

I would pull the rockers, paint the inside with VHT paint. I've heard of folks wrapping the cat in header wrap.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't pull the insulation, I learned that the hard way.

Painted inside of sill with POR15, ceramic coated everything inside and out,and dropped my burnt to a crisp side sill insulation.

What was only a slight yellowing at the inside edge of the sill turned into full yellowing after a track event.

I repainted them, put the charred insulation back on and so far so good, although I suspect a track event where you are flagged off and then shut off would be a worse case for heat soak, the temp gauge was pegged on the track. I let a little idle time but didn't help much. Some say the idle temps are obscene as well as no air flow.

I have high flows Roe ovals for all of the above for reference.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a well known 'fault', and shows up more on different colored paint schemes, i've had mine resprayed under warranty after replacing the OE cats. Rocker sill temperature is greatly reduced and I can keep my hand on them even after a long run