Crystal Cove solutions- Ford "Premier Auto Group" Headquarters

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Crystal Cove solutions- Ford \"Premier Auto Group\" Headquarters

Who's going to Ford's Premier Group Headquaters, now that the Irvine Company kicked us out of Crystal Cove?

I'll be there, since I can almost hit it with a rock from my house!

Couple other Viper guys from LA County I know will be there.

Its an easy shot off the 5 freeway, in Irvine. You can see it on the west side of the freeway, its about a 6 story building, says Ford on the top of the building. I think the offramp is Alton, but I'm not too sure, cuz I go there on local streets.

Fashion Island, and some restaurant near John Wayne Airport are also possible sites.

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: Crystal Cove solutions- Ford \"Premier Auto Group\" Headquarters

Today's turnout was unexpectedly huge, as the first lot filled up before 7 am, and the second overflow lot opened up as well. The usual suspects were there, representing every marque, Italian, German, American, including some extremely rare racing Fuhwahwees, from the 50s, I think. Saw a DB9, Panteras, Galardos, etc, etc. Same stuff you saw at Crystal Cove. A Nash Metropolitan, tubbed, with a supercharged big block was there. I don't know what was more impressive, all that power in that little tiny body, or the delicious paint job. A huge turnout of sport bikes lined up against Ford's Premier Auto Group hdqtrs building. There was drinks and snacks in the lot, plus a cafe around the back of the building, if you were really hungry.

I saw someone's sapphire/stripes GTS there, that was in better shape than mine. My GTS shows signs of sandblasting on the front end and windshield, and I've got rock chips here and there, and rim rash. I consoled myself with the thought that the owner of this pristine GTS probably never tracked his, like I did. To drive is to live, but to keep your Viper behind velvet ropes in the garage, is to never fully know the thrill of owning a real sports car. Ok, I'm kidding around here, probably because I'm jealous he kept his in better condition than mine! Whosever that was, great job! :)

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Give it a day, and some pics will be up somewhere, I'll link them if I can find some. Lots of cameras there, and internet savvy car nuts. I'm sure some pics will be available in a day or so.

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Here ya go-
http://crystalcovecarshow.blogspot.com/2006/10/cars-coffee-highlights-102106.html

The photographer missed shots of about 6 Vipers, the supercharged big block Nash Metro, some antique cars, all the women, Ford's hdqrtrs, all the sport bikes, but most importantly, my GTS. heh heh...

Actually, I'm glad someone posts their pics regulary, and this blog is about the best. You can see most all of the past turnouts at Crystal Cove, before the evil empire known as the Irvine Company kicked us out, and most all the marvelous, exciting cars that ever showed up.

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Saw about 8 Vipers total including mine. I only wish they had more places to eat :( . Otherwise, great meet. I like the fact that it's right off the freeway as well :) .

Bat™

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Nash_Dragster_2.jpg

Nash_Dragster.jpg

Gen_III_GTS.jpg

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Turn out was great. Not sure of the staying power of this place. Lot's of freeway noise. Lack of a real coffee place. No place to sit down. I think many came the first time just to check it out. I am not sure if I will return. This weekend I am going to scout out some other locations and maybe start a smaller group. I went to breakfast at 3 Thirty 3 Waterfront in Newport after the show. The lot was almost full of all kinds of cars. All those guys used to be at Crystal Cove, and where unimpressed with the new location. The owner of 3 Thirty 3 was very happy to have us there. He gave out really nice T-shirts. :)

http://www.3thirty3nb.com/home.htm

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Hmmm....And Ford Premier Hdqrts lacks that ocean view. That was half the fun of going to the Cove, the scenic ocean drive on PCH, taking in the breakers bashing the shoreline in the morning's first gleam....making the scene....seeing the cream....living the dream.....

ok, I stop now.... 8*)

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pass this along to other car clubs!

The Car Show is moving back to the Beach!

Starting next Saturday Nov. 11, 2006
7am-9am

We will meet on Balboa Island!

Parking will be at the Balboa Pier lot, on the North end...right on the beach!

Many restaurants at the pier open at 7:00am for breakfast--Ruby's, The Shorehouse Cafe, bakery shops, convenience stores, etc.

Take PCH to Newport Blvd. which turns into Balboa Blvd.
Right on Palm Dr.--then go through parking ticket booth at lot entrance
Take ticket at parking ticket booth...pay when you leave.

Approved by the Newport Beach Parking Supervisor
Harbour Resources Division

Parking is $1.50/hr.

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

I had to work...

How was the turn out?

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Turn out was good at Ford.

Turnout is going to be outstanding in Balboa starting on the 11th. ;)

8544.JPG

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Approved by the Newport Beach Parking Supervisor
Harbour Resources Division

Parking is $1.50/hr.

$3 a car mulitplied by 500 cars will pay for this guys salary. Smart thinking on his part, and time to ask for a raise :2tu: