Yet another new member, says Hello

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello guys (and ladies?). I just picked up my 2001 GTS two weeks ago, although I've been trolling the board for a few months. I joined the VCA the week before my car arrived. My previous experience, mostly, has been with the BMW CCA, although I've done other crazy things in previous lives. I have a Dinan supercharged M3 that is worked over pretty good, and have done 5 previous Driving Schools with that club (Gingerman and Road America). I can't wait to get this thing on a road course -- it's a completely different animal and I need to relearn high performance driving all over again. I do most of my own wrench turning, and plan on brakes as the first upgrade--the car is plenty fast for now. What amazes me most, besides the raw power of the Viper, is the attention it attracts. Maybe too much so (I don't have much in common with the 12 year old boys that converge on my car). Anyway, I'm in the Chicago suburbs; hope to meet you all on the boards at least, if not in person, and thanks in advance. I love this car!
--Manoj

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Thats a really sweet color you picked. Just remember, these Snakes CAN and WILL bite! Press the GO pedal when going around the corners like theres an egg under your foot. :D

Austin

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I just joined the ranks of Viper ownership too. I'm still getting used to mine and learning the ropes of driving a very fast snake. I've always looked from the outside in, It feels a lot better on this side :) . I intend to have my share of racing but I guess I'll need to learn to respect what I have first.

- Lou

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely upgrade the brakes for the road courses. I have Stoptechs and highly recommend them. Congrats on the car!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright!!! Another track rat! A very special welcome to you! Sign up for some www.ViperDays.com events. You'll love it.

Here's a partial supplier list that I highly recommend...

Tator's Dodge
Chuck Tator Viper Wizard
914-763-3136
[email protected]

Doug Levin Motorsports
305-249-RACE (7223)
[email protected]

Great Brakes
Steve Pasztor
972-743-9443

CC Wheel
(386) 258-0083
(888) 577-0144
John Purner

Roe Racing
904-733-5469
[email protected]

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I just joined the ranks of Viper ownership too. I'm still getting used to mine and learning the ropes of driving a very fast snake. I've always looked from the outside in, It feels a lot better on this side :) . I intend to have my share of racing but I guess I'll need to learn to respect what I have first.

- Lou

new owner with a DLM car?? sorry to hijack.

welcome to the club, there are other boards out there as well....

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, your avatar is hilarious!!! Cops have *mostly* left me alone when playing with the Viper. Second, what Chuck 98 RT/10 said!! Good to see another Il Viper owner here. You're gonna love this car!!

Tracy

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper world. Everyone on the board is very helpful so if you have a question ask away. My new 2002 Red GTS should arrive in 2 weeks and I cant fricken wait..Good luck and be careful with your new toy!!!

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I knew I'd get a warm welcome from trolling the boards. I appreciate the list of suppliers. Actually the Stoptechs are exactly what I was looking at. Maybe I will lower the car a little at the same time (the wheel well openings are outrageous). By the way, I liked the "Fishtail" handle as well -- how appropriate!
I'll try this photo one more time, better ones to follow...
318First_Photo.JPG