Live debut webcast?

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of any plans by SRT to do a live webcast during the debut at the NY Auto show? I know I'm not the only one who won't be able to go, and a live webcast as they pull the cover off would be much better than waiting for pictures to be published online. I can't wait to see the new Viper either way but I would prefer to see it live.

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT on their facebook page hinted that this will be available online.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they webcam the event it would be unfair to the members that made early reservations to be in NYC and forked over $200 to be the first ones to view it. Maybe they can webcam the actual auto show presentation on April 6th, but as far as the "first viewing" that should be a special event for the members that went the extra mile because they could or wanted to be there on the April 4th. Besides most that are going to NYC for this are those that Chrysler knows are the majority that's looking to be the first owners (like myself) and isn't that what these events are for (sales)

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going and I would not be annoyed. I'm going for the experience... to feel the excitement and the energy in the air!
I wouldn't have a problem with a live webcast because I wouldn't get this feeling any other way than being there. It would be a non-issue.
But that's just me.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they webcam the event it would be unfair to the members that made early reservations to be in NYC and forked over $200 to be the first ones to view it. Maybe they can webcam the actual auto show presentation on April 6th, but as far as the "first viewing" that should be a special event for the members that went the extra mile because they could or wanted to be there on the April 4th. Besides most that are going to NYC for this are those that Chrysler knows are the majority that's looking to be the first owners (like myself) and isn't that what these events are for (sales)

The car is being showed to the press on the 4th. So there will already be pictures of it before the party later that evening. I'm counting on that as I cannot wait to see it. I hope someone brings a lap top with them so I can watch the car shown to the press Before seeing it in person later that evening! :)

I'm going and I would not be annoyed. I'm going for the experience... to feel the excitement and the energy in the air!
I wouldn't have a problem with a live webcast because I wouldn't get this feeling any other way than being there. It would be a non-issue.
But that's just me.

Could not agree more. I've said it before but to me this is what it probably felt like back in '92 when the production model was first shown. VERY exciting times!!

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posted an hour ago on SRT's facebook page.

"Viper fans: we've heard you out. Tune in to driveSRT.com on April 4 for a live webcast as the next-generation SRT Viper is revealed to the world. If your SRT club plans a viewing party, show us a thread link below. We might just give you something to tide you over until the show."

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posted an hour ago on SRT's facebook page.

"Viper fans: we've heard you out. Tune in to driveSRT.com on April 4 for a live webcast as the next-generation SRT Viper is revealed to the world. If your SRT club plans a viewing party, show us a thread link below. We might just give you something to tide you over until the show."

Sweet...Apparently SRT reads this site so here goes: Can I please get a free new car????

Can someone that has Facebook please let me know their answer?

OP
OP
N

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I meant the debut at the auto show. I know the club and it's members deserve the first up close and personal look at it and I wouldn't want to take away from that event. Sorry if I was unclear about that in my first post.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte