You guys let anyone else drive your Viper?

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wife drives mine (ours) from time to time. She took it to lunch with the girls last summer, before anyone knew about the car. Good for awe factor.
Bro's driven it, I drove his...lots, before I found mine.
I heard from my wife that my father in law was glad I didn't ask him to drive it, said he was intimidated. This from a guy with a '63 409 4spd, a '58 Impala tri-power.
My buddy has driven it a couple of times, he had a Stealth R/T and he's been to Russel driving school so he knew what he was doing, sort of. :-}

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure, its just a car. I have let several friends and family drive it. Heck, even Andrew (USPWR) has driven my car.
I could have swore I heard him mumbling something about my car being faster than his!

My wife actually come home the other day with a tale of having blown the doors off some lady in a 911! :-(WTH.
I was speechless, It’s like your kid coming home telling you he beat up the school bully, your proud of him but don’t want to encourage it:)
She said the lady started it, but she finished it. Atta girl:)

Vipera

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I usually let a friend of mine drive it who owns a Z06. We fight tooth and nail when we are together about which car is better, faster, ect. ect... but when we go somewhere and I toss him my keys to let him drive, his face lights up like a Christmas tree, I think we both know what's what. :2tu:

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have let all my friends and family drive it pretty much at will, but I am usually with them, Hell they ask me to take their kids for a ride while we are at a picnic or something I just throw them the keys, and say "becareful, rear tires spin at slightest acceleration and the car has a tendency to to spin ot" so they are usually afraid of paying for any repairs that they don't do anything real stupid when I am not there.

FANGS/Indiana

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wife likes fast cars and is a good driver so she drives our Vipers if and when she wants. I was sure to school her on the dangers of hitting the loud peddle at the wrong times. She likes to go fast but only on straight open roads so feel like she's safer with the car than I am. My boys(23&25)drive the cars at times but I try to limit it because I'm sure the testostorone could get the best of them at times and mostly I don't want to see them get hurt by getting out of shape in a bad spot. We have all gone though the Skip Barber course and that helps ease my nerves some. A few friends have driven our Vipers but only with me in the car again I don't want to get a call that someone is hurt the car can be fixed sometimes the friends can't!

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife likes to drive it from time to time probably because she likes the attention, however she has a small issue with reaching the pedals as well.

What is the solution to this other than her stufing a large jacket behind her for some support ?
I had Venzano make a "bolster" when he did my interior.

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I let my older brother drive it whenever he wants, but it is with the agreement that he must pick me up from the airport whenever I travel alone, I just miss my car when I'm away.

I let one of my co-worker's husband (he used to own a '71 Cuda) drive it last Friday, she came back saying how happy he was the entire weekend. He would tell the same story repeatedly to everyone he talked to.

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No one yet. My wife is just happy to look on it. In it twice and hated it. Too loud and too low. But my daughter is looking forward to drive it when she get her license. I told her when she get old enough....then maybe.

96GTS232

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after bad experience with inspection idiots, i trust no one!!! except chuck tator of course...the reason why i make the 4 hour trip for service.

iowaviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi, My wife hates mine, only rode in it 1 time in 5 Years. I let my son take to get the oil changed in spring, he's 24., Thats it NO-ONE else. I let people at car shows set in it or give them a ride if they want.

SidewinderGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife likes being in it,no interest in driving it. :2tu:
My brother asked to drive it,I had to say no.No one should ask to drive a car like this.

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned three different GTS's and my wife has only been in one. Forget about driving it, could care less.