You guys let anyone else drive your Viper?

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Took my wife for a ride in the Viper a few weeks back. She hates it. Says it's too loud, to bumpy and too low! Guess I won't have to worry about her asking for the keys to my car :2tu: . Even if she did like it, I'd really have a hard time handing the keys over to her :smirk: .

Bat™

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yup, my wife is the same way, shes been in it twice in a year, and has never driven it(which is ok with me)

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wifes afraid of them. She absolutely LOVES to go on cruises though. :headbang: The RT when it's warm the sun is out and the GTS when it's cool.

Only others to drive are either supervised by me or a fellow club member with experience in snakes!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
"You guys let anyone else drive your Viper?"....yes and no... Wife and I swap Vipers back and forth...AND, we have one close, trusted family friend that has driven them on MANY occasions. He and our Viper Tech are the ONLY other folks that we consider "within our Viper family". PERIOD.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only person to drive my car except for my tech is my dad...he is partly responsible for me being alive, so i figure i owe him. My mom is manual transmission skilled deliquent, so I dont have to worry about her asking. My last gf wanted me to teach her to drive a manual on the Viper...arent they cute when they're psycho?

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HELLLLLLLLL NO. Funny story, I was at a gas station last week and a hot **** asked me, "WOW, what that cost you 200k, I sure would like to ride that".. HMMMM

arian23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I let a couple of my friends drive it and I let my bother in law borrow it (he 21 yrs old). He has actually had it for over a week now. The only reason for that is that i don't have a garage right now to put it in and its been raining in the Bay Area so I put it in his garage.Hes also doing some work on it for me like oil change, cleaning the air filters and detailing it. You only live life once let people enjoy it. I trust him so its all good. You cant be all up tight and say no. Plus when you do let someone drive it especially when the person is a car enthusiast it makes them happy and they will remember that forever.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Friends - Yes
Wife - No (She cant reach the pedals anyway and I'm not tipping that there is a solution...)
Friends - No-No
All Others - Forgetaboutit!

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car sitting low is a big reason why I wouldn't want other people to drive my car. Besides the car feels much faster in the passenger seat so that's a good place for others.

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some times wife and I trade cars but most of the time
she drives hers and I drive mine,as for the rest of the
world "NO"!!

Skeeter

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wife drove it home with me from nebraska when i bought it. she drove for a few hours the first day when i got tired and wanted to make it another state closer to home.

she drove it a couple few times in the summer but is kinda scared of hurting my car and for that reason she doesnt like to drive it anymore.

i also let a couple few good friends who i know can drive, take it out. one of them i let take it out to dinner with his wife and returned it a day later. but i obviously really trust HIM..:)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've let a few friends drive it. The wife loves to drive it, but she doesn't drive enough to really get comfortable with it. I try to encourage her to drive it more knowing she’ll then encourage me to put more money into it:)

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife drives it any time she want. I let most people who ask Drive if I'm with them ,,, But only three of my closest friends have ran the 1/4 mile at a test and tune day.

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wife is an excellent passenger. She could drive it however she is too afraid of any type of damage, particularly to the wheels. Only other person is the Viper tech, (PBJ).

I don't know who I should provide the authorship of the following quote in response to all others..."not only no, but hell no".

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have let a lot People drive it. My friends, my wife, My Dad, drove it and once I let a complete stranger drive it. The complete stranger loved cars and begged me for a ride. I was happy to take him for a drive. He was so excited just to ride I had to let him take it for a spin. It was just around the block. But it was a drive I am sure he will never forget. :2tu:

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sure, its just a car. I have let several friends and family drive it. Heck, even Andrew (USPWR) has driven my car.
I could have swore I heard him mumbling something about my car being faster than his! :nana: :D

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper tech (PBJ) drives it
My dad
my brother
and i'll let a few close friends and cousins drive it but i'll be sitting shotgun :)
MAYBE i'll let them take it out by themselves just so i can hear the car from an outside perspective and see it driving down the road.

RainMaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad to hear that other viper owner's wives feel the same as mine.

She hates it!!! LOL Seats too hard to get in and out off, feels claustrophobic,
the car is too loud, hot, smells like exhausts, lists goes on and on. She doesn't like riding in it, much less want to drive it. I am safe there.

I have not let anybody else drive my car just because I am still breaking it in.

I have several friends that I trust who I WOULD let them drive it after I break the car in. It's only because they own exotics or other high end automobiles that demand the same type of care.

When I first got the car I offered a few family memebers a chance to drive it, and they all said NO!

Intimidation factor. People who RESPECT that type of power in an automobile are the ones less likely to abuse it. (I might be wrong on this).

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last year at the Woodhouse driving school at Sebring I met a young college kid who was one of the teachers and went to UNF here in Jacksonville. I took him on a 120 mile cruise on a Saturday a few months later and let him drive the whole trip. He is the only one other than Sean Roe to have driven my car.

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure, no biggie. Soccer moms are driving SUVs that cost more than my used viper. Not like its an Enzo, Carrera GT yada yada...

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife takes the car all the time. She loves it. I'll let just about anyone drive it as long as I am riding shotgun. I find people are very respectful and afraid of the car to go crazy. I don't let anyone drive it long enough to get confident and comfortable.

Exept my wife.

Jeff

npeifer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife likes to drive it from time to time probably because she likes the attention, however she has a small issue with reaching the pedals as well.

What is the solution to this other than her stufing a large jacket behind her for some support ?

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I let everybody who can drive a standard drive it if they ask.

Same here. It's just a car (and a Dodge, at that). If something breaks, I would replace it, same as any other car.