You know what really grinds my gears...

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Door slammers...on the passenger side of my '95, RT/10. Why in black hole's hell do you need to slam my car door as if it weighed a metric ton!? It fiberglass! There's no air cushion like in the cab of a normal car! :nono: Anybody else have this problem? It makes me shiver and I'm always mid sentence, "Be careful closing that do...WHAM!!" it slams harder than the back of God's head. :mad:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always tell people "barely close it, it doesn't weigh anything". Most people do ok, but a few still close it like they're getting in a Cadillac Escalade. And yes, it irks me BIG time when people do slam it. It sounds like the whole door is gonna fall off the car!

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL, just happened to me, with my wife :omg: she just forgets, guess some people just don't think about it but it drives me crazy too.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
everyone that gets in and out of all my cars knows, dont slam the door, dont touch the paint or windows, and dont drag your ass across the bolster gettin in and out!!! lol

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, had someone slam my pass door hard enough that the slight sag it had at the time (just bought it) caused the door lip about halfway up the back edge to contact one of the body rivets in the sill and cause the paint to chip. That was a fun day.

:usa: Nick :usa:

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember, most folks think of a car as an appliance...it gets you from here to there.

Folks that love cars won't slam doors.

Chad has the best solution -- "let me get that door for you". He's a Southern Gentleman, just too modest to admit it. :)

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya and im a midwest monster, and you will get ur ass handed to you if you slam my door

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, same here. Hate it.
I definitely think the verts are more susceptible with no air pocket to buffer the actions of the oblivious! :D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but what realy grinds my gears is the reverse on my car. :)

I had that same problem. I needed a new transmission lol

Chad has the best solution -- "let me get that door for you". He's a Southern Gentleman, just too modest to admit it. :)

I am, but only if that meant anything these days! Plus, the phrase "Let me get that door for you" sounds so much nicer than "I don't trust you to shut a door the right way" :rolaugh: Guys get the warning "you slam that door, I'm going to open it, put your head in it and then I'm gonna slam it" :D

ya and im a midwest monster, and you will get ur ass handed to you if you slam my door

:rolaugh::D:lmao:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've found over the years that a simple "Please, close the door gently." does the trick. I'll also add a "Check out how lightweight the door is. Just close it easy and it'll latch."

I don't know how Chad does it! My car usually just attracts car nuts and unfortunately, men. :crazy2:

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I usually forget to say anything and wammm...I look and think, at least the glass didnt break. :omg:

OP
OP
S

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've found over the years that a simple "Please, close the door gently." does the trick. I'll also add a "Check out how lightweight the door is. Just close it easy and it'll latch."

I don't know how Chad does it! My car usually just attracts car nuts and unfortunately, men. :crazy2:

This is true. It’s been my experience that the women don't throw themselves at you while you're driving it around...too cliche. In fact, you don’t have to drive it at all. Nonchalantly bring it up in a conversation while you’re drinking your a** off with a floosy at the bar:

Me: “…Nope, never been married. Just bought my dream car and can’t afford a wife right now.”

Cheap floosy: “Oh really!? What kind of car did you get?”

Me: “It’s a Dodge…well here, I’ll show you a picture.”

(Optional) Cheap floosy: “You have a picture of your car on your phone?”

(Optional) Me: “My sister lives in (make up location) and she asked for a picture…haven’t deleted it yet.”

Cheap floosy: “Sweet, I’m jealous…when can you take me for a ride?”

(Multiple Choice) Me: “Tomorrow morning.”
“Let’s split a cab.”
“As soon as you take me for a ride.”

Take them back to their car the next morning. Seriously though…tried and true, through and through. :devgrin:

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If its a girl, I normally open and close the door for them anyway. not b/c I'm a gentleman but b/c I don't wanna call Tator or Jon B and have to order a new door :D

With your rep I would have thought you were helping the lady so you could watch her negotiating that wide hot doorsill. :)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its mainly a luck thing. "I'd rather be lucky than good" :) Then, some girls couldn't care less about it. I have a friend who actually likes my DD Eclipse more. In her words "I like cars w/some space in them". That would definitely be open to interpretation but the Eclipse backseat wouldn't even hold a set of golf clubs, so not enough space for any extra curricular activities :D

This is true. It’s been my experience that the women don't throw themselves at you while you're driving it around...too cliche. In fact, you don’t have to drive it at all. Nonchalantly bring it up in a conversation while you’re drinking your a** off with a floosy at the bar:

Me: “…Nope, never been married. Just bought my dream car and can’t afford a wife right now.”

Cheap floosy: “Oh really!? What kind of car did you get?”

Me: “It’s a Dodge…well here, I’ll show you a picture.”

(Optional) Cheap floosy: “You have a picture of your car on your phone?”

(Optional) Me: “My sister lives in (make up location) and she asked for a picture…haven’t deleted it yet.”

Cheap floosy: “Sweet, I’m jealous…when can you take me for a ride?”

(Multiple Choice) Me: “Tomorrow morning.”
“Let’s split a cab.”
“As soon as you take me for a ride.”

Take them back to their car the next morning. Seriously though…tried and true, through and through. :devgrin:

Tonight may end up being a ******* night. If so, I'm gonna have to give this one a whirl :D

With your rep I would have thought you were helping the lady so you could watch her negotiating that wide hot doorsill. :)

True story....

We were about to leave a GA VCA event and this older member comes over to me:

Him: You know to hold the door open for your date
Me: Yep, I know
Him: you can look up her skirt that way
Me: LOL
Him: I'm going to be right behind you when you are holding the door for her
Me: LOL

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
More importantly, is that your residence in the background of your avatar!? That’s pretty sweet.

LOL, no, that is the water company here in Louisville, but I can see now from the little pic it looks like Graceland lol. I did a photo shoot in front of it one night, great backdrop for car pics. I have a blown up version framed in the garage and a few others that came out that day.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had just fitted new brushed aluminium inner door sills to my GTS, a couple of weeks later I was giving joy rides to paying passengers for charity, when it came time for the passengers to dismount from the car they were helped out by volunteer marshals, Having 5 point harnesses did not help but the very first run out the marshals slammed the door shut trapping the buckle of the harness across my brand new side sills :curse:

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had just fitted new brushed aluminium inner door sills to my GTS, ...the marshals slammed the door shut trapping the buckle of the harness across my brand new side sills :curse:

Ouch! Frustrating, to say the least.

Unrelated topic: FB, did you find time to install that Hurst shifter?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch! Frustrating, to say the least.

Unrelated topic: FB, did you find time to install that Hurst shifter?
Sorry not yet, car is off the road now for winter and its on my to do list .....Which is rather BIG! Mega busy at work, currently doing 7day weeks, no breaks :( I should be able to relax and get a few things done in January! Will post up pics and install guide ;)