Donated window stickers.

OP
OP
A

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by triplea:
Other people like them since it is an exact reproduction so that they can keep their original in a safe location and use the reproduction at shows or where ever.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point, however, wouldn't a color copy suffice in these instances.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was also gonna post that you should be compensating the people that "donate" something you're going to make a profit off of. Free inventory, must be nice.

IMO asking for something you're going to sell to be DONATED it pretty ignorant.

This is all moot of course if you plan to DONATE your work to Viper owners in need.

Jack

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If they pay for copies of orginal stickers, who do you think that cost will be passed along to? Those of us that bought used Vipers that want a reproduction of the orignal window sticker. If you donate your original sticker, you're indirectly helping other Viper owners that would much appreciate it.
I used triple A for reproduction stickers for my '73 Trans Am, '66 Hemi Coronet, and 69 6-pack RR. They are top notch. The price has gone up (it used to be $25). But if I'm willing to pay $25 for a 2000 Viper brochure, $40 doesn't seem out of line for a reproduction window sticker that I can't tell from the original.

thanks,
Jack Janney

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack, I beg your pardon? Some club members are asking why we should give you for free copies of our window stickers so that you can sell them to other Viper owners, and you're calling <u>us</u> A-holes? And the Corvette guys would be lining up to help you with your business? Fine then, go deal with the Corvette guys. I think that asking for something in return for us going to the hassle and expense of providing you with a fax of a Viper window sticker is not unreasonable. Heck, you could offer to donate $5 to children's hospital for each sticker faxed, or even out of each sale if you didn't want to be out of pocket.

Asking for help getting your business started is one thing, sneering at Viper owners (who have been trying to support the Viper community for longer than you) because they aren't lining up to give you a freebie is something else altogether.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jack Janney:
If they pay for copies of orginal stickers, who do you think that cost will be passed along to? Those of us that bought used Vipers that want a reproduction of the orignal window sticker. If you donate your original sticker, you're indirectly helping other Viper owners that would much appreciate it.
I used triple A for reproduction stickers for my '73 Trans Am, '66 Hemi Coronet, and 69 6-pack RR. They are top notch. The price has gone up (it used to be $25). But if I'm willing to pay $25 for a 2000 Viper brochure, $40 doesn't seem out of line for a reproduction window sticker that I can't tell from the original.

thanks,
Jack Janney

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paying for the originals is a cost of doing business, I learned that in the 9th grade. It's unreasonable to think you can make 100% profit off of something after initial start up, you use volume in sales to recover startup costs

That's all fine and well if he was going to donate them to owners in need, but to me, it just doesn't seem ethical to take something that you want donated and ask $$ for it. I'm sure every business owner would like free resources and inventory but that's not the way it works. I fell that owners whom lend the information of thier stickers should be compensated for it, afterall they have to go to the trouble of getting it scanned, faxed etc... which is the same reason you pay someone like this company do reproduce them.

I can't be out of line can I?

Jack

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm really kind of surprised/disapointed by this attitude and I hope it's not representative of this forum. I know the ZR-1 guys would've been lining up to fax copies in the interest of making the service available to other owners.

Jack Janney

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jack Janney:
I'm really kind of surprised/disapointed by this attitude and I hope it's not representative of this forum. I know the ZR-1 guys would've been lining up to fax copies in the interest of making the service available to other owners.

Jack Janney

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Again, I'm not trying to come off asseninish.

the whole thing is, he's asking for donations..."FREE" on something he's going to turn around and sell. My ethics lead me to think he should pay the individual owners for this or at least make a donation to the VCA. If he were offering it as a service to Viper owners without window stickers and was merely passing on the favor than that'd be great, but he's not.

just my opinion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala