Apology to Ralph Gilles and Dick Winkles

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Stop complaining about complaint complaining. :D

Hah hah!, yes, and we must tolerate the intolerant, otherwise we are intolerant too, and, uh, where was I?

Oh, yeah, this new Viper kicks assp! Best version EVAH! Designed and built in Detroit. The high water mark to date of Viperdom.

Big congrats to the SRT team!

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Lawd, are you guys serious? These are grown men. Do you think they're gonna stop building Vipers because somebody thinks it doesn't have enough HP or doesn't like the color? If they can't take some criticism or whining they should go build Corvettes.

They did not make it as far up the ladder at Chrysler with thin skin. They most likely take the critics issues and use them later to their benefit. I would suspect that in the next couple years you will see a supercharged version of the Viper...

Remember when the new (retro style) Mustang came out? Nothing extreme. Then each year they added different hoods, spoilers, engines, hp, etc. The same with the Challenger. At first no 6-speed. They can't shoot their who *** in the first year. Wait for the upgrades because the car is set up to handle them and that is no mistake.

By the way, my only issue was it looked too much like a Vette from a straight on front view because of the entire grill being blacked out. In another thread the new Viper was photoshopped to make the grill cross-hairs the same as the car color. BIG improvement! It no longer looks anything like a Vette with that simple mod. I like it a lot with just that simple change. I suspect either people will do it or SRT will.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure they had to know the modernization would irk some Viper faithful, but it was necessary for the life of the marquee. Their feelings will be hurt if it doesn't SELL.

I think the car will sell just fine. Now for some reviews!

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for a great looking car. I could not believe my ears when my wife saw the video of the car and said "WOW I really like it". I can not remember her saying that other than about our 97 Viper GTS