Beware of person selling 2004 mamba in classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

White 04 Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was looking through the classified section last night and was amazed to find someone selling a 04 white mamba viper and had a picture of my viper in his ad. I looked and looked and confirmed the the building in the background is in Burlingame California. The picture was taken by the dealer that sold my viper to me. Not sure if I'm over reacting but if I was buying a car I would sure want to see the car I was buying not someone elses. I sent the seller a pm but have not heard back . I also tried posting a comment on his Ad but it wouldn't post

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Indiana has multiple cars, and I noticed his GTS is on ebay as well. I have seen that first picture a thousand times from that same dealer, so my guess would be it is his add. Indiana isn't a scammer by any means.

OP
OP
W

White 04 Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Indiana has multiple cars, and I noticed his GTS is on ebay as well. I have seen that first picture a thousand times from that same dealer, so my guess would be it is his add. Indiana isn't a scammer by any means.

Are ou referring to the SRT or the GTS there is no doubt that that mamba is mine

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Indiana is the guys user name. This is the 2004 srt10.

I think Indiana has a GTS, a Gallardo, and a Scud if I remember....not a scammer unless someone hacked his account or he bought the car you did as well from the same dealer. I don't see him using your picture, but I also don't remember him having the Mamba either.:dunno:

His GTS is here, and this is his car, just not sure on the Mamba:

Viper GTS - ViperClub Classifieds

OP
OP
W

White 04 Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is very strange...FYI only the first picture on his classified listing is my Viper. I am attaching pictures from the ad when I bought my car. I have various views with the exact same backdrop. I am not calling anyone any names but just trying to alert everyone that someone was using a car other then their own in a classified ad on this site. For a vehicle like a Viper I think this is suspicious.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

I think Indiana has a GTS, a Gallardo, and a Scud if I remember....not a scammer unless someone hacked his account or he bought the car you did as well from the same dealer. I don't see him using your picture, but I also don't remember him having the Mamba either.:dunno:

His GTS is here, and this is his car, just not sure on the Mamba:

Viper GTS - ViperClub Classifieds

Last edited:

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is very strange...FYI only the first picture on his classified listing is my Viper. I am attaching pictures from the ad when I bought my car. I have various views with the exact same backdrop. I am not calling anyone any names but just trying to alert everyone that someone was using a car other then their own in a classified ad on this site. For a vehicle like a Viper I think this is suspicious.

In your first post you said the photo was taken by the dealer. Is it possible that that dealer had two white Mambas come through his dealership and instead of pulling out the camera and parking the car in an appealing spot for more photos that he just pulled out the photo he took of the first car? I assume all white Mambas look the same.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
people have used other peoples car in their ads before. a white mamba is a white mamba

OP
OP
W

White 04 Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very unlikely but I did just email Chris to see if by some chance he sold another white mamaba at some point.

In your first post you said the photo was taken by the dealer. Is it possible that that dealer had two white Mambas come through his dealership and instead of pulling out the camera and parking the car in an appealing spot for more photos that he just pulled out the photo he took of the first car? I assume all white Mambas look the same.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
people have used other peoples car in their ads before. a white mamba is a white mamba

yes and no.
if the cars are brand new i would agree, but used cars no.
if i was going to travel to check the car out to possibly buy it, i would certainly want to see pics of the actual car that im planning to see.
a new car its pretty safe that the front fascia isnt scraped to hell, that theres no scratches etc....
you cant make the same assumption with used cars.

maybe the seller just got lazy and posted a previous pic, but then again maybe not.
i dont know the guy and i dont know the car.
but i know that ebay schemers have used other peoples pics b4.
like i said i dont know the guy, im just saying.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can vouch for the Mamba that Indiana is selling. I have rented that Mamba twice and it does exist, the ad is NOT a scam. I can't explain why he's using your picture, but I can tell you the ad is real, and everything in the ad is factual and correct (aside from the picture). I can't imagine Indiana having problems finding pictures of his car, but if he needs pics for his ad I have dozens of them that he can use.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
That picture is definitely your car, assuming you are Mark M of Pleasanton.

Star City Motors » 2009 » August

Scroll down to the car in question. I noticed also that the JPG file in that Star City listing is named whtmam1-400x300.jpg and that is the same name as the JPG in the Classifieds listing.

OP
OP
W

White 04 Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That picture is definitely your car, assuming you are Mark M of Pleasanton.

Star City Motors » 2009 » August

Scroll down to the car in question. I noticed also that the JPG file in that Star City listing is named whtmam1-400x300.jpg and that is the same name as the JPG in the Classifieds listing.

Hi chris..... Thanks for confirming the picture.... This is me.

OP
OP
W

White 04 Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yes and no.
if the cars are brand new i would agree, but used cars no.
if i was going to travel to check the car out to possibly buy it, i would certainly want to see pics of the actual car that im planning to see.
a new car its pretty safe that the front fascia isnt scraped to hell, that theres no scratches etc....
you cant make the same assumption with used cars.

maybe the seller just got lazy and posted a previous pic, but then again maybe not.
i dont know the guy and i dont know the car.
but i know that ebay schemers have used other peoples pics b4.
like i said i dont know the guy, im just saying.

I couldn't agree more ... Well said

Indiana

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some beach front property in Arizona if your interested ... I can send pictures

I will sell you that property in Arizona along with my Mamba I have listed. I did use a Google pic I found until I had the time to get a few of mine. My bad but You could have easily just pmed me and I would have removed it.

Please edit or remove your post as I removed your pic so you could sleep.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

White 04 Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will sell you that property in Arizona along with my Mamba I have listed. I did use a Google pic I found until I had the time to get a few of mine. My bad but You could have easily just pmed me and I would have removed it.

Please edit or remove your post.

Thanks

I did pm you and you never responded. I also tried to leave a comment asking why you were using my viper in your ad but it wouldn't let me post for some reason. That is the reason I posted here.

Last edited:

Indiana

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did pm you and you never responded. I also tried to leave a comment asking why you were using my viper in your ad but it wouldn't let me post for some reason. That is the reason I posted here.

You may want to check your account. I have 0 new ***.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how come people care if a pic of thier car was used? dont get it,am i missing something, its not like its a pic of mamma

OP
OP
W

White 04 Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
He was thinking his wife was selling his car. :)

I was just pointing out that you might be hiding something ... I know if I look at an ad I would want to know I was looking at pictures of that car. The real car not some picture I found on the internet

Last edited by a moderator:

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez, I think he was trying to make a small joke. I'm the one who called him to let him know to that this was going on. He's actually a real nice guy, no need for name calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang