GTS vs RT/10 again...

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i have a 96 rt/10....great for the summer ...wouldnt trade the rt/10 for anything.....and then I have a GTS strictly a track race car.....much better for road racing...I have the best of both worlds....as soon as i hit the lottery I'll have a couple more Vipers...LOl...how I ever convinced my wife i needed two of them....

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 RT/10's, a 94 and a 2000. Love the look of the car over the GTS. Can't be beat on a nice summer day. I don't do any racing so that is not an issue with me. I got the 2000 because the 94 leaks and I just wanted something nice and new although the older one is in great condition. Everyone has their own reasons for what they buy, but I think both are great cars!

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, Mark, I put in a post regarding the GTS vs. RT/10. My reasoning is that I prefer the RT/10, however, my finances would limit me to a gen1 RT/10 or a '96 GTS. So it's a littlew more than just RT/10 vs GTS. What I'd like to find out is if the benefits of the GTS (revised aluminum suspention, better engine, adjustable pedals, etc.) significantly outweigh the experience of an open roadster. There have been a couple of good responses which I have found useful.

-Matt

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Top Ten Reasons why the Coupe is the COOLEST!

10 If I wanted a sunburn, I'd have bought a Harley <FONT COLOR="Blue">Kingman Hitz</FONT c>

9 You don't look like Don King after driving it! <FONT COLOR="Blue">Mike Owens</FONT c>

8 Driving a roadster in the rain is great.. if you're a duck. <FONT COLOR="Blue">Rob Hook</FONT c>

7 Rear window glass, the desert sun, and the tub in the back are the perfect combination for baking a "tire sized" cake. <FONT COLOR="Blue">David Blankenbaker</FONT c>

6 I like having ***** white translucent skin. Sun is bad for you <FONT COLOR="Blue">Andy Levitt</FONT c>

5 The "double bubble" has got to have some kind of Freudian significance. <FONT COLOR="Blue">Russ Beckett</FONT c>

4 I don't have to dislodge bugs from my forehead. <FONT COLOR="Blue">Martin Ahlers</FONT c>

3 You don't have to have hair to look cool driving it. <FONT COLOR="Blue">Brian Gwynn</FONT c>

2 Stripes make me look thinner. <FONT COLOR="Blue">Andy Levitt</FONT c>

And the number 1 Reason why the Coupe is the COOLEST...
1 ABOUT 18-MPH! <FONT COLOR="Blue">Richard Schencker</FONT c>

Top Ten Reasons why the Roadster RULES!

10 So the guy in the C5 you just blew past can hear you laughing! <FONT COLOR="Blue">Ryan Bender</FONT c>

9 C'mon, how many chics can you fit in a GTS?<FONT COLOR="Blue">Rob Hook </FONT c>

8 Better ventilation. WHAT? I SAID BETTER VENTILATION! <FONT COLOR="Blue">Richard Schencker</FONT c>

7 If I wanted practical, I'd buy a Honda. <FONT COLOR="Blue">Rob Hook</FONT c>

6 If you wanted perfect hair you would be driving a Cadillac. <FONT COLOR="Blue">Dan Elam</FONT c>

5 Far easier to hit signs with beer bottles. Yep, I'm in Alabama. <FONT COLOR="Blue">Richard Schencker</FONT c>

4 Car automatically "vacuums" itself at 100MPH <FONT COLOR="Blue">Mark Mazon</FONT c>

3 My tan will be darker in VEGAS! <FONT COLOR="Blue">Ryan Bender</FONT c>

2 Allows far more room for a big head. <FONT COLOR="Blue">Richard Schencker</FONT c>

And the number 1 Reason why the Roadster RULES...
1 I had chili for lunch. VENTILATION <FONT COLOR="Blue">Rob Hook</FONT c>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302