ZR1 Scalping

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure - but I'm not a fanboy, like some (many) here. I have both cars...and mostly all I hear about here, is how you all eat Vettes blah blah blah...when in fact many here just dream about it and are just Lance Romance wannabe's. You sound like the idiots on the Vette boards who claim they eat Busa's and ZX14's

Ya, I was rough in my first post, because I hear that same blah blah blah "I ate a Vette" bullsh!t all the time on this site.

So he's running 700RWHP. So, maybe he can beat a ZR1 (maybe)...but with a ZR1's gearing and slight weight advantage - it'd be a tough run for a Viper at best - certainly not a "run away" from it. Oh and BNTW, a ZR1 with a few bolt on's and a tune will put out that same 700 RWHP...so no big deal.

You can blah blah all you want about "precious little Corvettes" as you put it...(typical of some of you brand loyal fanboy types here), but bottom line, Vipers are no faster than Vettes. Most here won't even make it to the end at the same time as the Vette anyway...losing to the Vette.

Do you own a ZR1 or a Z06? I do, and a Gen IV Viper. I can make statements about both...so until you have them both in your garage at the same time - Yippee Kay Yay! (Google that...)

Bottom line - it'a a pile of **** without proof...and if you're gonna write things like "ZR1 Scalping" - be prepared to eat a whole lot of **** from others who simply don't believe that garbage.

"Gee - I beat a Gen IV Viper with my Z06....I have no proof, but I was just having fun and he was real surprised...blah blah blah...sounds stupid huh? Cuz it IS.:eater:

Who cares man! Seriously you have both good for you! My 1130rwhp Lambo will smoke all your cars! Who gives a sh*t!! The guy was just happy he won a race. Let him be happy with that.:eater:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you read the threads on this site you'll notice a LOT of mid 10sec Vipers (street tires). Vipers obviously are spectacular and deserve respect. Not sure how many 1600rwhp vettes there are? 2200rwhp?

Don't want a vette in my garage. Although, I think that the Gen 4s are a little bit slow, that's why I own 2 sc'd Vipers. I think there are a lot more dual Viper owners than vette/Viper owners?

Kinda strange that you think a 700rwhp Viper would lose a race to a 580rwhp vette?

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure - but I'm not a fanboy, like some (many) here. I have both cars...and mostly all I hear about here, is how you all eat Vettes blah blah blah...when in fact many here just dream about it and are just Lance Romance wannabe's. You sound like the idiots on the Vette boards who claim they eat Busa's and ZX14's

Ya, I was rough in my first post, because I hear that same blah blah blah "I ate a Vette" bullsh!t all the time on this site.

So he's running 700RWHP. So, maybe he can beat a ZR1 (maybe)...but with a ZR1's gearing and slight weight advantage - it'd be a tough run for a Viper at best - certainly not a "run away" from it. Oh and BNTW, a ZR1 with a few bolt on's and a tune will put out that same 700 RWHP...so no big deal.

You can blah blah all you want about "precious little Corvettes" as you put it...(typical of some of you brand loyal fanboy types here), but bottom line, Vipers are no faster than Vettes. Most here won't even make it to the end at the same time as the Vette anyway...losing to the Vette.

Do you own a ZR1 or a Z06? I do, and a Gen IV Viper. I can make statements about both...so until you have them both in your garage at the same time - Yippee Kay Yay! (Google that...)

Bottom line - it'a a pile of **** without proof...and if you're gonna write things like "ZR1 Scalping" - be prepared to eat a whole lot of **** from others who simply don't believe that garbage.

"Gee - I beat a Gen IV Viper with my Z06....I have no proof, but I was just having fun and he was real surprised...blah blah blah...sounds stupid huh? Cuz it IS.:eater:

Are you done getting your ******* in a bunch? Seriously, you are way to sensative. Get a grip and relax. You know i don't talk sh*t about vettes but I will now, here's the bottom line. all a Vette owner is, is a Mustang owner with more money...THAT'S IT!!! You see them here, there, everywhere, just like a Mustang. It's a more expensive "mee too" car. Oh you have a vette? Me too. Get a life guy and stop letting insignificant things ruin your day. BTW, from your handle I suppose you have "the worlds fastest busa"? ha just another motorcycle squid rider that can just go in a straight line.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You sir..Have clearly not thought this through..

A ZR1 is 3350 pounds and has 550 rwhp..

A stock gen3 is 3390 pounds and 3500 with the blower and 700 rwhp

the ZR1 will trap 129-133 mph

A gen3 paxtoned with 700 rwhp will trap 133-136 mph..But he even has the larger displacement motivateing the car with that 540 ci..So try more like 135-139..

Of course he's gonna pull the Zr1...

Did you not see the vid of the paxtoned gen3 beating the Zr1 on drag times.com?????

You should sell your viper and have two cheese graders..Then you would be happy

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heres a 750 crank HP gen3 viper verses a 720 crank HP ZR1..(Thank goodness it was a stock ZR1)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Biuqie9U6EU&feature=related[/media]

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm out for a cruise and what do I see in front of me but a new ZR1 vette. As I go to pass him he guns it, so now it's on!! (I don't know what he had done but it had at least an exhaust because it was pretty loud) So I downshift to 3rd, he's already got about a three car length lead on me, and nail it. Needless to say I ran him down and went by him by the time I topped 4th. He can along beside me with a rather puzzled look on his face. :) Life is good. ha ha ha

I think a few people misinterpreted what Aries wrote, from what I garnished from it, he was pointing out mostly how surprised the ZR1 owner was, not how easily he beat it.

Obviously if the ZR1 was anywhere close to stock, at speed, the outcome was a forgone conclusion. He was poking fun at the fact he was basically cheating (nowhere close to stock: stroked, forged, supercharged monster)

Research his threads. It's no secret that he spent a lot of money and a lot of time on his car, so of course it's gonna be fast.

It's not like he was saying his car was stock vs stock.

Relax and have some humor in your lives.

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a few people misinterpreted what Aries wrote, from what I garnished from it, he was pointing out mostly how surprised the ZR1 owner was, not how easily he beat it.

Obviously if the ZR1 was anywhere close to stock, at speed, the outcome was a forgone conclusion. He was poking fun at the fact he was basically cheating (nowhere close to stock: stroked, forged, supercharged monster)

Research his threads. It's no secret that he spent a lot of money and a lot of time on his car, so of course it's gonna be fast.

It's not like he was saying his car was stock vs stock.

Relax and have some humor in your lives.

Ding, ding, ding, ding.... we have a winner!!!! Thank you, that's all I'm trying to say. I guarantee that Vette guy was thinking "oh here's a guy in a Viper with a exhaust". :D

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, I got my a*s handed to me in my Gen II a few years back by a guy in a modded Subaru STI. Did I cry like a little girl? Nope, I appreciated the work the Subaru had and had a good time......losing. :( ha ha ha

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares man! Seriously you have both good for you! My 1130rwhp Lambo will smoke all your cars! Who gives a sh*t!! The guy was just happy he won a race. Let him be happy with that.:eater:

Brother, I have serious garage envy!!!!

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, our first hater of the thread. To answer your question I have a gen 3 with a stroked 540ci supercharged engine puting down conservatively (I say that because the guy who did the final tune said it kept spinning the tires on his dyno) 700hp/700lb tq. Any more questions?

Hey here's an idea, We should print out our dyno numbers and stick it on the side windows so vette guys will have an excuse before they race.

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you done getting your ******* in a bunch? Seriously, you are way to sensative. Get a grip and relax. You know i don't talk sh*t about vettes but I will now, here's the bottom line. all a Vette owner is, is a Mustang owner with more money...THAT'S IT!!! You see them here, there, everywhere, just like a Mustang. It's a more expensive "mee too" car. Oh you have a vette? Me too. Get a life guy and stop letting insignificant things ruin your day. BTW, from your handle I suppose you have "the worlds fastest busa"? ha just another motorcycle squid rider that can just go in a straight line.

Good post airhead...you stick with your Viper - because for fanboys like you, there is no other car...go race a bike rider who can't ride. Then you can post all about it here and tell us how great you and your Viper are...and while you're at it, maybe learn how to spell.:rolleyes:

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definatley. By no means is my car the fastest thing around, far from it, but it's fun to show what it can do. :)

BTW, I'm serious about that Pinto, it's bad ass........or is it a Honda crx, hmmmmm. YouTube - Honda CRX Big Block V8 ha ha ha

And remember there is always somebody faster than you - no matter how many mods you've done.

Someone hit the nail on the head earlier. It's about having fun - even when you lose. Of course there are those folks who won't race if they even think they might lose. What's up with that?

Better to have tried and lost than never to have tried at all.

Skeeter Blanton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 08 stock viper and a 2010 stock ZR1 and the viper can not run with the ZR1, especially up top.......Gonna add the pulleys, etc. soon to th ZR1......

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good post airhead...you stick with your Viper - because for fanboys like you, there is no other car...go race a bike rider who can't ride. Then you can post all about it here and tell us how great you and your Viper are...and while you're at it, maybe learn how to spell.:rolleyes:

Never said the Viper is the be-all, end-all car. I admire all types of makes and model cars. I can appreciate the technology of "ricers" and the brute force of big displacement American cars as well as euro cars. Unlike you, I don't piss and moan like a little 4 year old little girl when a car I like doesn't win. As I said before, get a life and get to the store quick for some tampax as it sounds like it's your time of the month. Enjoy your "busa" which is probably stretched 30 foot with a wide tire kit with 3 inch chicken strips on both sides of the tires.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am shocked there is even an argument over a 700rwhp Viper smashing a stock ZR1. We weren't talking about stock cars anyway.

I am pretty sure there is a side by side video of the ZR1 and the ACR at the ring right? Pretty sure the stock ACR won that race LOL.

Aries good kill man Busa's off the mark once again.

And I have owned blown vettes as well so I am not a brand loyal car guy either. His Viper was just faster thats all.

JBW1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can understand why some of you are sceptical about the "kill." My wife was the so-called victim of the Lance Romance b.s. post. Nice schooling. It sounds to me like Aries has a bad-ass hot rod. Let him be. He kicked some ass and just wants to tell folks about it. That is all. It is not like he has been called out. Nice job, Aries.....

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper was faster busa....what can we say...you should sell them both and get a zr1 and go race all the vipers you can find...who knows..maybe youll find a few stock ones you will be able to beat..the funniest thing about this all is that if you actually go to the vette forum you will here the zo6 guys cry and moan how the zr1 is just a lil faster than the zo6....but then the 2008 viper proved to be a lil faster than the z06 in every single head to head comparison.....but then they all say the zr1 is faster than the 2008 viper....i dont get those guys....

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can understand why some of you are sceptical about the "kill." My wife was the so-called victim of the Lance Romance b.s. post. Nice schooling. It sounds to me like Aries has a bad-ass hot rod. Let him be. He kicked some ass and just wants to tell folks about it. That is all. It is not like he has been called out. Nice job, Aries.....

I read that thread after being told about it earlier in this thread. Damn, that's embarrassing. ***** to be him. ha ha ha

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 08 stock viper and a 2010 stock ZR1 and the viper can not run with the ZR1, especially up top.......Gonna add the pulleys, etc. soon to th ZR1......

I recently had an opportunity to drive a 2010 ZR1. Simply put, it is the fastest car I've ever driven. I expected it to be fast. But I did not expect it to be THAT fast..I'm not sure what is done to your 06 viper. But Scalping? You must have one serious 06 Viper.

All I can say is. A 2010 viper and a 2010 Z06, would be a drivers race. Maybe a slight advantage to the Viper, but not much...

A ZR1 vs. a GenIV viper, is not a very close race. But with Aries Mods, stock vs. stock is out the window.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blown or turbo cars are great! Just add boost! Thats what I love about my Ford and my 911 turbos I have had. I wonder if they make a bigger blower for the ZR1 yet? Like a Whipple 4L or kenny bell. That would be sick! With just a pulley and tune on my Ford I was at 643rwhp stock exhaust and all. Add a Whipple and some boost 743rwhp on 91 pump. Same with my 997 bigger turbos ect and 643awhp. My new 10 ACR with all bolt ons I can put one excluding heads and I am hoping for 600 at the tires

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
600 rwhp NATURALLY ASPERATED is the key to what your saying..5 years ago that was a full blown race engine..Now just scroll toyour local dodge and add a few bolt ons..LOL

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

read to the end of the thread,

want to say nice come back :2tu:

wit, stinging sarcasm, humor (other posters too btw) :eater:

some fine forum banter

frankly, i don't believe anything is faster than my nearly stock gen 2 (creampuff)

hope i never get tired of it and am forced into getting a blower :omg:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99% of the time you are right about nothing being faster than your cremepuff...It's just that 1% you gotta watch out for

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay I would like to mediate, the variety of ingredients that goes into a race, any race is what usually decides who wins, everything from driver balls and ability to of course road and temperature conditions to what's under the hood of both parties. I have no doubt aries whipped his but b/c of what he has but as I said earlier he could have easily got beat due to tire spin or the Vette unknown to him had some mods too! We all know how easy it is to miss a shift in our Viper's, see pro driver video from the ring. Go easy on each other guys, it's all good reading so no need to get crazy!! That being said if anyone ever wants to get their butt whipped I'll break out my '74 Z1 Kawi drag bike!!! LOL Unless you can run low 9's your puttin' one in the loss column!!! :lmao:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All these performance cars these days, are pretty fast and in an essence, pretty close. In the end, I think the majority of wins are a driver's race myself. If you catch him off guard for a few seconds, anyone can get the jump on the next car. Just check of NHRA drag racing and how bad a car with the same power can get beat at times.

I thought the same thing about the ZR-1 I was able to drive. It was very, very fast and I thought my 06 Viper Coupe was fast when I bought it. Now I am use to the power and want more. It is alot of perception for fast at the speeds and times of these newer cars these days. The ultimate car is much more than just speed. Looks, reliability, desireability, etc. all have to tie in. Now I was fortunate enough to be able to drive my friends new Scuderia. Since it was not mine, I did not push it, except for a full on blast at an on-ramp to the Interstate. That car was simply insane.

Anyway good kill if that stuff is important to you. The only thing we can ever be sure of is, there are cars that are always faster, quicker, better looking, etc. out there. Love them or hate them, EVERYONE who is a car guy or gal will respect the new ZR1 for what it is.

Now since I grew up a Mustang guy, and still own a few of them to this day, along with my Viper and other toys, your Mustang guy comment................. not so much. Silver spoon syndrone I think!

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice slaying!!! Vettes are slow, I destroy every one of them in my bolt-on GTS!! =D

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EVERYONE who is a car guy or gal will respect the new ZR1 for what it is

Well said... the ZR1 is an asbolute monster.. Until you have driven one, you can not understand how powerful the car really is.

And lets not forget.. "The" reason (or at least "one of the" reasons) we have 600 horse Vipers, is the ZR1 Corvette, and vice-versa for the Corvette guys who rag on Vipers.

I'm happy that in 2010 the USA still produces such cars, and dont forget. These 2 cars have been competing since what? 1989, when they were both nothing more than rumors. What an awesome story..

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All these performance cars these days, are pretty fast and in an essence, pretty close. In the end, I think the majority of wins are a driver's race myself. If you catch him off guard for a few seconds, anyone can get the jump on the next car. Just check of NHRA drag racing and how bad a car with the same power can get beat at times.

I thought the same thing about the ZR-1 I was able to drive. It was very, very fast and I thought my 06 Viper Coupe was fast when I bought it. Now I am use to the power and want more. It is alot of perception for fast at the speeds and times of these newer cars these days. The ultimate car is much more than just speed. Looks, reliability, desireability, etc. all have to tie in. Now I was fortunate enough to be able to drive my friends new Scuderia. Since it was not mine, I did not push it, except for a full on blast at an on-ramp to the Interstate. That car was simply insane.

Anyway good kill if that stuff is important to you. The only thing we can ever be sure of is, there are cars that are always faster, quicker, better looking, etc. out there. Love them or hate them, EVERYONE who is a car guy or gal will respect the new ZR1 for what it is.

Now since I grew up a Mustang guy, and still own a few of them to this day, along with my Viper and other toys, your Mustang guy comment................. not so much. Silver spoon syndrone I think!

Sorry, no offense intended with the Mustang comment. Like I said in my previous post, I can appreciate all cars for their technology and looks. However, in my opinion comparing a Vette to a Viper is like comparing a Viper to a Ferrari, exclusivity wise. (not performance). You see way more Vettes than you do Vipers. I have tremendous respect for the ZR1, why do you think I'm so happy to beat one. :) I could't begin a thread with a title of "Geo Metro Scalping" lol.