Beware 2" Seat Lowering Kit

Viperdriver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beware 2\" Seat Lowering Kit

The kit moves the seat 3" forward from the rear bulkhead so you end up loosing leg room.

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Beware 2

Yep, and it ***** to put in. Need hognose clippers also.

However, I really do love the lowered position. My left leg has room now!!!!!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Who's kit did you buy? The 2-inch seat lowering kit I bought from Northwind engineering for my 04 SRT-10 did not move the seat forward at all. I also lowered the seats in my GTS. Both seats are as far back as the bulkhead will allow.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Northwind installed here, and the seat is all the way back against the bulkhead.

Had to lift the front of the seat with washers and longer bolts to get the seat front to support my thighs.

Now when some shorter people sit in my car they seem to almost dissapear, with just their heads sticking up above the dashboard!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Northwind in my GTS and I didn't loose any legroom at all. Gained alot of room all over!

Why would the SRT be any different?

DViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I lost quit a bit of leg room with the Northwind 2" kit. My seat is 3" from the bulkhead as well. I had so much spare room that I was able to tighten the rear mounting bolts with an electric impact wrench when putting my seat back in.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Finally installed my 2" lowering kit in my SRT-10 a couple of weeks ago when my brother was here. Much easier than the GTS 2" kit. Yes, there is room between the seat bolts and the rear bulkhead. We were able to get the rear seat nut installed with all the extensions on the wrachet that I had, and had to flop the velcro seat flap out of the way to do it. (those who have done it will understand) I think the illusion of lost leg room is real, but now I don't have to skootch forward in the seat to see out the windscreen. I don't yet have lots of miles with this change, so time will tell.
What do you think of the looks with the seats at the different levels?

PBR
10 of 50

05 Venom

Dealer installed the 2" kit before I took delivery and man what a difference.
Th feel and view sitting so low is awesome. You'll see how big a diffeence when you hop out and enter the passenger seat. I'm thinking of installing it on the passenger side also to intimidate the endless people asking me for a ride.
Don't think I lost much leg room though, I need to have the back of the seat reclined a little to cruise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang