Just 2 more inches how can that change anything?

FRANK RT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just put the NWE 2" seat lowering kit in my rt/10 and oh my this is the best money i have spent on my viper. I thought 2" would not make that much more room but wow how I was wrong. My knees are not pressed aginst the dash anymore and my head is not sticking out the top of my car like before. If you need more room do not hesitate call and get the kit it is worth every penny... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

S

SUN RA KAT

I agree! My eyes are level with the 2/3 to the top of the windshield - which gives my a better view out the windshield than my Ram truck, which has my eyes level with 3/4 to the top of the windshield. The sun visors do not restrict my view out the front at all - well, maybe 1/4" at the top of the windshield.

That, and at 6'5" tall, the Northwind 2" seat drop kit is the only way to be able to drive a Viper without hitting my head on the inside of the roof.

Tilting the seat back by putting washers under the front only of the seats gives much more leg room and also gives great tigh support.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Tilting the seat back by putting washers under the front only of the seats gives much more leg room and also gives great tigh support.

Don't you hate that when your "tighs" are unsupported? :)

Just kidding! (Slow day)

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question about the seat lowering kit. If you drop the seat 2 inches the seat becomes stationary. With the kit are you forced to intall the seat all the way back? I am 6'1'' and ride with seat 2 clicks from the back.

S

SUN RA KAT

It's in a fixed position almost all the way back. Adjust your pedals backwards until they're comforable for you. I have mine adjusted all the way forward to give me the most leg room.

And don't ever forget tigh support. :eek:

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny- Adjust your pedals. LOL (what are you kidding me?) Were talkin' 92 here. :D Just because your cars yellow and you have adjustable pedals.....(HaHaHaHaHa). This 92 Novelty thing is starting to wear off.

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put the NWE 2" seat lowering kit in my rt/10

Sounds fantastic - I'm 6'5" - same issue. How about a little more detail on where to purchase the kit? :D

How difficult is it to install?

It'll be really nice to get just about an inch of room between my left knee and the dash...............

OP
OP
F

FRANK RT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The kit installs in about 35 minutes and I got mine from partsrack.com. It is not hard to put in at all, a socket set is all you need. 4 bolts to remove the seat, 4 more to remove the tracks then 4 bolts to install the kit and 4 to reattach the seat.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on how many inches you had to start with, but 2 more may make a world of difference! Ask your wife or girlfriend. Or both!

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking of doing this mod but it appears that in dropping the seat the thigh bolsters won't clear the seat cavity and they need to be scrunched in a bit. Is this true?

S

SUN RA KAT

The seat itself is unaffected by the 2" drop. All that is dropped is the frame that the seat attaches to.