Z06 vs. 05 Viper (with 3 mods.)

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow!

This is some good read. The main point is why the heck do you corvette guys come on here and spill "stats" that all of us can read from some mags?

Here is what I know, not from reading the mags, from a roll, the winner will be the guy that jumps first. A Viper or Z06 will not pull on the other. That is fact cause I seen it.

Now, talk about corvette heritage. This is the ONLY reason why they are selling these cars. Don't even try to bring up some dumb stat about it being faster, etc... Cause all of us at one time or another in our lives have wanted a corvette, maybe some of us will not admit it, but before the Viper, there were no other options if you wanted a true American muscle car. Hence, when people have the money, the will get their "dream" car, that would be a corvette because these dreams were established way before 1992.

Now Fadi, my man...I know you are young man, so am I, so here it is. Just keep your Z06 and have fun and I'll keep my Vipers. But please do not be so confident that your Z06 will walk a Viper, just because one day you will meet someone that knows how to drive their car and the outcome will hurt your ego.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it when stats are posted. I rarely read the car magazines. I get my vehicle info from first-hand observations while driving.

Latest observation: 24" Size Matters <--displayed on fender of some pimped-out Ford Explode-ition.

Bling Bling, biotches

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted stats because it appears a lot of people don't know them. Honestly, I don't know a lot about the Viper's quarter mile times and trap speeds, in general. I only know the ones listed in magazines when they compared it to the Z06 and Ford GT, and only the Z06 stats stuck in my mind. I imagine it's the same thing for a lot of the Viper owners. They could care less about the FGT and Z06, but they will probably remember the Viper times, as well as know what several other owners have pulled down at the track.

I read this forum for "real world" information on the Viper. Not to mention, I wouldn't mind catching up with a bunch of locals at a car show. I am trying to put myself in the shoes of the guy who started this thread. And if I asked the same question on a Corvette forum, I would LOVE for a Viper owner to come chime in. In fact, I'd probably take his post(s) more seriously than the Corvette owner's.

But there are a lot of people on this board that just go NUTS when you mention the word "Corvette," and I do not understand it. The whole "take your Corvette and go home" attitude makes absolutely no sense to me. I know there are plenty of cool people with good information here, but you've got a few bad ones that give everyone a bad name.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I posted stats because it appears a lot of people don't know them. Honestly, I don't know a lot about the Viper's quarter mile times and trap speeds, in general. I only know the ones listed in magazines when they compared it to the Z06 and Ford GT, and only the Z06 stats stuck in my mind. I imagine it's the same thing for a lot of the Viper owners. They could care less about the FGT and Z06, but they will probably remember the Viper times, as well as know what several other owners have pulled down at the track.

I read this forum for "real world" information on the Viper. Not to mention, I wouldn't mind catching up with a bunch of locals at a car show. I am trying to put myself in the shoes of the guy who started this thread. And if I asked the same question on a Corvette forum, I would LOVE for a Viper owner to come chime in. In fact, I'd probably take his post(s) more seriously than the Corvette owner's.

But there are a lot of people on this board that just go NUTS when you mention the word "Corvette," and I do not understand it. The whole "take your Corvette and go home" attitude makes absolutely no sense to me. I know there are plenty of cool people with good information here, but you've got a few bad ones that give everyone a bad name.

Hey Buddy...how you been? Its A.J. You know it is the same on the Vette forums...you mention Viper...and the stuff starts. Car guys are loyal to their marque first, and that is the way it should be. However..you can't come on any forum like Fadi did...and expect to be greeted with open arms. He called me a liar.He made some bold and biased statements to other members. Not cool at all...but if he believes that, oh well. Anyway...hope all is well with you. Let me know if you want to get together for a couple of good car shows coming up in the next few weeks.

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
But there are a lot of people on this board that just go NUTS when you mention the word "Corvette," and I do not understand it. The whole "take your Corvette and go home" attitude makes absolutely no sense to me.

The problem is not that we hate corvette people, in fact, they are car guys just like us. But what really gets the Viper crowd or any crowd for that matter is people who own other brand of cars, come on here and say stuff like, the mags says this, my brother's girl friend's sister's boyfriend's mother's brother's father inlaw said that he raced a new Viper and he smoked him with his stock single horse carriage. This is when it become more and some will take it personal.

I can't say I every drove a corvette, but I can say I have raced a few of them and they are fast cars, but I figured out that I really don't care who has the fastest stock car, cause guess what...most of the Vipers out there are not "stock." It always ends up that the person with the most money or drive, will have the fastest car and I will be the first to admit that I am the poorest guy on here (even tho all cars including my Vipers have no lien on them).

So I put it this way, appreciate and want what you have, not want what you don't have. And always worry about the "what is" and not the "what ifs." Becuase I know that my Blue and White is not stock so I guess I really don;t have to worry about what the other crowd says...

BTW...I am glad that we are talking about Vettes and Vipers, not some lame rice racer (Supra, NSX, etc..). I can make that comment because I eat rice all the time... :D

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Funny you should mention Supras! Several years ago, when this site was an old BBS format, the Supra guys kept trying to justify their cars on the mod cost/vs/performance rewards basis. The Viper faithful responded with the standard "Yeah, but at the end of the day, its still a Poopra" And on it went. On and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

It got so bad, when you opened the site up in your browser, it was like "Oh, no not the Supra wars again today..."

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!

This is some good read. The main point is why the heck do you corvette guys come on here and spill "stats" that all of us can read from some mags?

Here is what I know, not from reading the mags, from a roll, the winner will be the guy that jumps first. A Viper or Z06 will not pull on the other. That is fact cause I seen it.

Now, talk about corvette heritage. This is the ONLY reason why they are selling these cars. Don't even try to bring up some dumb stat about it being faster, etc... Cause all of us at one time or another in our lives have wanted a corvette, maybe some of us will not admit it, but before the Viper, there were no other options if you wanted a true American muscle car. Hence, when people have the money, the will get their "dream" car, that would be a corvette because these dreams were established way before 1992.

Now Fadi, my man...I know you are young man, so am I, so here it is. Just keep your Z06 and have fun and I'll keep my Vipers. But please do not be so confident that your Z06 will walk a Viper, just because one day you will meet someone that knows how to drive their car and the outcome will hurt your ego.
I disagree with your entire post and there are several videos to prove it.

#1 The corvette would sell BUT NOT A 70K CORVETTE unless it was hella fast

#2 The vette can and has walked a viper, I dont know what the best stock 1/4 time for an SRT is but the average is pretty far .3 or so behind the vette and that means the vette can walk a viper. 300lbs and better gearing are in the favor of the vette.

I do agree that a really good SRT driver can and will beat an Z06.

LOL Lankhoss, if I had a SRT instead of a E39 M5 I would have smoked you at silverdollar on several occasions. Not because the car is faster, but because I was killing all of you guys out of the blocks. So it can and will happen that vettes will lose to SRT's

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow!

I disagree with your entire post and there are several videos to prove it.

#1 The corvette would sell BUT NOT A 70K CORVETTE unless it was hella fast

#2 The vette can and has walked a viper, I dont know what the best stock 1/4 time for an SRT is but the average is pretty far .3 or so behind the vette and that means the vette can walk a viper. 300lbs and better gearing are in the favor of the vette.

I do agree that a really good SRT driver can and will beat an Z06.

Not because the car is faster, but because I was killing all of you guys out of the blocks. So it can and will happen that vettes will lose to SRT's

Hey Blue:

Read my post, before you disagree so quickly and make yourself look like a fool. First off, I said that the guy who would win would be the guy that got the jump. Now that is the same thing you said above. I will tell you, if the Vet or Viper guy jumps, whom ever leaves first wins. I could car less how many videos you have, because for as many videos you have to prove it there are just as many times other have seen it without videos. Now, how many people you know who drives their cars with a video in hand recording every race they were in? Exactly.

Now, the other thing...do you not think for one bit that Heritage of the Vette has anything to do with them selling for 70K or 50K? For that matter why the heck do you think people pay 45- 50k for a corvette that did not come close to performing the way a Gen 2 Viper does? Do you know why a 70K corvette sells? Let me tell you what all the Vette guys are thinking...

Vette Owner 1: Dude! There is a Vette that can walk a Viper!
Vette Owner 2: Dude! It cost 70K, it is going for 10-15k over MSRP!
Vette Owner 1: Dude! Who cares, I can get a "Vette" that walks a Viper! Thats is what all the mags say!
Vette Owner 2: Dude! I am going to sell my C5, C4 and Stingray and buy me one!

Then these guys buy one...go out on the street and think they can "walk" Vipers, bad mistake. What they don't understand is that at 60 years of age, their reaction goes down the hill.

But what do I know, all the videos on the Vette form proves me wrong. All the vettes I spanked are actually VW bugs, I guess I could not tell because they disappeared too quickly in my rear view mirror. :buttkick:

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Buddy...how you been? Its A.J. You know it is the same on the Vette forums...you mention Viper...and the stuff starts. Car guys are loyal to their marque first, and that is the way it should be. However..you can't come on any forum like Fadi did...and expect to be greeted with open arms. He called me a liar.He made some bold and biased statements to other members. Not cool at all...but if he believes that, oh well. Anyway...hope all is well with you. Let me know if you want to get together for a couple of good car shows coming up in the next few weeks.

I never called you a liar. Here is what YOU said to me on Ferrarichat.com sometime ago when I was trying to decide between a Viper and Z06:

"I know you are still waiting for my report.lol. I just don't have time at the moment to do a detailed report. That being said...the only time you will get the advantage of the Z06's superior straightline performance is in a standing start. From a roll...anything over 25mph(street stuff), the Viper will prevail"

In other words, the Z06 is ONLY quicker from a dig, and not from a roll.

Here is another quote from you:

"Listen to me carefully. Unless you go from a "dig", the Z06 will not beat the Viper. On a roll of 25mph or over, where 99% of all street action takes place, the Viper will win every time, with equal drivers"

Again, indicating that the Z06 is only quicker from a dig. Now, lets look at what you said in THIS thread a few pages ago:

"The Z is slightly quicker...stock VS stock."

Meaning, you are now saying the Z06 is the quicker car, period, with no circumstances. Before, on the Ferrari forums, you said it was only faster from a dig.

All I said is that you said one thing before, and now saying something else. I am not calling you a liar, I never have. I am just saying that what you said before wasn't the same as what you are saying now. If you are going to get all upset about that, that is ok with me, I am just pointing out what YOU said.

I did not make any biased statements. I said that the Z06 is the quicker car, which is a fact, I said the Z06 dynos higher on average, which is very true based on many dynos I have seen from both cars, and I said the Viper traps at 121 on average, which is what I have seen in person and on this forum.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey AJ, how's it going? We definitely need to get together.

I might be getting things mixed up here. I don't feel I've said anything that has been offensive, but I've seen some pretty crappy comments towards Corvettes, and maybe I thought they were directed at me personally. I suppose the easiest thing for me to do is to say....I own a Z06, but I still want to come in here and chat with Viper guys. I also want to offer insight when the Z06 comes up, not necessarily cheerlead for the car.

Viper23, you are really going overboard. If you think that the #1 motivation for building the Z06 was beating the Viper, you are insane. People love the Z06 because it is an all 'round outstanding performance car. It is also filled with a list of "firsts" for the Corvette and GM. Of course lots of people were excited when it was faster than the Viper (read my other post), but that's not the REASON they loved the car. When I first drove mine, I realized at that point it was the best all 'round car I'd ever driven in my life.....hell, it's the best car I've been in, in my life. I don't care what it's faster or slower than, I will still feel that way about it.

And Blue....damn you!! That was my first time at a track, ever. Not to mention, that was my first time even trying to launch that car! I may have had better luck had I lowered the psi in my rear tires a little, I've heard that helps with traction. I know you're a better driver than me, but I'm not so sure getting low 12's in 100 degree weather would have been a piece of cake that day!! ;)

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper23, you are really going overboard. If you think that the #1 motivation for building the Z06 was beating the Viper, you are insane. People love the Z06 because it is an all 'round outstanding performance car. It is also filled with a list of "firsts" for the Corvette and GM. Of course lots of people were excited when it was faster than the Viper (read my other post), but that's not the REASON they loved the car. When I first drove mine, I realized at that point it was the best all 'round car I'd ever driven in my life.....hell, it's the best car I've been in, in my life. I don't care what it's faster or slower than, I will still feel that way about it.

Lank, my man...I don't know it is the #1 motivation, but let just say it is a VERY BIG MOTIVATION. I might be wrong, but if you check the GM's Big Dogs, you will find a guy name, Robert A. Lutz. I don't know where this guy came from but he is doing a heck of a job with how the new Z06 came to be and where it is heading... :bonker:

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Blue:

Read my post, before you disagree so quickly and make yourself look like a fool. First off, I said that the guy who would win would be the guy that got the jump. Now that is the same thing you said above. I will tell you, if the Vet or Viper guy jumps, whom ever leaves first wins. I could car less how many videos you have, because for as many videos you have to prove it there are just as many times other have seen it without videos. Now, how many people you know who drives their cars with a video in hand recording every race they were in? Exactly.

Now, the other thing...do you not think for one bit that Heritage of the Vette has anything to do with them selling for 70K or 50K? For that matter why the heck do you think people pay 45- 50k for a corvette that did not come close to performing the way a Gen 2 Viper does? Do you know why a 70K corvette sells? Let me tell you what all the Vette guys are thinking...

Vette Owner 1: Dude! There is a Vette that can walk a Viper!
Vette Owner 2: Dude! It cost 70K, it is going for 10-15k over MSRP!
Vette Owner 1: Dude! Who cares, I can get a "Vette" that walks a Viper! Thats is what all the mags say!
Vette Owner 2: Dude! I am going to sell my C5, C4 and Stingray and buy me one!

Then these guys buy one...go out on the street and think they can "walk" Vipers, bad mistake. What they don't understand is that at 60 years of age, their reaction goes down the hill.

But what do I know, all the videos on the Vette form proves me wrong. All the vettes I spanked are actually VW bugs, I guess I could not tell because they disappeared too quickly in my rear view mirror. :buttkick:

WRONG!!!!!! Who do you think would have bought the base c6, which doesnt perform any better than the c5 z06 for 70k? No one! Thats who? They bought the car #1 because its a vette but paid that price because its fast.

I was beating lankhoss by carlengths because it was his first time, which he still managed a 11.9 and he would have pulled me but that distance was too great for him to catch a pass an srt. You dont know what your yapping about so when you get some vid of an srt winning stock vs stock let me know.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I never called you a liar. Here is what YOU said to me on Ferrarichat.com sometime ago when I was trying to decide between a Viper and Z06:

"I know you are still waiting for my report.lol. I just don't have time at the moment to do a detailed report. That being said...the only time you will get the advantage of the Z06's superior straightline performance is in a standing start. From a roll...anything over 25mph(street stuff), the Viper will prevail"

In other words, the Z06 is ONLY quicker from a dig, and not from a roll.

Here is another quote from you:

"Listen to me carefully. Unless you go from a "dig", the Z06 will not beat the Viper. On a roll of 25mph or over, where 99% of all street action takes place, the Viper will win every time, with equal drivers"

Again, indicating that the Z06 is only quicker from a dig. Now, lets look at what you said in THIS thread a few pages ago:

"The Z is slightly quicker...stock VS stock."

Meaning, you are now saying the Z06 is the quicker car, period, with no circumstances. Before, on the Ferrari forums, you said it was only faster from a dig.

All I said is that you said one thing before, and now saying something else. I am not calling you a liar, I never have. I am just saying that what you said before wasn't the same as what you are saying now. If you are going to get all upset about that, that is ok with me, I am just pointing out what YOU said.

And I stick by what I said then. It was a known fact then and now that the Z is quicker in the "full Race" of the 1320...by .1-.3. I wasn't refuting that then or now. I said from a roll the Viper could take the Z. The z's big advantage comes in gearing. If you take it from a roll, and are smart enough to use the 3.07's and huge torgue to your advantage...you will prevail. Your comment that the Z is faster at any speed is simply not a fact. Maybe in your Z.

And maybe I had the worlds fastest stock Viper....like your Z. :)

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have found the exact opposite, AJ. I find that the stronger drivetrain, bigger tires, and more low end torque help launch the Viper off the line better. Of course, that may not be the case....just that I can never seem to launch as well as the Vipers I've raced. However, from a roll, the Viper doesn't stand a chance. It all comes down to power-to-weight, and the Z has that advantage, hands down.

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have found the exact opposite, AJ. I find that the stronger drivetrain, bigger tires, and more low end torque help launch the Viper off the line better. Of course, that may not be the case....just that I can never seem to launch as well as the Vipers I've raced. However, from a roll, the Viper doesn't stand a chance. It all comes down to power-to-weight, and the Z has that advantage, hands down.

I completely agree here. I thought the Viper was one of the easiest cars to launch due to having a 3.07 gear combined with the 345's in the rear and being 3400 lbs made. If anything, the Vipers best chance is from a dig due to better traction and its massive tq. The Z06 is damn near impossible to launch.

I guess I am not going to convince anyone here, the people that refuse to accept this fact, that the Z06 is the quicker car, period. I understand the people here have a connection with Vipers, and will always defend them (As would I if I were still the owner) but come on now, you can't dispute facts no matter how much you love a car. The Z06 is the lighter car, with more rwhp, more rpms, and better gearing. It really doesn't seem that complicated to me.

This could all be settled if there is a stock SRT-10, or near stock SRT-10, within a 100 mile radius of me, that is willing to race. I would like to see what happens from a roll on race, where the Z06, according to AJ, will lose.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this all maybe true in a straight line, but as the last months Road and Track(Europe vs. USA) proves out that on a road course the cars are much more equal than the bowtie boys would probably like to admit. This is with a SRT vert that is already in it's fourth model year of production vs a brand new Zo6. The winds of change are coming again with the SS/Stingray/Bluedevil coming out(@ or near $100k if rumors prove to be true) and the new Viper SRT(hopefully lighter, definetly more hp from a bigger motor) due out, with the first deliveries to start some time around next Feb. Anyway in the shootout the two cars as available TODAY were tied on a road course down to the tenth of a second. Additionally the author seemed to prefer the SRT, for track use. The most amazing thing to me is that the Ford GT came in 5th,

1st Ferrari f430
2nd Lambo gallardo
3rd viper SRT
3rd vette Zo6
5th Ford gt

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I just raced an Orange Gallardo yesterday!! 7:00pm McArthur causway driving out of South Beach (west)

I didn't expect to SMOKE HIM that bad, What a rush!! Raced from 2nd gear, 3K rpm.. I took him for about 3 carlenghts!! sounds like little but I was pulling HARD and would have widened the gap if I had kept going!!

I love my Viper more today! I just found the time to take out the plate from the intake this morning before work... just HAD to do it, LOL>...

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Blue!

Talking to you is like talking to my 18 month old boy who has no concept of reading comprehension. Before you call me wrong, read your post and then go stick you head in the toilet and flush it a few times...in fact stay there. Read what you said above...

They bought the car #1 because its a vette but paid that price because its fast.

That was my point from the get go. But just in case you have no idea what you are typing, let me put in idiot terms for you to understand...the guys who paid 70k for the vette would not have paid the same money for a Supra or Mustang that had the same performance as the beloved vette. It goes back to the fact that it is a vette. GM used the performance factor as a justification for them to charge 70k for it, that is it, a justification. It is the same reason why Viper guys will not do the same, hence stop your yaping and only speak of what you know first hand and not what you see on videos.

Wait let me tell you something about videos since you put so much of your defense or case on them. Road race videos are use as trophies, with that being said if the corvette guy planned this race out in his newly 70k car and he lost...do you think he would go on the vette form and post something like, I paid 70k for my vette and I got spanked by a Viper? Hell no! Also, guess what the vette guy would have made sure he won...now I am not saying he cheated to win, but let me put it this way...everyone's car is "stock."

BTW, if you vette guys have problem with launching your "rocket ship", turn on your traction control! :hitfan:

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey..what do I know. Own both...at the SAME time...then tell me all about it. Fadi lost any credibility he had with me when he said the Z was quicker than the FGT as well. So Lankhoss...can your Z with over 530 at the wheels take a sorry *** FGT with only exhaust...from a dig, or a sorry *** VIPER with exhaust /filters/gears.....for 100% certainty...from a roll of say 40MPH? According to you ..the Viper kill would be a certainty. According to Fadi...the FGT kill would be a a done deal as well.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I completely agree here. I thought the Viper was one of the easiest cars to launch due to having a 3.07 gear combined with the 345's in the rear and being 3400 lbs made. If anything, the Vipers best chance is from a dig due to better traction and its massive tq. The Z06 is damn near impossible to launch.

I guess I am not going to convince anyone here, the people that refuse to accept this fact, that the Z06 is the quicker car, period. I understand the people here have a connection with Vipers, and will always defend them (As would I if I were still the owner) but come on now, you can't dispute facts no matter how much you love a car. The Z06 is the lighter car, with more rwhp, more rpms, and better gearing. It really doesn't seem that complicated to me.

This could all be settled if there is a stock SRT-10, or near stock SRT-10, within a 100 mile radius of me, that is willing to race. I would like to see what happens from a roll on race, where the Z06, according to AJ, will lose.

Yeah...but you own THE KING KONG of all Z's. You destroy FGT's as well...right? What chance would a mere Viper have against you and the Fastest stock Z on the planet? And of course my comments were based on my SRT...the fastest stock SRT on the planet, and my Z...which must be the SLOWEST Z in the world.

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey..what do I know. I'm sure you 2 guys are just full of real life experiences with your Z's against Vipers. Own both...at the SAME time...then tell me all about it. Fadi lost any credibility he had with me when he said the Z was quicker than the FGT as well. So Lankhoss...can your Z with over 530 at the wheels take a sorry *** FGT with only exhaust...from a dig, or a sorry *** VIPER with exhaust /intake/gears.....for 100% certainty...from a roll of say 40MPH? According to you ..the Viper kill would be a certainty. According to Fadi...the FGT kill would be a a done deal as well.

Lost credibility? Atleast I have some experience and/or evidence to go by, unlike you who just states A is faster than B with not any kind of evidence.

Here is the video of me racing a FGT. And you know who I raced, so the driver excuse is eliminated.

I won everyrace on this tape, for the exception of the 2nd race, where we tied, or I was a hair ahead. I will be more than happy to send you this video through quicktime where you will be able to pause the video, and move forward or backwards frame by frame by using the arrow keys on your keyboard and clearly see who won the races despite the caption the FGT owner made when he took MY TAPE (I should have known why he wanted to take my tape and edit it).

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/08-14-06pageFordGTvsCorvetteC6Z06.htm

And I NEVER said that the Z is the quicker car. Read what I wrote. I simply stated that from what I have heard, and from what I saw with my own two eyes and vids online, the Z06 has won. This is EXACTLY what I said.

"Like I said, I have raced Dave's FGT (Who knows how to drive), my buddy has raced a few stock FGT's in his stock Z06 (and won), and I spoke with "Robiferretti" online who has told me that the a his stock Z06 outran his stock FGT. Does that mean the Z06 is the absolute quicker car? Maybe not, but, I will tell you that I have yet to see a video of a FGT beating a Z06, yet, I can show you a video of me beating Dave's FGT and a video of a buddies intake/tune beating a FGT also "

So, you want to talk about credibility, AJ, you're not doing very well yourself in that category.

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And as far as having the king kong of Z06's, hardly. I dynoed 455 rwhp and on a Mustang dyno and then dynoed 463 rwhp on a Dynojet. It's all car, AJ..;)

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fadi...what more credibility do I need....I OWN ALL THE CARS!!!! You just don't get it. Really easy for me to compare..you know. You owned a problem Viper...and the worlds fastest Z.

PS FGT guys really don't carry video cams around with them. That is left to the Vette set. They are without a doubt...next to the Ricer crowd...the largest users of the Video for proof segment. Now Fadi...as I asked you previously, show me just ONE major comparison test with the same driver that shows the Z beating the FGT. Just one. There have been 8 or 9 comparisons I think, including 2 recently. SAME DRIVER...very important stuff when making comparisons.

03CobraAV8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Z06 - 125-127 MPH trap.

Viper - 121-123 MPH trap.

Z06 0-150 - 17.9 sec

Viper 0-150 - 20.2 sec

Some calculations using some old physics equations put the Z06 approximately 225 ft ahead of the Viper when the Vette hits 150 MPH.

Weight to power:
Z06 - 3150 / 455 RWHP = 6.92
Viper - 3450 / 445 RWHP = 7.75

That means that from a roll, the Z06 will be ahead of the Viper, from any speed. The Z has less weight, more RWHP, and better gearing. How could those #'s, and that information, be interpereted so that the Viper would be ahead of the Z?

For fun, my car's ('03 Cobra) weight to power compared to Lankhoss' C6 Z06:
3665 / 516 = 7.10
3150 / 459 = 6.86 (he dyno'd on the same dyno that I did)

From 50-140, he is consistently 1.5 cars ahead, and pulling away when we shut down.

So, with a .24 difference in weight to power, he is 1.5 cars ahead of me

With a .89 difference in weight to power, as is the case with the Viper vs. Z, it only makes sense that the Z would be ~4+ cars ahead in the same race vs. the Viper.

With equally skilled drivers in both cars - I'd like someone to explain how this information shows how the Viper is faster.

- Rick

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you, AJ. The numbers add up in the Z06's favor by quite a bit. I've run into 4 Vipers, 2 of them being decently modified Gen II's, and 2 of them being very lightly modded SRT's. From a dig or very low speed, it's a good race. But I'd say above 50mph or so, it's just ****. I have two videos of me racing SRT's from a roll, and one of them I went at HIS speed, in a BAD gear for me...and by time I hit my power band, it was over. It's hardly even a race from a roll with a Viper, that has been my experience.

But they're very close off the line. Don't mix what Fadi and I say, either. Even though Fadi is my friend, he makes his own posts, as do I. So don't put the two together and make it sound like that's what I'm trying to say, please.

And just for the hell of it, I've argued about the Ford GT as well. Even though I have seen one video of Fadi racing a Ford GT while he was stock, and beating it......another of an intake/tune Z06 easily walking a Ford GT, and heard Rob Ferretti say his Z is faster than his Ford GT....I STILL think the Ford GT should be a little quicker than the Z.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you, AJ. The numbers add up in the Z06's favor by quite a bit. I've run into 4 Vipers, 2 of them being decently modified Gen II's, and 2 of them being very lightly modded SRT's. From a dig or very low speed, it's a good race. But I'd say above 50mph or so, it's just ****. I have two videos of me racing SRT's from a roll, and one of them I went at HIS speed, in a BAD gear for me...and by time I hit my power band, it was over. It's hardly even a race from a roll with a Viper, that has been my experience.

But they're very close off the line. Don't mix what Fadi and I say, either. Even though Fadi is my friend, he makes his own posts, as do I. So don't put the two together and make it sound like that's what I'm trying to say, please.

And just for the hell of it, I've argued about the Ford GT as well. Even though I have seen one video of Fadi racing a Ford GT while he was stock, and beating it......another of an intake/tune Z06 easily walking a Ford GT, and heard Rob Ferretti say his Z is faster than his Ford GT....I STILL think the Ford GT should be a little quicker than the Z.

I respect your opinions Lankhoss.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I do yours. I don't want you to think that I am making personal attacks, or saying you're lying. I don't want anyone in here to think I'm here bashing the Viper.

I just, in all honesty, cannot see how it's possible the Viper can be faster, or even equally as fast as the Z in a straight line. Too bad mine is not stock, or I would have raced Bluestreak at the track. I will still race him, but once both cars are modded this debate gets thrown out the window.

I will make this claim, though. I have an intake, headers, and tune. I would challenge a Viper with the same mods, PLUS a cam, at a dragstrip. I am not saying I'd win, but I would like to see that matchup, if anyone near Atlanta or Macon (we usually race at Silver Dollar) would like to try it. Hopefully my rearend will hold up lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang