Zaino products...What should I get to start?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did a search on this last night and I plan on ordering Z2, Z5, and Z7.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget the Z6!!! This is the key to the whole Zaino deal...Z6 after every application of Z2 or Z5 AND in between applications, you can bring back that showroom shine in 15 minutes with Z6!!!

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get one each Z2,ZFX,Z6,Z7,Z10 and Z16. That should be good to get you started. After using it for several applications, you can gauge future orders.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My personal opinion - skip the Z1 and buy ZFX. ZFX acts as an accelerator so you don't have to wait hours (or even more than a few minutes) to take off the Z5 or Z2. No need for Z1 if you use ZFX.
I also happen to be a big fan of Zaino leather cleaner and treatment, glass polish, clay bar, and (especially) the tire and rubber treatment. Much better look than Armor All, and doesn't attract dirt.
My $.02

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was trying to interpret on the Zaino website when they were talking about the ZFX they said it made the Z1 unnecessary if the car had been cleaned with Dawn. Are they saying it is ok to wash with Dawn or did I interpret it wrong.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clean with Dawn before beginning your Zaino pilgramage...to ensure all previous waxes / polishes / bird droppings have been removed...then use nothing but Zaino products until you die...

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J SMITH:
I was trying to interpret on the Zaino website when they were talking about the ZFX they said it made the Z1 unnecessary if the car had been cleaned with Dawn. Are they saying it is ok to wash with Dawn or did I interpret it wrong.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's ok to wash your car with Dawn to prep your car for the Z2/ZFX application. Dawn will strip the wax off your car. The ZFX added to the Z2 will accelerate the cure time so you don't have to wait in between coats. If you go the Dawn/Z2/ZFX route, you don't need to get Z1. Using WD-40 is also helpful with cleaning off bugs.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why hasn't anyone given the best advice yet?
<FONT size="4">Call them!</FONT s>
They'll tell you what you really need and how to use it. They're really good guys!

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Clean with Dawn before beginning your Zaino pilgramage<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

or if you want the ultimate finish, start with claybar (after a thorough wash) - I think it's Z18. It will do the same wax-stripping job as Dawn and it actually preps the paint by cleaning the accumulated crud in your paint. You will be surprised how much crap will come off you clean car's paint.