Z06 smokes Viper 0-60 in 3.4 seconds

R

RTED

December Car and Driver matches Z06 to Viper Coupe on track tests, 1/4 mile, etc. Viper handles track with ease while Z06 handling is questionable......thats the good news. The bad news is that the Z06 wins hands down in all other categories, 0-60, 1/4 mile, track time, etc. Can you believe the Z06 is turning 0-60 in 3.4 seconds? I would bet that the GM boys stacked the cards with a specially prepared Z06. Hard to believe these numbers if the car used in these tests was a TRUE production run vehicle. If so......our Dodge boys better get there act toghether soon because the Viper is no longer King of the road in performance! :confused:

V

venms96

The new Z06 is a great performer, no doubt about that.

But for LOOKS and simplicity ........still prefer the Viper.

Venms96
1996 GTS Stock

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The benchmark for the new Z06 was obviously the Viper. I'm sure they made the performance the same or better.

But it's still only a Vette. One of the masses.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rted:You rarely post then you post this chit? Do we really care? It still is a good grocery getter though...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must've been a crappy driver. I saw the new Z06 do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds bone stock. I happen to be standing across the street of a GM dealer and saw a guy walk in, buy the car and drive off. I just happen to have a stopwatch in my pocket so I timed him. 2.9 seconds! No lie!

So I ran over to the Chevy dealer and bought three Z06s on the spot. One for the street, one for the dragstrip and one for the track.

red98RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
another recent article on the Z06 said it went 0-60 in 4.2 to the SRT's 4.0. I'll have to find where I read that. But again....it's still only a vette. :headbang:

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must've been a crappy driver. I saw the new Z06 do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds bone stock. I happen to be standing across the street of a GM dealer and saw a guy walk in, buy the car and drive off. I just happen to have a stopwatch in my pocket so I timed him. 2.9 seconds! No lie!

So I ran over to the Chevy dealer and bought three Z06s on the spot. One for the street, one for the dragstrip and one for the track.

and then halued *** down the road to Walmart and bought a new stopwatch!

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks for the info Chuck.

I'm torchin my Viper tonight and going over to the Chevy dealer in the morning.

Carleton

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the info Chuck.

I'm torchin my Viper tonight and going over to the Chevy dealer in the morning.

Carleton

You won't be disappointed. Last night I ran a 9.9 in the quarter bone stock on streets. A set of slicks will definitely put this car in the 8s. Remove the cats and change the air filters and I'm in the 7s on pump gas. Headers will put me in the 6s. So for less than the cost of a Viper I can run 6.0@190mph. What a car!!!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you may be delusional...

Possible.

Or maybe I'm sarcastic and tired of trolls posting the same Z06 BS on Viper boards for the past year.

Now excuse me while I take one of my three new Z06s for a Saturday spin. I'm going to try and hit 210mph. I think it can do it.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you the same Chuck that is selling waterfront resort property in New Orleans ? LOL

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
The December MT indicates the following:
_________0-60_______1/4 MILE__________0-100
[email protected]________8.4
[email protected]________7.6
[email protected]________7.5

Clearly the Z06 is faster and the Ford GT is the fastest. As far as the Z06 0-60 time it was done without a shift to second gear "by spinning the engine to just a hair beyond the 7000 rpm redline". We'll see how long it can do that on the street before breaking! Off to Mr. Goodwrench....anybody know how to fix this thing? :confused: :eek: I'd do a few N/A mods on the SRT and stay bulletproof and smoke both the Z06 and the supercharged GT. :2tu:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
obviously, rted isn't using all of what the good lord gave him....... :rolleyes:

I agree w/ beating the dead horse, until the SAME driver drives BOTH cars on the SAME track on the SAME day,,,,, ****!!!!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm........wonder WHY the GT owners aren't over here talking smak.......?

If the Viper had a 6hp pull start Briggs and Stratton, I'd STILL have one, and yes, I have a new Z-06 on order..... to drive in the rain, but DEFINATELY NOT for the looks!

uh.........ther are a ton of cars that will tear a stock Viper a new one. This just happens to be one that most people can afford, and they will make anywhere from 3 to 7 THOUSAND of them a year.

It STILL looks like a C6 coupe that they make 25 to 35 THOUSAND a year of.

Hmmmmmmmm........let's see now....... what other car looks like a VIPER.......and how many Vipers do they make a year?

How long has the VIPER been on top?
I can't think of any of the 20 cars that I have had in my lifetime that were KING of the hill for TEN years!
Most of the time I would have a car that was oudated performance wize the VERY NEXT year!

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran over to the Chevy dealer and bought three Z06s on the spot. One for the street, one for the dragstrip and one for the track.

Why didn't you buy four? You should have one to detail the hell out of, for show use. Get out that toothbrush to detail your radiator fins!!

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a vette that makes vipers look stupid, lol...
Wow another white-trash troll coming over to the big-boy site. When your proud to be a Stang killer you have real issues son. Now get the f*** out!!! Oh and by the way a Viper on cinder blocks with the motor out of it and heavy hail damage will get more looks than your souped up grocery getter!!! :eek:

OP
OP
R

RTED

I didn't realize that you needed 1000+ posts on this website for your comments or opionion to matter, go figure?? Bottom line.....GM caught Dodge with their pants down. The Viper used to be king of the hill on both performance and looks for USA production vehicles. It's a shame that the new SRT is looking at the tailpipes of a Z06 unless significant mods to boost hp and tq are made. Make the same mods to the Z06 and then what....?? I am not suggesting that Vipers are not quick, however, someone please tell me what significant engine, performance and weight saving mods Dodge has made on the Viper in the last 4 -years??? Answer: NOTHING SIGNIFICANT / NOT ENOUGH! A Viper will ALWAYS be first in my mind on looks, but GM definitely caught Dodge with their pants down on performance.....You can't argue the facts!! Dodge better get their SH*$ together.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't realize that you needed 1000+ posts on this website for your comments or opionion to matter, go figure??

No but how many freaking times to we have to hear it (vette Z06 beats Viper ...)? Don't you think the first 500 posts on the topic would have covered it???

This is a VIPER board. Yes, the competition is important but the compoetition is not the topic here. The Viper is. Posts about the vette should be in the Driven section.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Maybe we need a "Vette" section! lol! Only viewable by Vette owners.

Please post replies to the ZO6 issue by the number, to save space and time.

1. (The Ferrari defense) My car is more exclusive, who cares if yours is faster, you're just trailer trash.

2. (The Mustang defense) For a lot less money, I can strap a rocket on the back of my slower car, and whip your ass, that is, as soon as my tax return comes in.

Vette owners/soon to be owners, also please post your thoughts by the letter-

A. You used to pull my underwear up over my ears in high school, well, now I'm back, and this car gives me bragging rights, so there!

B. We've been playing second fiddle to Vipers long enough, now its our 15 minutes of fame, and we're here to rub it in your face.

Dialog now only needs to look like a string of numbers and letters, like this-

<font color="red">A.</font>
<font color="blue">1.</font>
<font color="red">B.</font>
<font color="blue">2.</font>
<font color="red">A.</font>
<font color="blue">1.</font>
etc, etc.

Have fun with it! :rolleyes:

:D

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what is amazing to me is all of the regular c6 and all of the c5's want to break our balls like all of a sudden all the Vettes are now faster than Vipers. I say, bring em on!

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A shift will add .2 sec. to the 0-60 time which would put the vette and viper even.

Chuck, just think if you brought one of your Z's to TWS... I bet you could have taken another minute off your lap time!

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RTED
Great informational post but I think you need to take it
over to the Gen3 forum,this post has nothing to do with RT/10s
or GTS.

Skeeter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member