Don't Laugh....Viper Days Follow-Up???

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don\'t Laugh....Viper Days Follow-Up???

As I said "don't laugh at me" for this question.
I know nothing in life is for free...but here goes.
At Viper Days if you need any service work done on my Viper do they charge me??? (I think I can hear the laughter already
laugh.gif

I've read through some of the boards and heard how great these guys and gals are and how if something broke they were Johnny on the spot and an hour later you were up and running!!!

I realize if something needs to be replaced you pay for (say brake pads) but do they charge for their time??? If yes is there a standard service rate???

Hope some of you experienced guys when you get off the floor from laughing will let me know what to expect.

Fast Eddie

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Don\'t Laugh....Viper Days Follow-Up???

Yes, they charge, but they are very reasonable. Archer Racing Accessories does alot of work and Bobby Archer Motorsports handles all your tire needs. If you need brake pads changed,help with brake fluid flush, etc. look for my son, because at 18 he works pretty darn cheap,ha.

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Guys,

Yes, the vendors charge at the events but there is also a 'buddy system' like you've never seen. Most people there realize the biggest expense for Viper Days is being there and 'not being able to drive' so they're willing to give DNA if necessary, to get a fellow viper owner back on the track. Invariably, someone will always need something that the vendors don't have but someone else does. I've personally taken apart brake displays to give people replacements for broken bolts. And I've seen Woodhouse and crew swap an entire engine!

The rule to always follow is ensure your car is prepped before leaving. Get an alignment. Change fluids. Wash the car inside and out. Put your driving suit, helmet, and med-stats in the car. Bring oil, power steering fluid, brake fluid, cleaners, tools, water, extra clothes, the kitchen sink. Bring it all!

Also, don't neglect your tow rig as it's as important as your car.

Bring extra brake pad...
Don't just plan on being a mooch either, be a bud and bring things that everyone else will need too. You get the picture.

Regards,

OP
OP
V

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks guys for your feedback. You have actually made me feel
a whole lot more comfortable. My fear was having some sort of problem and either losing all my valuable track time and not knowing what to expect. I didnt realize this event was this well
organized and attended by so many vendors. I look forward to meeting all you guys. Again, Thanks for your respones

Fast Eddie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi